I was debating placing this post in the themes forum, but this is more of a file/folder structure type question.

A little background first to help explain the question - On a theme by theme basis, I create a folder called Junk and place all the items that I don't use into that folder. I then hide that folder. In my opinion, it helps to keep things organized in one spot so that I have one place to look if I need to access something that I hide.

So if I create this folder called Junk for each theme (because you have to reorganize everything once use a new theme), where does that folder go? If I install a new theme, that folder does not exist and I have to go through the same process each time. If I have, let's say, five themes on my bb - I will have five Junk folders, one for each theme.

Does my question/explanation make sense? This is more out of curiosity than anything and didn't know if it has been explained before (I did search for this topic).
    09-24-09 06:51 AM
    not understanding what you are saying when you state "where does this folder go". you are creating the folder on the home screen, correct?
    09-24-09 06:57 AM
    not understanding what you are saying when you state "where does this folder go". you are creating the folder on the home screen, correct?
    Sorry, what I meant was that since I have to create a Junk folder for each theme, then where does that folder go after I switch to a newly installed theme? If I install a new theme, that folder does not exist. So for X number of themes I have, I will have X number of Junk folders. I would think that the folder would exist from the very first time I create it, regardless of what theme I use. But since it doesn't exist when I install a new theme, then I have to create that Junk folder every time for each newly installed theme.

Does that help?
    09-24-09 07:15 AM
    gotcha, you are asking where the folder is going because you are having to create a folder everytime you add a theme. you should be able to add this new theme to the already established folder. just like in windows, once you create a folder, you shold be able to add whatever you want to this folder.

i have to think about this for a minute. i does not make sense that you are having this issue. you are right to assume that the folder should be there.

question: are you creating this folder on the home screen or on your media card?
    09-24-09 07:26 AM
    your themes, once installed to your device are located under options ---> advanced options ---> aplications. Are they at least listed here?
    09-24-09 07:28 AM
    gotcha, you are asking where the folder is going because you are having to create a folder everytime you add a theme. you should be able to add this new theme to the already established folder. just like in windows, once you create a folder, you shold be able to add whatever you want to this folder.

i have to think about this for a minute. i does not make sense that you are having this issue. you are right to assume that the folder should be there.

question: are you creating this folder on the home screen or on your media card?
    I am creating this folder on the homescreen. So once I install a new theme, all the icons are spread out all over the place. I only have the four typical folders - Applications, setup, downloads and games.
    09-24-09 07:34 AM
    your themes, once installed to your device are located under options ---> advanced options ---> aplications. Are they at least listed here?
    Oh yeah, no problem there. Each theme is listed, as you described above.
    09-24-09 07:35 AM
    I think there are probably SYSTEM settings that are not available to the user where "indexes" or what not are stored. So Theme A has someplace where its various settings (icon locations, Junk or Games folder) are maintained. Install Theme B and it has a similar index for its settings. Move stuff around, create a new folder and it updates that "index" with your new settings (folder names and contents). Go back to Theme A and it reads its settings and order is restored.

Just my way of figuring out how this theme stuff is handled.

I don't think the COD files change in size depending on how many folders are created. So there must be a place for such settings/data.
    09-24-09 08:44 AM
    I think there are probably SYSTEM settings that are not available to the user where "indexes" or what not are stored. So Theme A has someplace where its various settings (icon locations, Junk or Games folder) are maintained. Install Theme B and it has a similar index for its settings. Move stuff around, create a new folder and it updates that "index" with your new settings (folder names and contents). Go back to Theme A and it reads its settings and order is restored.

Just my way of figuring out how this theme stuff is handled.

I don't think the COD files change in size depending on how many folders are created. So there must be a place for such settings/data.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well with the indeces based on a per theme basis. I'm surprised though that creating a folder would not carry over to each theme (like the downloads, applications, etc folders). I'd think that creating a folder would be a system-type setting and not theme-based. Oh well, I'll just keep creating that same Junk folder when I get new themes

Thanks for the responses
    09-24-09 11:30 AM
    One of the only things that keeps me from getting a new theme, is that I am simply too lazy to reorganize my home screen.
    09-24-09 12:11 PM
    One of the only things that keeps me from getting a new theme, is that I am simply too lazy to reorganize my home screen.
    LOL! Nice I think I'm getting there Saiyaman
    09-24-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD