For full list of what's new and what's fixed
    What's new in BlackBerry UEM version 12.7 MR2 - BlackBerry UEM - 12.7

Quick rundown is added support for app based PKI solutions, further AfW google account management and control, and a bunch of new AfW and Knox policies mainly around various trust agents for unlocking work profiles.
    mindedge likes this.
    12-08-17 11:52 PM
    I am trying to get a keyone activated on this version and it is unclear how this works. we do not have activesync exposed to the Internet, and we want the 'work' container and internal browser without separate vpn...you know...a blackberry experience...i am amazed at how little info exists on how to activate a keyone on the latest bes version. We had to do like 3 serial upgrades to get current, expecting there to be a "blackberry device activation" walk-through for the keyone in there. On YouTube every video is some unboxing nonsense. Anyone able to explain how to set a keyone up on the new bes so the experience and apps are as close to a normal BB = why we are doing all this!
    12-16-17 03:42 PM
    Connect the UEM with Android Enterprise (e.g. with a normal Google Account), use AppConfig in Hub+ Services to get the EAS pushed, create an app group with all BlackBerry Android apps, create a device group for OS=Android + vendor=BlackBerry, and add the app group with AppConfig of Hub+. Create an activation profile with Android Enterprise and EC with BSCP active. Just push the EC and activation profile.
    12-16-17 05:07 PM
    And if you want one Hub for private and enterprise you have to activate it in the Policies
    12-16-17 05:09 PM
    I am trying to get a keyone activated on this version and it is unclear how this works. we do not have activesync exposed to the Internet, and we want the 'work' container and internal browser without separate vpn...you know...a blackberry experience...i am amazed at how little info exists on how to activate a keyone on the latest bes version. We had to do like 3 serial upgrades to get current, expecting there to be a "blackberry device activation" walk-through for the keyone in there. On YouTube every video is some unboxing nonsense. Anyone able to explain how to set a keyone up on the new bes so the experience and apps are as close to a normal BB = why we are doing all this!
    Android for work work and personal - user privacy Premium

All the premium activation profiles are the BlackBerry VPN enabled solutions that provide the 'blackberry experience'
    12-16-17 07:55 PM
    This makes no sense. We have had a bes for 15 years and this is as confusing as when we tried BB fusion. We don't want touchdown. We want blackberry. We run mobileiron for all our android/ios stuff and I am expecting something straightforward on the bes with normal-style activation or this is all a waste of time. We are expecting a work browser, calendars that work, etc like blackberries are known for. The fact that I have to go to the Google playstore to download software to do what the phone is made to do is unreal. Is this a lot easier than it sounds? We have like 45,000 phones and this is a non-starter if it requires 3 bes upgrades and forum posts and user action to get it working. No pin activation? Wa-what?
    Not to mention what we had to go through with ATT just to get a single keyone.
    Try this, Google "how do I activate a keyone on the bes" , then correct that with whatever the bes is called now...get mad, go straight to BB support site and try same search...scratch head, read release notes for current version and search them for "keyone" scratch head some more...look uip in "android activation" section and look around, am I supposed to think it's OK that the Knox implementation is covered but the "native" BB devices are not? In fairness, the PRIV and dtek's are mentioned, but my impression was the keyone is the flagship replacing the passport? Can't we just get the playstore on the passport and call it a day if this is the nonsense we have to deal with? Been working on activating a single phone for a week as a test case, and it's really frustrating guys.
    12-16-17 08:39 PM
    The KEYone is an Android device like all the other Android devices. So you have to use Android Enterprise or Dynamics. Nothing else is possible with UEM.
    BlackBerry has implemented policies for their own Android device if activated with Android devices.
    And what are you crying? If you had done this once it's very easy.
    12-17-17 03:00 AM
    I am crying because the documentation does not provide the necessary information to successfully activate this. We have our other android devices on mobileiron, as I said before, so we have no reason to have these features configured on our bes. it took us months to get a single keyone from our primary carrier for testing. as I said, we have a very large environment and I would think someone would have published a walk-through. I am 'crying' because I am a Blackberry holdout and fan, and my entire team is pressuring me to turn the bes off and move everyone to mobileiron...and I would hope I could get some help here. I'm not posting this on Facebook after all.
    12-18-17 08:55 AM
    I am crying because the documentation does not provide the necessary information to successfully activate this. We have our other android devices on mobileiron, as I said before, so we have no reason to have these features configured on our bes. it took us months to get a single keyone from our primary carrier for testing. as I said, we have a very large environment and I would think someone would have published a walk-through. I am 'crying' because I am a Blackberry holdout and fan, and my entire team is pressuring me to turn the bes off and move everyone to mobileiron...and I would hope I could get some help here. I'm not posting this on Facebook after all.
    First, you really should have started a new thread for this.

All information is in the documentation.

the basic workflow is here, not every step required depending on your infrastructure
    Configuring BlackBerry UEM for the first time - BlackBerry UEM - 12.7

to get basically going

1> setup link to company directory to sync users
    2> setup smtp for notifications and invites.
    3> setup google cloud domain (probably the most complicated step, required for every MDM/UEM with Android for Work)
    4> approve your android apps and associate to users/devices/groups as necessary. Note that you can use appconfig to preconfigure some android apps and even mail account settings in hub or some others
    5> In default Enterprise Connectivity policy, enable BB SecureConnect Plus for the Blackberry vpn.
    6> setup your IT, email and activation policies as appropriate. Remember to use Android for work work and personal - user privacy Premium as activation policy if you want the BB experience.
    Also, don't use both a mail policy and an email appconfig setting. That'll just get messy, pick 1 or the other.

After this you can get more advanced with further policies, wifi profiles, etc. Since you're on MS Exchange, you'll likely want to setup Exchange Gatekeeping as well to auto approve device activesync access to your exchange system.

and ignore any reference to TouchDown, why are people asking about this recently? is it in the current docs somewhere still for some odd reason and I can't find it??? It's a dead product, think was just the first 'enterprise' android mail app from years and years ago. It's dead.

... also, for activation, with UEM 12.7 you simply have user install the BlackBerry UEM client on device, and then they open the client from phone, and scan the barcode in the invite email. They don't even have to type an activation code anymore or enter their email address, it's all automated via the barcode.
    12-19-17 12:24 AM
    great post. we will try this in the AM and I will let you know how it goes.
    I started a separate thread for att signal strength issues on keyone. I ordered a replacement test phone and it arrived today, which since we ordered it yesterday this is insane. nothing comes that fast. I will let you know how that shakes out as well.
    we're going to get some Samsung units on as well as folks are keen to use Knox instead of the mail client that comes with mobileiron.
    12-20-17 11:50 PM
    Anyone have any issues with 12.7.2 after applying the update? Want to be sure before I apply this there's no issues like what happened after 12.7.1
    01-09-18 07:45 PM
    Anyone have any issues with 12.7.2 after applying the update? Want to be sure before I apply this there's no issues like what happened after 12.7.1
    It's been fine, nothing major has reared its ugly head and bitten that didn't exist previously.
    01-10-18 12:41 AM
    I keep getting UI issue when looking up user/device detail even after upgrading to 12.7.2 per support. My DB is SQL 2016 AAG.
    01-10-18 09:00 AM
    We have the keyone test units activated with one activation method that looks just like mobileiron or good, and nothing like a traditional bb10 experience. It uses multiple apps buried within a container and the calendar and mail features we have come to expect are not there. Meaning, the mail client is not the one we expect, it looks like a Gmail client and is very unwieldy and low-density. Is there a way to activate a keyone so it works like a bb10 device? Features desired:
    1) when someone calls the phone that is in the contact list on the work container, show who is calling. On our bb10 implementation contacts was available in the personal space so this worked.
    2) the calendar and mail and contacts should be accessible via a homescreen icon and provide individual notifications.
    3) notifications should be manageable in the settings for the phone and include calendar/mail notifications and not buried along with random app notifications. Multiple instances of a pintrest or Twitter notification being indistinguishable from a calendar alert.
    4) work-side browser automatically auths you to websites based on mail profile. Not desireable., or at least needs to be able to be controlled by the user so they can Auth to different sites that use different creds without locking them out of the wrong creds a cross the board as it is trying the wrong one.
    5) mail/calendar doesn't have the BB patented features. Sort by sender/mark prior read isn't there, nor is the ability to click above a row of search results and mark them all read/unread or delete them. These are awesome features, where did they go?

Loving the phone except for the 2 bars on att everywhere except for within line-of-sight of a tower. Horrible reception.

(Update...i just read how to merge the hub for enterprise and personal via policy and going to go try that now!)
    01-10-18 11:08 AM
    Just spoke with support on a case and he advised 12.8 should be released in early February with lots of changes in UI.
    01-10-18 12:57 PM
    We have the keyone test units activated with one activation method that looks just like mobileiron or good, and nothing like a traditional bb10 experience. It uses multiple apps buried within a container and the calendar and mail features we have come to expect are not there. Meaning, the mail client is not the one we expect, it looks like a Gmail client and is very unwieldy and low-density. Is there a way to activate a keyone so it works like a bb10 device? Features desired:
    1) when someone calls the phone that is in the contact list on the work container, show who is calling. On our bb10 implementation contacts was available in the personal space so this worked.
    2) the calendar and mail and contacts should be accessible via a homescreen icon and provide individual notifications.
    3) notifications should be manageable in the settings for the phone and include calendar/mail notifications and not buried along with random app notifications. Multiple instances of a pintrest or Twitter notification being indistinguishable from a calendar alert.
    4) work-side browser automatically auths you to websites based on mail profile. Not desireable., or at least needs to be able to be controlled by the user so they can Auth to different sites that use different creds without locking them out of the wrong creds a cross the board as it is trying the wrong one.
    5) mail/calendar doesn't have the BB patented features. Sort by sender/mark prior read isn't there, nor is the ability to click above a row of search results and mark them all read/unread or delete them. These are awesome features, where did they go?

Loving the phone except for the 2 bars on att everywhere except for within line-of-sight of a tower. Horrible reception.

(Update...i just read how to merge the hub for enterprise and personal via policy and going to go try that now!)
    Create a new thread please
    01-10-18 09:44 PM
    Hi , anybody have issues with Easy activation? because we used UEM client as a primary app to activate all the secondary apps like BB work, BB access (ist Authentication Delegation . But now its asking for "Blackberry dynamics access key".Easy activation is not possible. what could be the possible errors.
    01-11-18 05:45 AM
    Interesting. I have yet to come across the issue you are experiencing.
    01-11-18 01:56 PM
    @tchenggeller : after the update , Easy activation is again functioning. you can activate all BB apps using Easy activation. but now when I try to install "BB docs to go" app then comes again a duplicate device in the server. this is the new problem after the updation
    01-12-18 08:30 AM
    Is there a free version for home use?
    01-17-19 06:57 AM
    Is there a free version for home use?
    No there is not. But you can buy a small number of licenses for the cloud version.
    01-30-19 08:21 PM