I have gotten 2 person so far telling me this is laggy, I will see what I can do when I get home from my dayjob tonight, maybe the Tour isnt as quick as the Bold or 8900s.

Kobayashi - Yes this is the ONLY Blackberry I dont own.. and I am pretty sure most of the devs here dont own this one as we were bombarded by RIM with like 6 Phones releases in 2 quarters. I make themes not $50 software, but I still try to own and use as many Blackberry phones as evidenced on my youtube videos (STORM, BOLD, 8900, 8320, 8700, 8100) as I can already (pretty much more than MOST of the theme Devs on here) .... please quit trying to make me look bad.. I dont know who you are but your 2 posts on this thread so far has been you claiming how ****ty my themes are without merit or how other claims how buggy my themes are .. give it a rest - why didnt you point out how many people praise my work instead and how alot of my work was featured all over the Blackberry Commnuity ??? I mean if you dont like my themes, just move on but if you are a competitor.. dont bash me.
    Last edited by JC_Designs-Gadgetbean.com; 08-13-09 at 09:09 AM.
    08-13-09 09:00 AM
    Kobayashi - Yes this is the ONLY Blackberry I dont own.
    Maybe you could just borrow one from a friend if you can't afford to purchase. Nice looking themes if they worked as advertised on the Tour.
    08-13-09 01:44 PM
    I have gotten 2 person so far telling me this is laggy, I will see what I can do when I get home from my dayjob tonight, maybe the Tour isnt as quick as the Bold or 8900s.

Kobayashi - Yes this is the ONLY Blackberry I dont own.. and I am pretty sure most of the devs here dont own this one as we were bombarded by RIM with like 6 Phones releases in 2 quarters. I make themes not $50 software, but I still try to own and use as many Blackberry phones as evidenced on my youtube videos (STORM, BOLD, 8900, 8320, 8700, 8100) as I can already (pretty much more than MOST of the theme Devs on here) .... please quit trying to make me look bad.. I dont know who you are but your 2 posts on this thread so far has been you claiming how ****ty my themes are without merit or how other claims how buggy my themes are .. give it a rest - why didnt you point out how many people praise my work instead and how alot of my work was featured all over the Blackberry Commnuity ??? I mean if you dont like my themes, just move on but if you are a competitor.. dont bash me.
    I Totally agree with you, it annoys the **** out of me when people come to someones thread and say this is a **** theme and your charging for it. Ive tried it, and its not easy to make a theme, it takes a lot of time and it is very frustrating. if people work this hard on very nice themes then why not charge for it.
    rant over.
    anyways yea its not that the tour isint as fast because its faster than the strorm and 8900 for sure, im guessing it has something to do with plazmic and manybe the svg's. Ive seen this theme in action and it is smokin fast, so im guessing something went wrong with the svg when you ported it over. for me all parts of the theme are lightning fast except the homescreen. scrolling from icon to icon is very slow and moving from the bottom dock to the side dock is even slower. Hey and if you work on it tonight or whenever and you think you need to test it out on a tour, you can always hit me up, ill be glad to help you out. Im a beta tester for R&R theme designs, so i would be glad to do whatever i can to help you with your themes.
    Great themes, they just need a little tweak, as always keep up the good work!
    08-13-09 01:49 PM
    I put this theme on my Tour last night and, while there is a bit of lag when bouncing through the docks, it's the best Today+ for my needs and I love it.

I'm one of those people who loves the small fonts & icons that the current high-resolution screens allow, so my only wish for this theme is smoother transitions. I hope if you decide to increase the left icons, John, that you leave the original sizes available as an option for some.

Keep up the great work!
    08-13-09 02:17 PM
    This guy puts zero effort into fixing problematic themes. I bought a storm theme from him and when asking about a bug, I never got a response, or update. Thanks for robbing me for $7. An effort would've kept me happy even if I didn't like the outcome of the theme. However, you sir, are just plain unproffessional.
    08-13-09 04:16 PM
    I think I've found a bug within the theme: I use BerryWeather as the top right icon on my home screen and have found that after a battery pull or a setting change for the appearance of the home screen icon, the change never appears. For example, if I do a pull and the phone reboots, BerryWeather will auto run and update, and the home screen text will show this, but the icon will remain the default unlaunched icon.

In order to make the icon appear, I have to go to my Application screen, manually move the icon to another slot and exit back to the homescreen, then go and move it back. Could there be an icon refresh bug in the theme?
    08-13-09 05:37 PM
    I think I've found a bug within the theme: I use BerryWeather as the top right icon on my home screen and have found that after a battery pull or a setting change for the appearance of the home screen icon, the change never appears. For example, if I do a pull and the phone reboots, BerryWeather will auto run and update, and the home screen text will show this, but the icon will remain the default unlaunched icon.

In order to make the icon appear, I have to go to my Application screen, manually move the icon to another slot and exit back to the homescreen, then go and move it back. Could there be an icon refresh bug in the theme?
    Yes I've found this to be the case as well.

John- I purchased the Storm Today Plus for my Tour and first let me say that it is a very sleek and functional theme, well done. It is, however, quite laggy when scrolling over the home screen icons. I believe this to be a fault of Plazmic because every other theme I've tried for the Tour seems to lag as well. The only one that doesn't is the stock Precision theme. Another problem I have found is when scrolling over the SMS/MMS icon it shows texts that are a week old instead of the most recent ones. Even when I receive new texts they will show up initially but then disappear off the home screen after I read them. I have had this problem with other hidden dock themes so again, maybe a problem related to Plazmic.

I've purchased themes from you in the past and have always been very happy. Your themes are some of the best available and a lot of the negative posts are probably from your competition. This particular theme has a lot of potential but until Plazmic fixes the "patch" they issued (if that is the problem), the lag makes it a real pain in the arse. I'll be looking forward to an update to this theme that will hopefully fix this issue. Also- here's another vote for making the icons on the left hidden dock a little bigger.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Irish452; 08-14-09 at 07:33 PM.
    08-14-09 07:30 PM
    ill check back for this theme later i had this theme for my storm and it was fast as can be ....but when i run over to grab it for the tour the comments im seeing is making me a little unsure so ill just check back other than that i loved this thiem on my storm = )
    08-14-09 07:53 PM
    lol well i couldnt resist ecspecially with the discount i went ahead and bought the theme and just like my storm i love it on my TOUR = )
    08-14-09 09:40 PM
    This isn't even hard work. This is, changing the stock background, adding a dock .svg, and adding a few check button features. Then arranging them in your own way.

The rule I think should apply with ALL themes is, if you don't create it from top to bottom (IE: icons, banners, carets, wallpapers, battery meters, message indicators, EVERYTHING), then it should be free. Anyone can do this. It takes anywhere from 1 to 3-4 hours to make a decent theme. This would take me about one hour. I would never pay $6, or ON SALE FOR $3.99 for this. Ever. It may look nice, but it's not that hard to make, or to even find the exact one free.

These people charging for these themes are taking other peoples creations, calling them their own, and making their money off of someone else's hard work. Somebody had to take the time to make the stock precision icons, and the stock themes top to bottom.

These people charging are slapping a few (easy to make and tweak) functions on, and calling it their own.
    08-15-09 05:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD