Hi there,

We are using Blackberry's UEM as our MDM. Our admins published IBM Navigator Mobile app to our end-users iPads. Generally it works as expected but we have one problem (sorry for simplifications but i am not UEMs admin nor iOS developer)

a) in ideal world any app should use UEM "secure connection" (or whatever the proper name is) to access outside world; this connection is provided for all blackberry apps that come with UEM (like web browser, email client etc). User just click app icon and connection to enterprise network is provided by UEM, very simple, user friendly and secure.

b) sadly, the outgoing connection that IBM Navigator Mobile app creates is using "normal" iOS network, so it tries to access our internal servers over the internet and fails; user has to go to settings, turn VPN on and then go to UEM app list and open IBM Navigator Mobile

I am searching in BB-UEM docs to find out how to do it properly so IBM app could use UEM's secure channel but maybe someone here could help me with this
    09-12-18 04:20 AM
    Hi there,

We are using Blackberry's UEM as our MDM. Our admins published IBM Navigator Mobile app to our end-users iPads. Generally it works as expected but we have one problem (sorry for simplifications but i am not UEMs admin nor iOS developer)

a) in ideal world any app should use UEM "secure connection" (or whatever the proper name is) to access outside world; this connection is provided for all blackberry apps that come with UEM (like web browser, email client etc). User just click app icon and connection to enterprise network is provided by UEM, very simple, user friendly and secure.

b) sadly, the outgoing connection that IBM Navigator Mobile app creates is using "normal" iOS network, so it tries to access our internal servers over the internet and fails; user has to go to settings, turn VPN on and then go to UEM app list and open IBM Navigator Mobile

I am searching in BB-UEM docs to find out how to do it properly so IBM app could use UEM's secure channel but maybe someone here could help me with this
    Assign Per app vpn profile for the app via the enterprise connectivity profile policy
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...-connect-plus/
    ManoCooper likes this.
    09-12-18 09:26 AM
    Rodney got it right on this one!
    ManoCooper likes this.
    09-19-18 08:03 AM
    Works well for iOS, However not for Android, without using Samsung workspace.
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...051323687.html
    12-18-18 01:40 PM