Current client wants to give me a work phone (iPhone) for work use. The other option is "bring your own phone" wherein you use your personal phone and plan and they install UEM client on it.

(Been a while since I've dealt with Blackberry, so I assume UEM is the client software?)

Anyway I am proposing a third option and that is they give me just a SIM instead of a whole phone. I'll install that as the second SIM in my Android phone (Xiaomi 9T).

Will that work, and more important can I lock the UEM to the work-provided SIM? Not a requirement, but I'd like to provide some assurance if they have never tried this before.
    10-15-19 01:19 PM
    Current client wants to give me a work phone (iPhone) for work use. The other option is "bring your own phone" wherein you use your personal phone and plan and they install UEM client on it.

(Been a while since I've dealt with Blackberry, so I assume UEM is the client software?)

Anyway I am proposing a third option and that is they give me just a SIM instead of a whole phone. I'll install that as the second SIM in my Android phone (Xiaomi 9T).

Will that work, and more important can I lock the UEM to the work-provided SIM? Not a requirement, but I'd like to provide some assurance if they have never tried this before.
    BlackBerry UEM, like other EMM solutions, provides a containerised area on your device that is controlled by the enterprise. It's like having two phones in one (own apps, contacts, calendars, etc) where you can't copy any info from one to the other.

How they deal with two SIMs, I don't know.
    10-15-19 01:52 PM
    Bottom line, I'd talk a little with IT and find out what solution they are using and what "client" is being installed. They might can even tell you if it will work with a dual SIM phone and if so, does it require the primary account.
    10-15-19 01:58 PM
    With a BYOD work profile on standard Android enterprise, your Sim means nothing other than inventory data. They have no lockdown controls over your cellular phone or data usage. About only thing hey can do data wise is provision work wifi profiles and vpn connections

Last I checked, would only report the primary sim and cellular number, but again, since that is device owner side of phone, they'd have little to no control over it.
    2nd sim would basically just give you a totally separate work phone number, but not data unless you set it as primary / active data
    Tested very quickly on an Asus dual sim device a year ago
    10-17-19 08:46 PM
    Using a dual-sim BlackBerry Keyone here and onboarded to my UEM using both a regular MDM profile and BlackBerry Dynamics. I can confirm what @Rodney Wilder and others said but I will paraphrase. The profiles, etc., that are pushed down to your phone and permit it to talk to the UEM infrastructure afterwards are tied to the platform (ie: the whole device) and not a particular phone number.
    10-31-19 10:34 AM
    Dual sim is not the question. It's important to know which kind of deployment they require for their employees; managed or unmanaged by MDM or AFW/Google Work or only a unmanaged BB Work container pushed by UEM.

Why some people react in these forums which do know something about devices in this section with absolutely no knowledge is beyond me.

For the topic starter; just ask your question to the UEM admin in your organisation he/she knows the deployment, the policies and the possibilities to adjust a profile for you when they're allowed to by the company itself.

Good luck!
    12-24-19 10:24 PM
    Why some people react in these forums which do know something about devices in this section with absolutely no knowledge is beyond me. Good luck!
    Probably it’s because the people that really know everything don’t response for two months and they figure any help the OP receives is better than nothing from the one that knows all.
    12-24-19 10:31 PM
    Hi Chuck, maybe you're right. I didn't want to be rude.
    12-24-19 10:33 PM
    Hi Chuck, maybe you're right. I didn't want to be rude.
    I get it. Million times I’ve said that I’m no IT guy. It’s just hard to watch a question go unanswered or you just want to help since it may be the person's first visit here. Merry Christmas as I don’t mean to be a total “” here either...
    CNX66 likes this.
    12-24-19 10:49 PM
    Well considering OP specifically stated BYOD was option he was provided, which means a work profile on personal phone, his questions have been answered with clarification on the fact that dual sim means nothing in the situation concernimg that work profile.

I've dealt with IT support at large organizations and they tend to be less than forthcoming on info. As someone who works in IT myself, I also have experience with users distrusting everything I say and hating me no matter what I do, so it unfortunately makes sense for him to verify with neutral 3rd party
    12-24-19 11:20 PM
    Well considering OP specifically stated BYOD was option he was provided, which means a work profile on personal phone, his questions have been answered with clarification on the fact that dual sim means nothing in the situation concernimg that work profile.

I've dealt with IT support at large organizations and they tend to be less than forthcoming on info. As someone who works in IT myself, I also have experience with users distrusting everything I say and hating me no matter what I do, so it unfortunately makes sense for him to verify with neutral 3rd party
    That's a fact. You're right.
    12-24-19 11:53 PM
    Dual sim is not the question. It's important to know which kind of deployment they require for their employees; managed or unmanaged by MDM or AFW/Google Work or only a unmanaged BB Work container pushed by UEM.

Why some people react in these forums which do know something about devices in this section with absolutely no knowledge is beyond me.

For the topic starter; just ask your question to the UEM admin in your organisation he/she knows the deployment, the policies and the possibilities to adjust a profile for you when they're allowed to by the company itself.

Good luck!
    I thought I had simply and correctly answered the question so I was wondering what your diatribe means exactly?
    12-25-19 09:32 PM
    I thought I had simply and correctly answered the question so I was wondering what your diatribe means exactly?
    Your answer was correct. No offense.
    12-25-19 11:07 PM