I have set up BUEM and installed BEMS. I have been able to activate an iPhone and get email w/activesync using BB Work. The problem I have is I go into settings for the BB Work and tap email under notifications and I get the error message "Enterprise Mobility Server is not installed". In BEMS I have mail configured and no errors show in the interface when I test it. I have been talking with support andthey had me install / configure BEMS connect (originally I only installed the email portion). Which from what it says in the BEMS interface connect is for instant messaging so that is a bit confusing as to why that is needed.

From what support said this problem is because push notifications for iOS needs to be set up. I've been back and forth with support but so far there hasn't been a solution to get this working. He did mention that iOS users always have trouble with this. Funny cause I would have thought then that means they should be familiar with the problem. I did have the ticket escalated so hopefully a tech who knows how to fix this will pick it up.

In the manual I did read about checking the EWS listener and push channels by going to the URL http://127.0.0.1:8181/pushnotify/pushchannels. I did that and I received a NULL [] response back. The response says to check the logs (which log is a good question) or the SSH console (whatever that is).

Anyone have any pointers on how to configure push notifications for iOS? I'm using BUEM 12.6.3 and BEMS 2.4.18.19. No blackberry proxy if that matters.

Thank you,

J
    07-20-17 01:32 PM
    Older thread I know but hopefully it helps you, or someone else. A few things to check:

Export the BEMS certificate, and deploy that to users in a UEM CA Certificate profile.

In your BlackBerry Dynamics connectivity profile, add an additional server, putting your BEMS fqdn, port 8443.

Then, under app servers, add Work and set the fqdn of BEMS there, same port.

Give this some time to push down, then try it.
    webmeister likes this.
    08-10-17 01:05 PM
    dpeters11,

thanks for mentioning adding the BEMS certificate to UEM CA policy. I spent hours working with support and was waiting to get word from their tier 3 Support to solve this when I saw your comment which got the push notifications working on my iOS devices. is this tidbit in any UEM documentation? I did not find it nor did the tier 1 or 2 analysts mention this.
    10-02-17 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did get it worked out and it was what you said but honestly it was such a nightmare that I forgot all about my post here. Just like dpeters11. Multiple support tiers, finally got someone who knew what they were doing. The other people led me down so many rabbit holes it was just annoying. The nightmare doesn't end either or at least it hasn't for me...
    10-02-17 03:43 PM