Hi everyone,

Just had one question ... I will be picking up my 8900 tonight (from someone on CL) and was wondering if there are any issues using an AT&T SIM Card in an unlocked T-Mobile phone?

Will the phone have the TMobile layout?

Any known issues running the AT&T SIM on the T-Mobile unlocked phone?

Thanks!
    09-30-09 06:19 PM
    if it is unlocked then there is no issues! i would make sure it is unlocked before leaving!
    09-30-09 06:34 PM
    Lots of people have T-Mobile 8900's on AT&T... you will see the T-Mobile logo when it boot up all the time... but you will not get UMA calling because AT&T does not support UMA.
    09-30-09 06:45 PM
    ok thanks!

so all I will see is T-Mobile when I turn it on, that's it?

and I hate to say it, especially here but ... whats UMA?
    09-30-09 07:21 PM
    its a way to make calls over wifi
    09-30-09 08:14 PM
    ok cool thanks!
    10-02-09 01:40 PM
    Yes it will still have Tmobile branding, but ATT should work fine, and once you get the service books, you should get all the ATT stuff on their such as MEdia net.
    10-02-09 02:21 PM
    Yup the branding will be TMO. But I think its kinda funny when I turn my phone on and it has the Rogers splash--and I'm on fido!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 09:40 PM
    Yup the branding will be TMO. But I think its kinda funny when I turn my phone on and it has the Rogers splash--and I'm on fido!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Is it Fido or Rogers branded?
    10-02-09 11:00 PM
    Is it Fido or Rogers branded?
    Its Rogers branded.
    10-03-09 01:02 AM
    Make sure its unlocked before buying it. Go to Options->Advanced Options ->Sim Card-> type mepd...should say inactive or disabled next to Network..anything else, means its locked
    10-03-09 11:56 AM
    I have a T--Mobile 8900 and unlocked. it latches in to the network easily and getting calls. but i cant answer any calls, nor go inside main menu. does not work any key presses, but scrolling is possible. even cant select any option by clicking the scroll butting.

any locking issue? please help. i have vodafone localized BB OS updater, will it work if i update the OS?
    10-21-09 03:52 AM
    It sounds like a OS issue not a unlocking issue.
    10-21-09 01:29 PM
    I have a T--Mobile 8900 and unlocked. it latches in to the network easily and getting calls. but i cant answer any calls, nor go inside main menu. does not work any key presses, but scrolling is possible. even cant select any option by clicking the scroll butting.

any locking issue? please help. i have vodafone localized BB OS updater, will it work if i update the OS?
    Not a locking issue, try to do a Wipe Handeld or update the OS, that should fix the problem.
    10-21-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD