I need to travel to Ukraine for 6- 8 weeks for an adoption, and unfortunately my 8350i (Telus) cannot be used there...I am able to borrow an 8830 WE (Bell) and was hoping to pick up a plan in Ukraine with a local number....do I need to unlock the device or will it work there? If I do need to unlock, how can I get this done? Also, has onyone had luck sync'ing with an enterprise server from abroad? I am desperate!!
    Last edited by mprrr001; 07-09-10 at 12:35 PM.
    07-09-10 12:01 PM
    Moved to unlocking forum. To use enterprise server, you'll need a data plan in addition to a local number. I don't know how easy or expensive that may be.
    07-11-10 09:59 PM
    I need to travel to Ukraine for 6- 8 weeks for an adoption, and unfortunately my 8350i (Telus) cannot be used there...I am able to borrow an 8830 WE (Bell) and was hoping to pick up a plan in Ukraine with a local number....do I need to unlock the device or will it work there? If I do need to unlock, how can I get this done? Also, has onyone had luck sync'ing with an enterprise server from abroad? I am desperate!!
    You want to make sure the phone is not unlocked already. You can go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then type the letters MEPD.

If Network says Inactive or Disabled that means the phone is unlocked.
    If Network says Active or Enabled, that means the phone is locked and needs to be unlocked in order to work with other SIM cards.

You can sync with Enterprise if the carrier you will be using offers BES Data Plans.
    07-11-10 11:50 PM
    Need to unlock it prior to use and pick up a carrier who offers prepaid BES service.
    07-12-10 10:50 PM
    Need to unlock it prior to use and pick up a carrier who offers prepaid BES service.
    What he said. The 8830 will work (phone wise), but very few carriers offer BIS/BES services on pay as you go..may have to go on a monthly plan for 2 months :S

PS...GOOD LUCK ON THE ADOPTION!!
    07-13-10 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD