Are these various themes OS specific? I'm using hubbard's L-theme and I really like it. I'm still on OS 4.7 Verizon Original. If I upgrade to a 5.0 OS version, will I lose use of that theme?

I see mention of transition themes, and themes created/compiled with new version of the software, again, are these themes OS specific?

Thanks in advance.
    11-21-09 02:47 PM
    I'm not 100% positive but I believe that if you upgrade to 5.0 then you will lose your other themes because they will not be compatiable anymore.

I'm assuming this because I've seen alot of theme developers offering 4.7 and 5.0 OTA downloads for the themes.

Hope this helped! Maybe someone with 5.0 can offer more insight..
    11-21-09 03:34 PM
    I have 5.0 and I've used both 5.0 and 4.7 themes with no problems. I didn't have any themes installed when I upgraded to 5.0 though, so I don't know if that would cause any problems or not? Even if it did, you could just redownload the themes - they should work!
    11-22-09 02:26 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I'm still thinking about upgrading ...........
    11-22-09 09:06 AM
    I made a few themes for my phone when I had 4.7. I also purchased some. Then I upgraded to 5.0 and the purchased ones work fine and only one that I built works a bit buggy. I believe they are compatible because of this but I am no expert. I am on a Verizon Tour.
    11-22-09 11:20 AM
    I am thinking like the others. 4.7 themes will work on 5.0 but 5.0 themes will not work on 4.7 I think the transitions and what not are no go on 4.7

I run the Hybrid from BBHybrid.net AWESOME!!!! I went from 4.7 to 5.0 straight....back to 4.7 then realized what I was actually missing from 5.0, since then been on three hybrid updates. All were fantastic!!!

Do it, you will love it. Take the time and effort and back up your apps. Plenty of info on here to do so. I like BBSAK very well too.
    11-22-09 05:18 PM
    Hey, DrBoost:

Two questions ....

Since I have not gotten an answer on some other threads. When installing the HYBRID, do you first install the Beta .230 and then run the hybrid to overwrite various cod modules or do you just run/install the hybrid to the computer. I've not been in any rush since I don't do texting/sms and don't worry about threading or whatever. I had a reasonable reboot time until last week when it suddenly went from 4 minutes to 10 minutes - still can't narrow that down.

And since I'm still on 4.7..... Can you explain these transitions I've read about - obviously some kind of graphic effect as you change screens or move the cursor or.....

thanks.
    11-22-09 06:44 PM
    You will need to install the leaked OS 5.0.0.230, at which point you will install the hybrid version over the top.

Transition, basically switched from home screen to app screen with a animated type of transition. One them will appear to pop from the middle out when switching screens, then going back it will start from the out and fade in.

If you have used any movie editing software you will have seen or messed with scene transitions. Same thing really.
    11-22-09 07:40 PM
    I have the Blackberry Tour, and I'm able to download themes and what not. However once the theme is downloadedm, it changes the whole phone, except when I receive or make a call it doesn't change the call screen. Can anyone give me some insight on this?
    12-08-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD