Hey,

I have a vodafone 9520 that I want to unlock to use in Canada.

It's asking me for a MEP network code.

Can I re-load the OS and have it complerely unlocked?

I'm using a mac and have the blackberry desktop software.

If someone could please help me or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you!
    12-11-11 12:08 PM
    Reloading the OS has no effect on the locked / unlocked state. You will need to purchase an unlock code. There are many reliable vendors in the unlocking forum who will be happy to help you. I'm moving your thread there. Someone will see it and contact you shortly.
    12-11-11 12:26 PM
    As JeffH has mentioned, you cannot unlock by reloading the OS . . an unlock code is generated by an IMEI and a mep lock id .,,, which cannot be done manually. Let us know if you need any assistance.
    12-11-11 07:04 PM
    Hey,

I have a vodafone 9520 that I want to unlock to use in Canada.

It's asking me for a MEP network code.

Can I re-load the OS and have it complerely unlocked?

I'm using a mac and have the blackberry desktop software.

If someone could please help me or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you!
    You need a unlock from your carrier or a online unlocker to do so
    12-12-11 02:12 PM
    To unlock a Blackberry device you will need to use a unique special unlock code. when you have the code you can use the unlocking instructions to unlock your Blackberry remotely.

You can use a Blackberry unlocking service to get the unlock code sent to your email instantly. each device is unlocked using a different unlock code.

And after you got it unlocked it's a SIM free Blackberry phone and can be used with any carrier.
    And you don't need to unlock it more then once, it will stay unlocked even if you wipe it....

but, it will stay locked without using the unlock code to unlock your Blackberry 9520.
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 12-13-11 at 04:28 AM.
    12-13-11 04:22 AM
    No matter whether you reload your OS or not, you will require an unlock code nonetheless. Contact us and we can help you unlock your phone.
    12-13-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD