Has anyone got any feedback or experience on activating devices using the Work space only (Samsung KNOX) mode?

Would be interested to hear any positive's or negatives from using this method of activation.
    10-10-17 05:59 AM
    other than testing to see if it would activate on a new device, didn't spend much time with it.
    10-11-17 12:20 AM
    It is not so smooth. Activating ran through but I was not able to push apps. But I will test it again with the new UEM client which was released this morning.
    10-17-17 07:01 AM
    Hi. Thanks for testing!

Apparently you can not push apps to it, you have to go in to the Play Store and download them manually. This is a known issue apparently.

Also you will find that you are unable to update the play store which is another massive issue, and apparently this is once again a known issue yet to be resolved.

Also you may find that despite setting a password policy on the UEM some Samsung phones ignore this and randomly ask people to change their passwords. I've had some users being prompted multiple times a day. Way round this is to set a policy whereby passwords are not required to be changed!!

Personally, I think this activation mode is plagued with bugs!! Bearing in mind Knox is supposed to be one of the most secure ways of deploying devices the above is very disappointing and the support from Blackberry is shocking, I have tickets open for months trying to resolve issues.
    10-23-17 05:18 AM
    Hi. Thanks for testing!

Apparently you can not push apps to it, you have to go in to the Play Store and download them manually. This is a known issue apparently.

Also you will find that you are unable to update the play store which is another massive issue, and apparently this is once again a known issue yet to be resolved.

Also you may find that despite setting a password policy on the UEM some Samsung phones ignore this and randomly ask people to change their passwords. I've had some users being prompted multiple times a day. Way round this is to set a policy whereby passwords are not required to be changed!!

Personally, I think this activation mode is plagued with bugs!! Bearing in mind Knox is supposed to be one of the most secure ways of deploying devices the above is very disappointing and the support from Blackberry is shocking, I have tickets open for months trying to resolve issues.
    10-23-17 05:18 AM
    I have not tested this but surely, one should add, ones business email address in to Google Play in the personal use aside.
    Google Play will still update on the personal side.
    As a result that should theoretically be carried over to the business side. Since both use the same software it only needs to be installed once just two separate accounts but because you have unified Google Play accounts you should have everything available
    10-23-17 06:23 AM
    In theory I imagine that may work, but I have not tested it. The issue with that for me is that we Knox Workspace only without a personal side, which is our preferred solution.
    10-23-17 06:29 AM