So since my Bold took a dive to the bottom of the 8 ft water at the pool, today I found a 9630 in great shape for a decent price on Craigslist. It wasn't unlocked, but the girl emailed me and said for an extra 10 bucks she'd unlock it. I'm like, 'awesome'. I went to pick it up, looked at it, it said 'Security Disabled' in the sim card menu so I assumed that meant it was unlocked. Got home, pulled out her old VZW sim, stuck in my Tmo sim, and the message to unlock it pops up, and says there is ONE try left. I'm freaking out, because I'm missing REALLY important calls right now, but I'm terrified to even try to unlock it! I can't afford to buy another BB today if I mess this up, I'm so upset. If I give it a shot, what is the percentage that I will be generated a wrong code? (And yes, I've tried to get in touch with the girl regarding her dishonesty, but no luck. I should've been more careful.)
    08-18-11 04:31 PM
    If it reads "Active" next to "Network", then it is still locked.

Get a code from a REPUTABLE unlocking company.

Make sure you enter the unlock code absolutely perfectly.
    08-18-11 05:19 PM
    here, on this forum, are many sources you can rely on....

hope your problem would be solved......

Good Luck......!!!!!!!!
    08-18-11 07:59 PM
    If it really is a verizon device, the chances of being the wrong code are slim to none when you are dealing with a reputable unlocking company.
    08-18-11 11:44 PM
    Well get you the code and if it works send us the money.
    08-19-11 12:11 AM
    If it really is a verizon device, the chances of being the wrong code are slim to none when you are dealing with a reputable unlocking company.
    Great- that set my fears to rest.

here, on this forum, are many sources you can rely on....
    Yes, I see. Thank you to all who replied for the kind advice and assistance. And thank you for not making fun of my spazzing out (I sounded like some teenage drama queen when I reread my post, how embarrassing ) Eveything worked out perfectly fine.
    08-19-11 05:48 AM
    Glad to hear! Enjoy your unlocked phone!
    08-19-11 04:42 PM
    It's good that you have visited here and done it all right.
    Happy to hear that your Blackberry is now unlocked - enjoy your new phone
    08-19-11 05:08 PM
    Glad to hear that your phone is now unlocked...
    08-25-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD