i am really super new to the blackberry world, really excited. so new that this is my first blackberry. i just ordered my first blackberry 8320 off ebay just a few moments ago. i need answered a few questions if possible, and if you can an advanced thank you. i know there are other forums about this on this site, but nothing through what i have read and i haven't read it all to be honest, but nothing really answers my questions.

-can you unlock a 8320 for free being a AT&T customer?
    -can you unlock a 8320 through AT&T (maybe the same question)?
    -any other possible way of unlocking phone for free?
    03-27-08 12:49 AM
    You cannot unlock it thru AT&T
    03-27-08 12:51 AM
    Your best bet is to call T-mobile. Hopefully you get lucky. You can try RIM and get a "Authorization of Release" and then call T-mobile. AT&T will not have this code though for you.
    03-27-08 02:12 AM
    Only Tmo can unlock that for free. I'm not sure if Tmo will help you though being a non-customer but if you have a friend on Tmo have them call. Have you tried asking the ebay seller if he can do it for you since he might still be on Tmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 03:15 AM
    ahh good idea, and thanks for the info. if that doesn't work can anyone please be out of their way generous who has tmobile and help provide me with a unlock code?
    Last edited by ahn1ad; 03-27-08 at 03:30 AM.
    03-27-08 03:26 AM
    Unlock codes are unique to each device so you cannot use someone elses code to unlock your BB unfortunately.

03-27-08 04:15 AM
    There are reliable sellers on the 'bay who can get you a code in 24-48 hours for ~$25. PM or PIN me if you want references.
    I'd go for the friend with a TMO account first, tho. They need: IMEI, Model #, and for some reason a friend of mine was asked for color - which they don't need. They might also be asked for PIN number, but it's doubtful.

Good luck,
    Eric

03-27-08 04:22 AM
    Good luck and welcome to bb!

03-27-08 05:47 AM
    thank you, but i heard that you can get more then one code if you wait 90 days in between. i'm trying my best not to pay haha.
    03-27-08 10:33 AM
    You can. One code per account per 90 days. (TMO)

ATT seems to hand 'em out like candy, at least to business/premiere customers, dunno about the unwashed masses.
    03-27-08 02:34 PM
    You can. One code per account per 90 days. (TMO)

ATT seems to hand 'em out like candy, at least to business/premiere customers, dunno about the unwashed masses.

Yeah AT&T will if you are a customer of theirs.
    03-27-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD