Bplay.com has several Blackberry 9630 Today themes listed for $7.99. I downloaded one today to my Sprint 9630 Tour and found that it didnt work. The theme will not show up in your theme menu. After following all the advice (hard reboot etc.) it still will not show up. I found information under their help menu that you must have an original factory today theme installed for it to work?! That makes no F$%#@! sense since the phone did not come with one! DONT DOWNLOAD FROM BPLAY! They wont refund your money.

Anyone have anymore input on this??
    Wow... Thats not cool. I guess I won't be purchasing a theme for the BB Tour anytime soon.

**I have now eaten my words and purchased a theme** <<<<---Theme Junkie
    Last edited by hagosrush; 08-07-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: changes
    08-07-09 11:26 AM
    i just bought the iberry oink theme, it works very well just rememner to reset your blackberry right after the download to be able to view the theme. The font isnt to small and although pink isnt my favorite color, the theme has already grew on me.
    08-07-09 11:28 AM
    I hate how the default (sprint) theme has two icons for msgs, one for sms/mms and another for calls/emails. The iBerry theme uses one icon for all msgs, which is easier for me and free's up a spot on the home screen for another icon.
    This should be available regardless of theme on the default sprint theme just do the following:

1) In the Messages application, bring up the menu and select Options.
    2) Select General Options.
    3) In the SMS and Email Inboxes field, change the option to Combined and select Save.
    08-07-09 12:20 PM
    Bplay.com has several Blackberry 9630 Today themes listed for $7.99. I downloaded one today to my Sprint 9630 Tour and found that it didnt work. The theme will not show up in your theme menu. After following all the advice (hard reboot etc.) it still will not show up. I found information under their help menu that you must have an original factory today theme installed for it to work?! That makes no F$%#@! sense since the phone did not come with one! DONT DOWNLOAD FROM BPLAY! They wont refund your money.

Anyone have anymore input on this??
    ya I had the same problem, 2 downloads and multiple reboots. no theme added to Sprint Theme. I emailed them @bplay and the auto response i get is 5-7 Business days response???

So im looking on here and glad (but not) that others are having the same issue.

Hope someone comes across a fix...
    08-07-09 12:30 PM
    So i bought a theme - my favorite from the 8330 (FlowBerry) for $4.6something. Here are some pics. (Yeah..I broke down for WAAAY less that $8.

One JIGUNDOUS problem? Well I'll be damned if the words aren't white on guess what... A white background. I am only guessing you can see the issue that I have here. Flippin monkeys at bplay man. Playing on my emotions as a Theme Junkie...Im addicted I tell ya...ADDICTED! Great theme otherwise.
    Last edited by hagosrush; 08-07-09 at 02:19 PM. Reason: now they are pics instead of links
    08-07-09 12:30 PM
    I bought the Tranquil Garden theme. I really like it. The font is not to small and it will def hold me over until more themes come out. I am a theme junkie so I can't wait for the themes to be cranked out!! Lol.
    08-07-09 12:53 PM
    if u dnt have an iphone why would u want that theme its horrible and made for touch purposes
    08-07-09 01:50 PM
    Because it's a today theme and some of us are desperate for one.
    08-07-09 01:54 PM
    I'm patiently waiting for the themes!! I can't wait!
    08-07-09 04:56 PM
    I just bought four of bplays themes and none of them are visible in my themes!!!! I did a hard reset and everything! Can someone help me figure out why other Tour owners are able to use them but they arent working on my Tour!!!!!!!!!
    08-07-09 07:15 PM
    I just bought four of bplays themes and none of them are visible in my themes!!!! I did a hard reset and everything! Can someone help me figure out why other Tour owners are able to use them but they arent working on my Tour!!!!!!!!!
    I got the deep blue 2.0 and it works great on my tour! I did a quickpull after I downloaded the theme and alls well! It was one of my favs on my curve so put it on my tour. But they should work on yours so might have been a download issue......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:40 PM
    I downloaded the beaches of the world theme. It works well. I am really enjoyed it so far.
    08-07-09 10:14 PM
    if they got themes anyone know where we can build them.. id so love to get my hands on it
    08-08-09 12:48 AM
    im in the same boat as u...:-(
    08-08-09 02:11 AM
    I'm not cheap at all but I'd hate to buy a theme that I wasn't 100% sure of. Especially since they could be using a beta version.
    those do suck.

Wait till plazmic is release/leaked. Then you will see some nice themes - for free.
    I know that the device simulators are out for the Tour from BlackBerry.com ; but as you say, we're waiting on a release of the updated Plazmic CDK. I wonder if Bplay got their themes to work on the device simulator and are selling it due to that OR like you said, they got a leaked version of the Plazmic CDK. It could also not be a leaked version, but maybe they have a hookup at Plazmic and they have an official release where that release will be given to the world next week?

I'd be weary of buying though. And I'm not too fond of Bplay's themes anyways. It seems like they're all the same.

Bplay sucks nards! I can't wait until elecite.com starts cranking out the Tour themes.

If your not familiar with their work, check em' out: Elecite - Premium BlackBerry Themes
    K, just trying to understand a bit more around the cotroversy. I get it that no one really cares for the Bplay's theme as I am a fan of elecite and would prefer to wait until they release something of value. However, I was wondering is there really a difference with creating a theme with a beta version. I can understand if Bplay were able to find a work around (doubtful) but was wondering if anyone cared to elaborate on the central issue here or point me in the direction to find this answer.
    08-08-09 03:30 AM
    since i was sooo deperate to have a today plus theme, i decided to purchase this theme in addition to the tranquil garden and deep blue themes. I am happy to reprot that all themes work on my phone. The iPhone today plus theme does have small font but its not horrible. It will do until some more themes surface and I do get my short term fix with the today plus theme.
    08-08-09 06:06 AM
    I got iberry 2.0 Today Plus and regret it.
    Fonts are way too small.
    Don't care for how the icon row at bottom of home screen disappears when scrolling up to messages or calendar and the you have to scroll down to get it to reappear (or is that just on my phone?).

Definitely waiting for better themes to come along. Had a couple themes on my Curve I loved and hopefully those will be Tour compatible soon.
    08-08-09 11:22 AM
    K, just trying to understand a bit more around the cotroversy. I get it that no one really cares for the Bplay's theme as I am a fan of elecite and would prefer to wait until they release something of value. However, I was wondering is there really a difference with creating a theme with a beta version. I can understand if Bplay were able to find a work around (doubtful) but was wondering if anyone cared to elaborate on the central issue here or point me in the direction to find this answer.
    Because beta software is not a finished product. Therefore...some bugs are most likely going to surface...therefore the themes made with this software are also most likely going to have bugs (like small unchangeable fonts and laggy UI). I only bought a bplay theme because I thought they were using a temporary trial of the official build of Plazmic 4.7.1.

Bplay SHOULD NOT be charging money for themes built with this beta software. They should be giving them out for testing purposes. Thats just bad business...
    08-08-09 11:32 AM
    I downloaded and installed Today plus, it is a faulty theme, worked fine, until you rearange the icons, then I loose navigation abilities.

I have send a complaint asking for a Credit applied to my account so that when they make a finalized version of the software can download it free of charge.

I am willing to pay for Beta, so long as when the product comes out of Beta I will get a free upgrade
    08-08-09 12:30 PM
    Do they show up in your application list? If not your problem is when your downloading. If they show up in the list there is a problem with the theme.
    08-08-09 02:21 PM
    Different Wall paper Tom and Jerry (best carton ever) lol
    Any chance we could beg for the wallpaper? That rocks. Thanks!
    08-09-09 03:00 AM
    I downloaded and installed Today plus, it is a faulty theme, worked fine, until you rearange the icons, then I loose navigation abilities.

I have send a complaint asking for a Credit applied to my account so that when they make a finalized version of the software can download it free of charge.

I am willing to pay for Beta, so long as when the product comes out of Beta I will get a free upgrade
    I disliked the theme so much I didn't even try rearranging icons, I just went back to VZW default theme. If moving icons around won't let me navigate either, I'll send a note as well.
    08-09-09 04:27 AM
    I never really cared for Bplay's themes. The font and banners they use always killed it for me...
    Agreed, but do believe the VZW 'checkmark' logo is even worse.
    08-09-09 04:41 AM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD