Keyone activated on UEM 12.6.3

Keyone default ringtone set to something other than "spirit"

Call the KEYone from a phone that is not defined in your UEM contacts. Rings using the default ringtone (correct functionality)

Call the KEYone from a phone that IS defined in your UEM contacts and the ringtone defaults to "spirit". Does not follow the default ringtone.

Go into your contact and define the rintone to be the same as your default ringtone and call the phone from that number and it still does not follow the custom ringtone, rather it uses "spirit" ringtone.

Something seems busted. Have opened a ticket with BB Support.

Please let me know if you have the same situation so I can pile on BB Support.
    Last edited by Roveer; 08-21-17 at 06:52 PM.
    08-21-17 11:42 AM
    if you are saying that you want to assign a custom ringtone of your own... you have to put the mp3 in the Ringtone folder on the device memory (not sd)
    08-24-17 06:53 AM
    if you are saying that you want to assign a custom ringtone of your own... you have to put the mp3 in the Ringtone folder on the device memory (not sd)
    Nope. Not at all what i'm saying. KEYone will not play the default ringtone when a user is listed in contacts on UEM activated device. Works just fine if it's not UEM activated. In addition, KEYone will not allow you to assign custom ringtone for a contact. It lets you assign the ringtone, but the only ringtone that actually plays when a user is in contacts on a UEM activated phone is "SPIRIT". It's busted. They have to fix it. I have an open ticket with BB Support. I was just trying to get someone who has UEM and a KEYone to confirm the problem.
    Last edited by Roveer; 08-26-17 at 12:39 PM.
    08-26-17 08:17 AM
    ah, my work does not use UEM. so, I have no issues customizing ringtones for myself and any contacts. good luck
    08-30-17 07:55 AM
    Having same issue on a Pixel. So it could be related to Android Enterprise.
    09-08-17 04:05 PM
    Oh this is so rich. After 4 weeks of BB Support messing around their answer to me is --- "this is expected behavior". Really, breaking customized ringtones is expected behavior. I reminded them that this does not happen on a BB Priv, nor does it happen on a Samsung S6 Active, just the KEYone. I told him in no uncertain terms "I reject that explanation". What a true waste of time. Calling my support manager contact on Friday.
    09-28-17 05:22 PM
    So Here's an update to the KEYone / UEM Ringtone issue. After activating KEYone on UEM and adding user to work contacts the only ringtone that would sound no matter what the default setting or custom ringtone setting is set to was "spirit". Basically Broke all ringtone customization and only allowed a single ringtone.

After weeks with BB Support and testing i was told "this is normal functionality". Ha!!! I told the tech support rep that I rejected his explanation and that we could not close the ticket. He was miffed. Guess he doesn't use his phone in a meaningful way.

Situation made worse by the fact that BB Priv on MM and Samsung S6 on Nougat work just find and allow full customization.

I used one of my BB Support inside contacts to raise my complaint. Today I got a phone call back. He admitted it was a "bug" and it would be escalated to the development team to be fixed. Awaiting further information on time frame.

When something sounds so ridiculous, don't accept the answer.

Roveer
    10-02-17 06:02 PM
    Glad that I found your posting, Roveer.
    I already thought I am stupid because I have the same problem and I am totally upset because of that.
    I am using the BB keyone black edition with UEM 12.7.1 so some versions newer and BB still has this problem. your post was from August 2017.
    Do you have a solution for this problem or what was the latest update from the BB tech support?

Stefan
    12-15-17 11:28 AM