Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    We are currently running UEM 12.7 on four servers and I am going to be upgrading these to 12.9, this is the first upgrade we have completed so I'm looking for some advice.

I have read the documentation at the below links;

Upgrade BlackBerry UEM version 12.7 and later to BlackBerry UEM version 12.9 - BlackBerry UEM - 12.9
    Upgrade a domain that consists of multiple instances of BlackBerry UEM - BlackBerry UEM - 12.9

My questions are the below;
    - After upgrading the first instance do I leave this powered on or turn this off and then turn all servers on at the end after all instances are upgraded?
    - When upgrading multiple instances do you start services only after upgrading all four servers or start the services on a server after that individual server has been upgraded?

Thanks in advance.
    10-05-18 10:10 AM
    Assuming all connected to same database...

1: Shut down services on all servers. Recommend creating a dB backup and vm snapshots of all machines.
    2: Run upgrade on the one you choose to be primary. This one will backup and upgrade the dB
    3: once upgrade is completed, it can safely start its services
    4: run upgrade on each remaining server. They can each safely be run after upgraded. Just do NOT spin up a 12.7 server once dB has been upgraded.

Note. I'd go straight to 12.9.1 , though be aware there is a known possible device sync issue they've seen for some post upgrade, which can be solved relatively easily. Believe bb help article 000050810 covers it.
    10-06-18 06:52 PM
    Rodney

They are all are connected to the same DB.

From BB's documentation they state "Shut down all instances of BlackBerry UEM in the domain", would you recommend just disabling the services and leaving servers running rather than shutting them down?
    Last edited by MarkT-GB; 10-08-18 at 04:48 AM.
    10-08-18 03:18 AM
    Rodney

They are all are connected to the same DB.

From BB's documentation they state "Shut down all instances of BlackBerry UEM in the domain", would you recommend just disabling the services and leaving servers running rather than shutting them down?
    That is what they mean yes. Leave the windows server running, stop all the Blackberry /good services themselves.

Also, shouldn't need to disable the services, just stop them.
    10-08-18 05:18 PM
    Important step! Check it please. Under Settings and external integration check if there's an option for a Dynamics sync. The way the NOC is addressed is changed so if you don't run the sync prior (assuming you see the option, if not you're good to go) then you'll run into issues later.
    ManoCooper likes this.
    10-09-18 01:41 AM
    I did read this and checked for the sync option, there is no option.

Thanks
    10-09-18 03:30 AM
    I don't see the sync option either. Where exactly would it be and is it only available under specific version?
    10-09-18 09:39 PM
    Also based on the same article, shutting down all instances before upgrading to the newer version is no longer required starting with version 12.8.
    10-09-18 09:44 PM
    You wil only see the sync option if you were originally on a stand alone Good Control and upgraded it to UEM.
    If you never ran or installed Good Control and started using Blackberry Dynamics with UEM then there is no Sync.
    12-18-18 08:54 AM