I'm getting an error when opening the browers .... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException

Thank you.
    05-04-10 08:08 AM
    I got the same error...I ended up deleting the theme I downloaded when I saw the message pop-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 01:42 PM
    I got the same error...I ended up deleting the theme I downloaded when I saw the message pop-up.

A friend told me that:
    ??Those are error msgs from operating system

05-04-10 01:50 PM
    I'm getting the same error often. It did start when I upgraded my OS. I really don't want to downgrade, but I have no idea what will help. I'm nissing a lot of fantastic themes because of this error. I did the 5.0 upgrade and also have done the newer leaked one but, I am still getting the error one some themes. Hope somebody can figure out how to fix this

05-04-10 05:06 PM
    I started getting this error on one specific theme, so I switched and haven't gotten it since. Try that, it may fix your issue. If I start getting it on this new theme I'm running I'll post again.

05-05-10 09:18 PM
    Its more of an OS issue. When users upgrade to OS 5.0 the browser settings may get issues. Its a common problem posted all over the threads in the other sections. People fix this by uploading there saved settings that they backedup from before the install. This may help.. It has nothing to do with themes because themes dont change anything regarding your browser functionality. It may seem it, but its not..
    05-05-10 10:57 PM
    I get the error on some themes and not others. It don't matter if the theme is free or I buy it. I say 2 out of 5 themes I get the error and of course it's the theme(s) I really want>
    05-06-10 07:49 AM
    Its more of an OS issue. When users upgrade to OS 5.0 the browser settings may get issues. Its a common problem posted all over the threads in the other sections. People fix this by uploading there saved settings that they backedup from before the install. This may help.. It has nothing to do with themes because themes dont change anything regarding your browser functionality. It may seem it, but its not..
    Not sure I agree. The native BB browser has the Uncaught Exception error with certain themes only. These themes seem to be the ones that are more advanced....with sliding transition screens and graded highlight bars (such as Natemz's FREE theme BlackberryPro v5 and AG Design's Premium theme Reflect7 Carbon) while more basic themes (such as Redzapper's 3G Tour theme) work fine with the native browser. This is true whether I run
    OS 5.0.0.591 or my current 5.0.0.643. I have found that Bing, Opera and Bolt work fine with any browser.
    05-06-10 09:23 AM
    do a wipe out, back up all your important files. That's i did and i never seen that error again.:d
    05-07-10 10:41 AM
    I had to reload my OS on my phone. After that the theme I was having issues with worked perfectly.
    05-07-10 10:47 AM
    Yep!!!! I just had the same error last night!!!! Had to back up everyhting, completley wipe my device and reload the OS
    05-21-10 01:23 AM
    Yah dude, I just put the os install exe file and put it on my flash drive and took it to my sisters laptop running XP. Its worked with no problems. My mac running windows 7 64 bit didn't do the job for sh*t

05-21-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD