I have no problems with my signal strength on my Sprint Tour. I live inna college area and it is cell phone towers all over the place. My signal is usually no lower than -98 dbm...1XEV in all caps. I'm good.
    07-29-09 05:44 PM
    you can always do ALT+ NMLL and pull up the power rating on your home screen, instead of going to status. just fyi
    Wow! Any way to make that a little bigger?
    07-30-09 11:10 AM
    Not with this theme unfortunately. Be happy the letters aren't black like in the stock sprint theme on the 8330... now that's hard to see
    07-30-09 11:13 AM
    Not with this theme unfortunately. Be happy the letters aren't black like in the stock sprint theme on the 8330... now that's hard to see
    yeah...pretty terrible lol
    07-30-09 11:14 AM
    I traded my Tour in today for a new one. Trackball and battery door issues are gone. Unfortunately, there is still a problem with signal strength. Sprint is sending me an Airave for free.
    07-31-09 09:36 PM
    I traded my Tour in today for a new one. Trackball and battery door issues are gone. Unfortunately, there is still a problem with signal strength. Sprint is sending me an Airave for free.
    i got airave and in my bedroom i get -110 which is not good. you have to be kinda close to the airave to get good sig....if i am like 40-50 ft away, sig gets weak. it says it covers 5000 sq. ft. but it does not, no way...
    07-31-09 09:50 PM
    i got airave and in my bedroom i get -110 which is not good. you have to be kinda close to the airave to get good sig....if i am like 40-50 ft away, sig gets weak. it says it covers 5000 sq. ft. but it does not, no way...
    That sucks...Sprint talks about the Airave like it is an absolute fix.

Too bad the Tour has this problem because otherwise it's a great phone. We have two Treos in the house that have no signal problems at all with Sprint.
    07-31-09 09:56 PM
    That sucks...Sprint talks about the Airave like it is an absolute fix.

Too bad the Tour has this problem because otherwise it's a great phone. We have two Treos in the house that have no signal problems at all with Sprint.
    y, i know...if im within 10-15 ft., its fine...my bedroom is about 50 ft from airave and doesn't work very well. Tour has its signal problems. the thing is i wish they could fix this with device OS but the Sprint store manager said its hardware issue and it can't be fixed.
    07-31-09 09:59 PM
    y, i know...if im within 10-15 ft., its fine...my bedroom is about 50 ft from airave and doesn't work very well. Tour has its signal problems. the thing is i wish they could fix this with device OS but the Sprint store manager said its hardware issue and it can't be fixed.
    I am not sure that a Sprint store manager knows what the problem is but it HAS to work as a phone or it goes back.
    07-31-09 10:06 PM
    after trying 2 different tours over 2 weeks, I gave up and went back to my curve. thinking about getting a verizon tour since I dont see any complaints in their forums.
    07-31-09 10:10 PM
    after trying 2 different tours over 2 weeks, I gave up and went back to my curve. thinking about getting a verizon tour since I dont see any complaints in their forums.
    A friend has a Tour with Verizon and he has the same signal problems as I do. I don't think it is the carrier.
    07-31-09 10:21 PM
    I agree with it being a software issue... I'm just waiting on the official upgrade for Sprint to see whats up
    07-31-09 11:45 PM
    I agree with it being a software issue... I'm just waiting on the official upgrade for Sprint to see whats up
    How do you figure the signal strength is a software issue? Im not questioning you just wondering because I was told that was hardware antenna issue which seem to make sense to me. Im just trying to figure out how people think that its software issue?
    08-01-09 11:41 AM
    its the carriers signal problem . i was told that since im in sort of a valley i cant get a 100 pecent signal when there is a tower less than half a mile from me...and me other fone the instinct had the same signal strength.
    08-09-09 08:31 PM
    Not a fanboy but my tour is better than my storm and lgenv were. Just putting up facts to help ppl conclude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:55 PM
    Just Got Back From Five Days In Orlando Fla Where I Had No More Then Two Bars And Most Of The Time Had Half Bar To Zero Called And They Were No Help . When I Had My Curve And Storms Never Had A Signal Problem Like This .very Sad For Verizon
    08-09-09 09:49 PM
    -95 is NOT a bad signal level! Its only 15 off from the strongest signal the phone will show you it has! I've made calls just fine at -110 before!

Umm...calls and your data connection are different. My signal reception is much worse on my Tour than it was on my 8330 in all of the places that I go. It is not a carrier issue. It is the phone.
    08-09-09 10:01 PM
    I'm having the same experience with reception on the Tour. I have another verizon phone and don't have a reception problem. I had the Voyager for two years and had no reception problem at home. Now with Tour I do. I've changed the phone once in two weeks and still have the problem. Also had problems with the media card and lost all pictures when they gave me a new Tour. Couldn't open the pictures on the new Tour.
    08-15-09 08:09 AM
    Trying to decide whether to keep the Tour or reactivate my Voyager until the contract expires in November. The browser isn't as good but I didn't have any problems with the phone.
    08-15-09 08:11 AM
    Umm...calls and your data connection are different. My signal reception is much worse on my Tour than it was on my 8330 in all of the places that I go. It is not a carrier issue. It is the phone.
    I think I agree with you, it must be the phone. I have Verizon service and don't have a problem with another phone I have. Most of my problems happen at home when the signal bars all go grey. No sure whether to keep the Tour or reactivate my Voyager until contract expires in November. I'm still is the 30 day period to return the Tour.
    08-15-09 08:14 AM
    I think I agree with you, it must be the phone. I have Verizon service and don't have a problem with another phone I have. Most of my problems happen at home when the signal bars all go grey. No sure whether to keep the Tour or reactivate my Voyager until contract expires in November. I'm still is the 30 day period to return the Tour.
    Wait it out. It could always be a software problem. More than likely a hardware problem, but it COULD be software. Plus, LG doesn't even compare.
    08-15-09 05:59 PM
    I am in need of assistance. I have had my tour for two weeks and I really am liking parts of it, but I am afraid it will have to go back due to really bad reception and according to Verizon a dropped call rate of 39%. I recently went on vacation to the coast of S.C. I literally had no service most of the time. When I wanted to make a call I had to borrow my husbands 4yr old moto 325i.It always had a strong signal. I really wish I had taken my curve with me to see how it compared to the tour but I didnt know I would have these issues. I have the loose battery door which was an easy fix with a small piece of foam like you use to mount pictures with. While I am not crazy about having to "fix" a new phone I realize ALL phones have some issues. I had the storm and the buttons on the front fell off of it within the first 30 days. I would like to know if there are some settings I can change that might help reception and also does anyone think a diffrent tour would make a difference. I hate hate hate going to the verizon store as the last time I had to go I was in there for over 3 hours.Any help would be appreciated.
    08-15-09 08:56 PM
    Ok...why is this thread in the themes section?
    08-15-09 09:00 PM
    I have tour on Verizon and it has terrible reception. One of the worst phones I have owned as far as reception is concerned. It was totally unusable all last week while on vacation in a totally flat coastal area. But my husbands old 325i (which he wouldnt trade for a truck load of BB) had perfect signal.
    08-15-09 09:10 PM
    i am using att on the tour and it has reception issues as well. i think its a problem with the software
    08-15-09 10:20 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD