Looking for some assistance.

Environment - Blackberry UEM 12.7
    Phones - Samsung J5's

I am building a phone with a "Work Only" Android For Work activation profile using the afw#blackberry google account, as such default phone apps such as messages, camera and Gallery are removed. Does anyone know if these can be re-enabled?

Our Android For Work connection is setup using the "Allow BlackBerry UEM to manage Android devices that have a work profile accounts (now known as managed Google Play accounts)" method.

Google suggests that "Enabling system apps using Google Play is easy" however I cannot find anywhere within UEM or our google admin console to achieve this.

If this is not possible could anyone recommend Play Store applications for the following;
    -Camera
    -Gallery
    -Messages(SMS)
    -Email & Calendar (We currently have Blackberry Hub installed however don't wish to subscribe or continue with adverts)

Cheers, Mark
    12-12-17 05:00 AM
    In your IT Policy enable Allowed system apps and add the package ID's you need to allow.
    MarkT-GB likes this.
    12-15-17 07:41 AM
    That's worked great, thanks for your assistance.

For anyone else looking to do the same I had to use System Info for Android application on an out of the box phone to see what the Package ID's were.
    12-15-17 10:13 AM
    I have UEM for work on my BlackBerry KeyOne. I haven't granted camera access and as a result, the app keeps flashing. it's running in the recent menu but tapping it just makes it flash again. Does anyone know how to continue denying camera access without the annoying app flash?

thanks
    09-29-18 06:38 PM
    I have UEM for work on my BlackBerry KeyOne. I haven't granted camera access and as a result, the app keeps flashing. it's running in the recent menu but tapping it just makes it flash again. Does anyone know how to continue denying camera access without the annoying app flash?

thanks
    Block the BB camera system app apk
    09-30-18 01:26 AM
    Block the BB camera system app apk
    Wouldn't that disable the camera entirely? There was no issue before the latest update and I had the camera permission blocked in UEM prior.
    09-30-18 08:56 AM
    Wouldn't that disable the camera entirely? There was no issue before the latest update and I had the camera permission blocked in UEM prior.
    Please clarify.

Are you trying to allow the Camera in workspace, or block the camera app in workspace?
    09-30-18 09:55 PM
    Prior to latest UEM update, I had the camera permission in UEM denied. I had no issues. Since the UEM update and with the camera permission still denied, the UEM application causes a brief white flash then minimizes itself. The UEM app is running when I tap the recent button. If I tap the UEM app to open, it once again flashes white and minimizes itself. If I grant permission to the camera for the UEM app, the behaviour stops.
    I will don't want UEM to have access to my camera.
    10-01-18 05:50 AM
    Prior to latest UEM update, I had the camera permission in UEM denied. I had no issues. Since the UEM update and with the camera permission still denied, the UEM application causes a brief white flash then minimizes itself. The UEM app is running when I tap the recent button. If I tap the UEM app to open, it once again flashes white and minimizes itself. If I grant permission to the camera for the UEM app, the behaviour stops.
    I will don't want UEM to have access to my camera.
    When you say UEM update, are you talking device UEM client, or the uem server.
    Also, what verify uem server?
    This is pertinent information for troubleshooting, and you should get in the habit of providing it up front.
    10-01-18 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry released an update to the BlackBerry UEM Client in Google Play Store. I installed the update to my KeyOne, which brought the UEM client to version 12.34.0.154893. I am running Android 8.1.0 ABG328. As previously mentioned, in the permissions section of the BlackBerry UEM Client app prior to this September 24th update, the camera permission was denied and all worked fine. Immediately following the September 24th BlackBerry UEM Client update to version 12.34.0.154893 I started experiencing a white flash caused by the BlackBerry UEM Client, and my screen returns to whatever I was in. when I tap the recent button, I see the BlackBerry UEM Client as one of the active apps. when I tap on the UEM Client it flashes a white screen again and minimizes itself. If I allow the camera permission in the BlackBerry UEM Client (through settings - applications) the flash ceases and BlackBerry UEM Client no longer flashes a white screen.
    10-01-18 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry released an update to the BlackBerry UEM Client in Google Play Store. I installed the update to my KeyOne, which brought the UEM client to version 12.34.0.154893. I am running Android 8.1.0 ABG328. As previously mentioned, in the permissions section of the BlackBerry UEM Client app prior to this September 24th update, the camera permission was denied and all worked fine. Immediately following the September 24th BlackBerry UEM Client update to version 12.34.0.154893 I started experiencing a white flash caused by the BlackBerry UEM Client, and my screen returns to whatever I was in. when I tap the recent button, I see the BlackBerry UEM Client as one of the active apps. when I tap on the UEM Client it flashes a white screen again and minimizes itself. If I allow the camera permission in the BlackBerry UEM Client (through settings - applications) the flash ceases and BlackBerry UEM Client no longer flashes a white screen.
    Oh so you do not have access to the company UEM server? Sorry to say, not sure anyone here can help you.
    Report your issue to your UEM admin, they'll likely need a device debug log if they are to file a bug with bb support.
    10-01-18 10:54 AM
    LOL well thanks for your excellent troubleshooting help. Not sure how clearer I could have been when I said I had UEM installed on my KeyOne but glad I could somehow satisfy your request to provide the pertinent information you needed.
    10-01-18 11:14 AM
    LOL well thanks for your excellent troubleshooting help. Not sure how clearer I could have been when I said I had UEM installed on my KeyOne but glad I could somehow satisfy your request to provide the pertinent information you needed.
    We know nothing about your uem server version, policies etc.

UEM refers both to server AND the end device agent. So no, you were not clear on what you meant by latest uem installed.

As a general rule, we usually do not help users bypass possible corporate management policies.

We are unpaid support and this forum is for UEM server questions. We do this for fun and to help others in a friendly manner. Sorry to hear you are frustrated. Your fee has been returned.

Someone else my be willing to attempt to duplicate your issue and submit a bug through their own BlackBerry maintenance contract, though as I stated, you'd likely have better luck requesting your own company IT / UEM support team look into it as this may be linked to a policy on the server which is information usually required for troubleshooting.
    CNX66 likes this.
    10-01-18 12:37 PM