hello, i am new to the site! new to blackberry, i have a t mobile 8900 unlocked phone, with my at&t service/sim card in it. i got it from ebay and the phone was unlocked worked fine untill a few days ago, so i did the master/hard reset, and everything started working correctly again exceot iu cannot send picture messages or recieve them! i tried all formats and sizes of the pictures, no luck, any suggestions??
    04-17-10 08:39 AM
    Has it every worked??? What OS version are you running??? Have you tried to send one to yourself??? By master/hard reset do you mean a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery OUT for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... is that what you mean, because that is a proper reboot???
    04-17-10 02:45 PM
    ive used my tmo branded 8900 just fine on att. sounds like you just need to resend service books since maybe the MMS gateways were reset somehow.
    04-17-10 06:38 PM
    I'm guessing it's lock to BES and image attachments are restricted, just a wild guess, to to Options/Password, can you set a password? do you notice a tiny red lock where the password field is? if so, then it's locked to BES (Enterprise server). Only way to get rid of this is to bring the unit to factory settings and you can do that by using loader.exe /resettofactory command, make sure if you do this, you back anything you need on your device.

Good luck!
    04-17-10 07:37 PM
    Does the data part of it work? If not, then you might just have to change the APN settings in Options-Advanced options-tcp/ip to the ones for ATT
    04-17-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD