I'm wanting to unlock a 9300 Curve here. I don't have a SIM card in it, but I have the 0 attempts at the unlock screen. Do I HAVE to have a SIM card in to unlock it? If I put a SIM card in, will that 0 left change at all?
    07-28-11 12:54 PM
    If all 10 attempts are taken then you cannot unlock it. There is not solution yet for this issue with DM3 service but you can try to send it to the manufacturer to get it reset.
    07-28-11 03:37 PM
    Watch out buying phones online (and even in person sometimes) since unscrupulous sellers will try and sell off these phones with 0 attempts left. Depending on the model you may or may not have luck sending it off for reset
    07-29-11 12:00 AM
    Your Blackberry is "hardlocked" and it can be unlocked after resting the MEP Counter (to get the 10 attempts back) - it can be done by a service such as dm3 and you need to get the phone to them - it's cable hacking and not like the remote unlocking that you can do by yourself online.
    07-31-11 09:56 AM
    Agree with blackberry-unlocking710, for this you have to contact its manufacturer inorder to reset it mep code.
    10-09-11 08:54 AM
    I'm wanting to unlock a 9300 Curve here. I don't have a SIM card in it, but I have the 0 attempts at the unlock screen. Do I HAVE to have a SIM card in to unlock it? If I put a SIM card in, will that 0 left change at all?
    Need to unlock via cable and software.
    10-09-11 11:02 AM
    Yup,

You can try sending it to RIM to get it reset

Call them to see if they can help
    10-09-11 06:31 PM
    There is only one solution left at this point and that is to have your blackberry back to have it reset.
    10-25-11 06:10 PM
    Try Blackberry Revive (Hardlocked Blackberry Revive Solution | Home) Your problem will be solved irrespective of your Blackberry models, we have solved several hardlocked Blackberries with and it takes less than 24 hours.

We do not require you to send your phones down, we get them resolved remotely by putting you through step by step. Once payment is made and steps are followed, our technical personnel connects directly to your PC remotely to complete the process.
    Hardlocked Blackberry Revive Solution | Home
    01-03-12 09:45 PM
    There is only one solution left at this point and that is to have your blackberry back to have it reset.
    There is a solution as we have a technician that can fix mep 0 tries left aka hardlocked ...

BTW .. Do not trust bbrevive as it is a scam and he has ripped off images from a fellow unlocking site: www.blackberryunlocking.us
    Last edited by freethisberrydotcom; 01-03-12 at 10:58 PM.
    01-03-12 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD