HI again,

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but my search abilities are limited (I couldn't find any threads that discussed this). I am also kinda new to the forums, in terms of actually participating and posting.

I have 2 questions.

First of all, will current Tour owners get OS 5.0 when it comes out? Or is it only reserved for newer phones coming out later?

Secondly, on my old Pearl, my homescreen image displayed throughout the homescreen menu - meaning if I pressed the menu key, and scrolled down through my apps, my image was always there in the background.

On the Tour, my Homescreen image only appears at the starting home screen, the one with 6 icons present on the bottom. When I press the menu key, it reverts to a horrible blue gradient background behind all my app icons. Is there any way to get my image to always show? Or is this currently limited?

Thanks so much for any help you can give a confused BlackBerry owner.
    08-04-09 01:13 PM
    The Tour is capable of handling the 5.0 OS but as to when... well who knows when we will get it.

The background on the app screen is theme controlled. Once we get new themes this should change with them.
    08-04-09 01:18 PM
    OS 5.0 will come out for Tour owners but it will be a while. The phones just released. You guys should be happy your at least on OS 4.7 while we're still at 4.6

hopefully an official 5.0 release for the Bold, Curve 8900 and tour comes soon.
    08-04-09 11:44 PM
    Thanks both for the answers! I don't need OS 5, I just want to know that if improvements are made, we aren't left out. Thanks again!
    08-06-09 10:35 PM
    A TELUS data rep told me that they had been to a seminar stating OS 5.0 is coming sometime in Sept and will have versions for almost every recent BB device, except 81XX (or 8130 at least).
    But versions for 83XX and 88XX will out along with versions for the newer-generation devices, i.e. Tour, Bold, 8900, Storm, 82XX.

As for your homescreen question, it is them-based. The "OEM" Precision Zen theme is set this way: Background image on your Home Screen, Blue background for Icon Screen.

This won't be fixed until new themes are available after a Plazmic release.

PS Both of these topics are abundantly discussed, especially the OS question...
    08-07-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD