03-20-09 11:28 AM
32 12
tools
    Is there any way to get my 8900 unlocked for free?

Any help is appreciated.
    03-18-09 10:18 AM
    Is there any way to get my 8900 unlocked for free?

Any help is appreciated.
    cellunlock.net is having a free giveaway. I think people are waiting days to receive their unlock code though. I would just jump on ebay and buy it for $3.69, they give you the code within 20 minutes. Other than that, I dont know any free unlocking service.
    03-18-09 10:54 AM
    You could try to call Tmobile and ask for your unlock code. I have heard of it working for some folks. I have also heard of it not working for others. Good luck
    03-18-09 11:09 AM
    Tell T-mobile you are going on a trip to Italy and you need an unlock code.
    03-18-09 11:17 AM
    Yep call T-Mobile. I actually just requested mine yesterday.
    I also did this on my old 8320 and it worked fine.
    I'd think that's the best way.
    Takes 24hrs to 7 days to receive it (which rarely ever happens)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 11:25 AM
    Too much hastle for people with busy schedules. I would just ebay it.. and get it over with. Tmo doesnt just hand out unlock codes to those who ask.. However it is free, so if you deem it worthy, make the call.
    03-18-09 11:28 AM
    Too much hastle for people with busy schedules. I would just ebay it.. and get it over with. Tmo doesnt just hand out unlock codes to those who ask.. However it is free, so if you deem it worthy, make the call.
    Yea I hear ya bu the OP wanted ideas for getting a free unlock code. If you want something for free then you need to do some legwork yourself. If, instead, you want to pay for a code then I suggest Horizon Wireless.
    03-18-09 12:43 PM
    You can try to use the MFI Multiloader and wipe it clean. When you re-install the OS it should be unlocked. It worked with a Bold i had previously, and if i remember correctly it works for all 8*** series phones also (it doesnt work for Storms)
    03-19-09 08:12 AM
    i ordered from cellunlock.net during the promotion..still didn't get it yet. its been almost a week
    03-19-09 05:29 PM
    Always best to try your operator. Just keep moaning for 10 mins, they usually will give it to you to shut you up.
    03-19-09 05:33 PM
    1) I ordered my unlock from tmobile and I got it in 2 days. You have to have you account in good standings and you have to of had your phone , or haven't got a code, for 90 days. -as per T-Mobile-. Its not if you are worthy enough.

2) I ordered my unlock code from cell unlock.net and got my code in like 30 mins.

With that being said order it from tmobile for free if that doesn't work the order stright feom Cell Unlock. Wiping the OS does not unlock it. I ask my cousin who works for RIM, sorrry to spill the beans.

03-19-09 06:30 PM
    to get the promo unlock code you have to find the thread & post your order number in it ... its on this site somewhere ... I found the thread using a deal site I use ofen.

After posting my order # i got my code w/in 24 hours
    03-19-09 07:59 PM
    We can have your code sent within minutes and you can use coupon code: crackb50 and get 50% off.
    03-19-09 09:37 PM
    I got my unlock code sent from tmobile within 24hours

03-20-09 01:50 AM
    I just called and spent maybe 3 minutes on the phone with a T-Mobile rep... Unlock code is being sent right now free of charge.
    03-20-09 07:28 AM

Really not that much of a hassle....with my 8120 I called and spent 5 mins on the phone and had the code in a few hours!!
    03-20-09 07:42 AM
    Have you tried? I have had every phone I have gotten from T-Mobile unlocked by them. Normally after the standard 90 day window they will do it no questions asked. If they whine, tell them you are likely going to be traveling and want to use a local sim. I had 3 phones unlocked the day I received them because we were traveling that week. No hassle, sent the codes in a few hours.

I wouldn't risk ebay unlock codes. Put the wrong one in and you have an unbrickable brick!
    03-20-09 08:16 AM
    You can try to use the MFI Multiloader and wipe it clean. When you re-install the OS it should be unlocked. It worked with a Bold i had previously, and if i remember correctly it works for all 8*** series phones also (it doesnt work for Storms)
    Unlocking from a carrier is strictly hardware and requires a code issued by RIM. Wipingthe handset will do nothing to effect that.
    03-20-09 08:18 AM
    I called TMo and got it within 24 hours. It took about 5 minutes. I told them that I travel out of the states (which I do) and there was no problem.
    03-20-09 08:57 AM
    We can have your code sent within minutes and you can use coupon code: crackb50 and get 50% off.
    Within minutes? Sure you can. I'm still wait for my free one from your last promotion. I ordered it on March 11, today is the 20th.

You should honor your old promotions before making new ones.
    03-20-09 09:37 AM
    Ouch......might want to watch out when spamming a forum!
    03-20-09 09:40 AM
    Within minutes? Sure you can. I'm still wait for my free one from your last promotion. I ordered it on March 11, today is the 20th.

well paying customers should take priority over free customers
    03-20-09 09:42 AM

We received over 18 000 orders that we are still processing. You are more then welcomed to post your order number on the other thread and your code will be delivered the same as everyone else did.
    03-20-09 09:48 AM
    well paying customers should take priority over free customers
    I agree. However, a promotion was made, and up to now has NOT been honored. He's now promoting a 50% off with a promise to unlock within minutes.

Before making another "promotion and promise", honor the first one. I even emailed them and asked if I could get an ETA. Not even a response. They don't have any credibility with me.
    03-20-09 09:53 AM
    I agree. However, a promotion was made, and up to now has NOT been honored. He's now promoting a 50% off with a promise to unlock within minutes.

Before making another "promotion and promise", honor the first one. I even emailed them and asked if I could get an ETA. Not even a response. They don't have any credibility with me.

We apologize you think this way, but we're receiving over 2000 emails per day asking for the status of their free code, if we replied to all of them we would never be able to get any order out because we have a limit on emails we can send per day. Check your PM.

Also we are honoring the other promo, 9000 codes have been delivered up to know for Free.
    03-20-09 09:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD