Hi,

Anyone know how to enter the 9105 Pearl 3G help me/engineering screen. No ALT key so how do you do it. Also cannot get to the unlock screen. MEPPD, MEPD etc don't seem to work.

Help!

Thanks in advance
    08-09-10 09:14 AM
    When you go to the sim card options type in "mepp2" and then enter in your unlock code.
    08-09-10 09:21 AM
    Nope - doesn't work. Can get to first screen by typing in MEEPD but cant get to the second enter code screen.
    08-09-10 10:30 AM
    This has been the verified way to unlock a 9100

Before you start, you MUST have a Sim Card (could be Active or Inactive) & turn OFF ALL wireless radios

1. Press the Menu key
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    3. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen.
    4. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    5. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    6. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    7. Type MEPD Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    8. Type MEP then hold ALT key and type number 2. Note: When typing in MEP ATL 2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen, this step open up the Enter Network MEP box.
    9. Enter the unlock code.
    10. Press the trackball (Code Accepted should display)
    11. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handset off and then back on.
    12. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and restore connections.
    08-09-10 10:37 AM
    This is 9105 Pearl 3G - NO ALT key on handset.

Regards
    08-09-10 10:40 AM
    What's the workaround when no ALT key. I assume the problem is when trying to enter the digit '2' when entering MEP2 or MEPP2. It's a T9 handset.

Additionally, I cannot enter the help me or engineering screens - same problem no ALT key. Must be some way of doing it.

Regards
    08-09-10 10:43 AM
    This is 9105 Pearl 3G - NO ALT key on handset.

Regards
    my bad, did not catch that. now that is an interesting pickle, what does your unlock code vendor say? you could also email unlockusa.com or get a code from them for $2, they were great to work with for me, instant response to emails
    08-09-10 10:50 AM
    I've got the unlock code, and can get past the first stage by typing MEEPD. Cant get any further - no-one seems to know.
    08-09-10 11:36 AM
    I've got the unlock code, and can get past the first stage by typing MEEPD. Cant get any further - no-one seems to know.
    I told you to contact unlockusa.com, they will know.
    08-09-10 11:39 AM
    I've unlocked it by inserting unsupported SIM, it then asks if you would like to enter unlock code.

Obviously if you don't have another SIM this is not a solution - so putting this problem on the forum may help others.
    08-09-10 11:46 AM
    I've unlocked it by inserting unsupported SIM, it then asks if you would like to enter unlock code.

Obviously if you don't have another SIM this is not a solution - so putting this problem on the forum may help others.
    with all due respect you are not putting anything on this post that is going to help anyone else, unless I am brain dead I cannot understand a thing you are saying. you have a 9105 that you are trying to unlock. it does not have an 'alt' key so you cannot unlock it with the traditional way of doing it. I told you that unlockusa has the details. this has nothing to do with a sim. I think this about covers it. figure it out and post it, that is how you help people.
    08-09-10 11:53 AM
    After typing MEEPD you type MEEP2, plain simple, no Shift or ALT or SYM.
    12-09-10 09:27 AM
    Easiest way is to put in someone else's sim from a different carrier. Code will come up.
    12-09-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD