A heavy android release, squashes bugs and introduces a pile of new policies for Android for Work. Or more specifically, AFW on Nougat.
    Bluetooth, NFC and roaming data controls, as well as the much sought after USB OTG and SD / MEDIA card permissions in workspace.
    Unfortunately most of this requires Android 7, so BlackBerry, get on releasing Nougat like for our PRIV and DTek devices.
    04-09-17 09:51 PM
    It's not just BlackBerry.... other OEM and then Carriers are very slow to push out these updates. Some of which as you stated are key to allowing for full control of Android by IT Management systems.

Very surprised that Google hasn't fixed this issue with their platform.... other than putting out their own line of devices.
    04-10-17 11:06 AM
    The big thing on the new policies is, that the most of the new policies are exclusive for BlackBerry powered by Android devices.
    04-12-17 04:10 AM
    The big thing on the new policies is, that the most of the new policies are exclusive for BlackBerry powered by Android devices.
    Yes. This is very intriguing and sounds promising, yet from the features listed I thought this was mainly stuff provided by Nougat itself. It's all very hush hush. I'm trying not to hold my breath in anticipation for forthcoming Nougat on my PRIV but it's like a dirty tease familiar to bes12 updates which added new bb10 policies and noted they required the yet to be released bb10 os.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 10:29 PM