I had an OS 4.7.0.78 and was working fine. I decided to upgrade the OS to 5.0.0.451 and then the problems started. When i switched on the says SIM CARD NOT FOUND whilst the sim card is in the phone. I press close and then a pop up comes which says "Your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" I press yes and then it asks me for "Enter Network MEP code" I have the MEP2 and MEP4 codes but i tried them still with no success.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks
    07-28-10 06:12 AM
    anyone please?
    07-29-10 02:03 AM
    wow...talk about a big leap in OS's.

That sounds more like a hardware type problem than the OS as sim card error means it cant read your sim card. the unlock code should be supplied by your carrier so give voda a call.
    but...before you do....check the SIM card is in the phone properly as this can cause an error.

by the way if you want to upgrade one more time we are now at .484 instead of 451!

BlackberryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center

copy link...
    07-29-10 03:02 AM
    tried it and still the same. The sim card is in and it asks me the unlock code for the sim card.
    07-29-10 03:59 AM
    someone else please?
    08-02-10 02:25 AM
    you need to give your carrier a call and ask for unlock code then.
    08-04-10 04:10 AM
    I had an OS 4.7.0.78 and was working fine. I decided to upgrade the OS to 5.0.0.451 and then the problems started. When i switched on the says SIM CARD NOT FOUND whilst the sim card is in the phone. I press close and then a pop up comes which says "Your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" I press yes and then it asks me for "Enter Network MEP code" I have the MEP2 and MEP4 codes but i tried them still with no success.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks
    Sounds like you have the incorrect codes.
    08-04-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD