Over the past few months our devices (Samsung J5 2017 running Android 7.0) have received the Android 8.1 update, after completing the upgrade around 10-20% of our users have experienced their Blackberry Connectivity app permanently showing "Not Connected" and the only way we have been able to resolve this is to completely wipe the device and rebuild.

I have logged this with BB support however they state this is a Samsung Firmware/Google issue rather than themselves and have linked me to KB; https://support.blackberry.com/commu.../article/49618

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone has found a workaround to avoid rebuilding the devices?

I have attempted to;
    - remove Blackberry Connectivity from device and re-add
    - remove enterprise connectivity pro file and re-add

The phones are activated with a Work Only (Premium) policy.
    01-03-19 03:44 AM
    Can you check a device that gets affected by this issue. Open up the uem client, go to the profile screen and see if you have an error on any of the profiles. If so try this work around. On the home screen of uem client they'll be a refresh button. This button will remove all of the certificates profiles and re-pull them from the server.

Let me know if this works for you. Also feel free to pm me your case number so I can look at your logs.
    01-04-19 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried the above and there are no errors listed, I completed the refesh anyway but the VPN still isn't connecting.

PM sent.
    01-07-19 05:49 AM