Reverie D is a theme that's intended to be minimal and "take a backseat" to your wallpaper. Be sure to check out the features section below for a description of functions.

Enjoy!

(original version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

(original version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

(version 2 shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

*NOTE* If you are installing an "OS 5.0" specific version of the theme over an "OS 4.X-5.0" version, you may need to reset the home screen layout to its default. To do this, go to Options > Themes > (the Reverie theme you are using) > Theme Defaults. Then, select only Layout and hit Apply. A device restart / battery pull may then also be required.

*NOTE* The home screen's wallpaper will show through on the app screen only on the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme. The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this feature.

*NOTE* You may encounter a white background on the app screen when using the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme on OS 5.0. (The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this problem.) A fix for this can be found here.

Older variants of the theme are available for download here.

Reverie D original
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 01/05/10)
    WITH toggle-able slot: OTA
    WITH non-toggle-able slot x2: OTA
    WITHOUT slot: OTA

Reverie D original (WITH Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 01/11/10)

Reverie D version 2
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 01/06/10)

Reverie D version 2 (WITH Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 01/11/10)

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Clickable Bottom Bar
    Every part of the home screen's bar is navigable and clickable, providing easy access to your apps. Certain apps -- namely options, clock, connections, and sound profiles -- are already hard coded in to different parts of the bar, but you can access additional apps through the use of the...

Dice Icon
    Place six apps of your choice in the first six slots on the app screen, and then scroll up/down through the "sides" of the dice icon to access them. The "1" side of the die represents the first app on your app screen, the "2" represents the second, and so on.

Toggle-able Bottom Bar
    The bottom bar can be altered or even hidden completely by scrolling up/down in the clock area. Full bottom bar navigation/clickability remains available regardless of the bar's appearance.

QuickLaunch/ShortcutMe Hotkey
    The spacebar on your device's keyboard functions as a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe. (You need to have either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe installed in order for this feature to work.)

Hidden Today
    Scroll to a today enabled app (such as messages or calender) via the dice icon and an unclickable preview of corresponding entries will appear.

Slots for Weather/Meter Apps
    The theme is available both with and without slots for your weather and meter apps. To use the versions with a toggle-able slot, simply place your app in the seventh slot (first slot in the second row) on your app screen. For the double slot version, place your apps in the seventh and eighth slots (first and second slots in the second row) on your app screen. Your app or apps will then show up on the home screen.

Toggle-able Slot
    The theme is available with a toggle-able weather/meter app slot. In these versions, the slot on the home screen can be moved or hidden by scrolling up/down in the profiles area.

Transitions
    This theme is available both with and without transitions. In the transitions versions, a fade effect will occur whenever the screen changes. (You need to be running OS 5.0 in order to install the transitions versions.)

Also available:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/re...s-tour-414538/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/re...e-free-318545/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/re...e-free-322261/

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-10 at 02:26 AM.
    11-11-09 07:30 AM
    Nice variation on the original Reverie. I like that this can be used on light and dark walls because of the hidden dock. Very responsive! Another great job!
    11-11-09 08:34 AM
    i can't seem to navigate anything on this theme. it just remains on the dice on the first app, nothing else works. please help me.
    11-11-09 09:01 AM
    i can't seem to navigate anything on this theme. it just remains on the dice on the first app, nothing else works. please help me.
    There was initially a problem with the navigation on the "WITHOUT weather slot" version, but it has been corrected. Everything should function normally if you redownload/reinstall the theme.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 11-11-09 at 09:47 AM.
    11-11-09 09:08 AM
    Exactly what I've been looking for!!! One question: Would it be difficult to have the theme follow the font sizes that I have chosen under Options>Screen/Keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 10:04 AM
    Exactly what I've been looking for!!! One question: Would it be difficult to have the theme follow the font sizes that I have chosen under Options>Screen/Keyboard?

Actually ... The main fonts I think are following but fonts in things like the date line separator in the message folder, popup fonts, and the lock screen are huge. Would there be a possibility if reducing their sizes? Thx.

11-11-09 10:10 AM
    I'm afraid the fonts will be staying as they are for the time being. They were set as they are now to (hopefully) address both compatibility issues and overall user preference expressed in other threads.

I'm just beginning to look at the new 5.0 development kit. Should it allow more to be done with the fonts, I'll likely do an update.
    11-11-09 10:38 AM
    I'm afraid the fonts will be staying as they are for the time being. They were set as they are now to (hopefully) address both compatibility issues and overall user preference expressed in other threads.

I'm just beginning to look at the new 5.0 development kit. Should it allow more to be done with the fonts, I'll likely do an update.
    no big deal! thanks!
    11-11-09 10:50 AM
    I like it. Good work!
    11-11-09 11:03 AM
    Thanks for making this, Dagobah. Your themes are my favorite, hands down...
    11-11-09 12:10 PM
    Hi Dagobah. You have taken your "Reverie HT (Tour)" theme and knocked it out of the ball park with this version as far as I am concerned.

I love the spacebar=QL (thanks thanks thanks!) feature. The ability to hide the bottom bar is perfect. And the dice options is a very cool idea and quite functional!

I notice that you cannot scroll through the today messages or calendar entries, but that's okay (I wouldn't know how you would do it anyways, unless you allow for a horizontal right scroll or something to start highlighting the entries).

One variant that I would love to see would be to move the row of info with the "date" on it to the very top of the screen. That would move it more "out of the way" and allow for wallpaper to show a bit better in my opinion.

Awesome job though Dagobah! Thank you very much.
    11-11-09 04:52 PM
    Once again you've made a sick theme! Great work & thanks for sharing.
    11-11-09 08:26 PM
    Marc, I don't know where you got the idea of this theme but SO clever. I used it all day today and "discovered" a few mins ago how to hide the bottom bar LOL. Simply awesome.
    11-11-09 11:08 PM
    keeps getting better! didn't think this theme could. thanks a TON Trying it out shortly!!
    11-11-09 11:14 PM
    Awesome! Just awesome, man! Way better than the previous REVERIE theme. Both are spectacular, and you just hit one out the park w/ this upgrade! Awesome! I love it! Good work...can't wait until the next one, if there will be one. IDK how you'll improve over this. It's like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 & 2...was hard to improve on the 1st, but the 2nd was better. Hahah
    11-12-09 12:10 AM
    Awesome looking theme, great work again. Thanks.
    11-12-09 12:49 AM
    Also, I'd move the "location" next to the battery meter b/c there is a lot of open space in that area. Otherwise awesome theme!!

11-12-09 01:11 AM
    Though they may not be things you see often (or at all depending on your device), just about every last bit of space is taken up by something on the bottom. One option would be to swap things with one another, which I can do if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
    11-12-09 01:54 AM
    Wow!! I love this. And silly me, I thought the whole bottom dock would hide. LOL figured it out this morning. Just wanted you to know how awesome this theme is, as if you didn't know happy thursday!!

11-12-09 07:29 AM
    Oh if the space is taken up then that's cool. Sorry I didn't know. Must be things I don't use, like bluetooth & such. Never thought I'd use themes w/ no icons on the homescreen, but this one has changed me! Especially w/ the die feature. Pure excellence! Good work again.

11-12-09 07:44 AM
    You have done it again, another great theme! Thank you!

11-12-09 07:47 AM
    Thanks for the most awesome and useful themes I have ever used. My husband and I both love these mainly because of the ability to use our walls. Thanks again and keep up the good work. God bless you.
    11-12-09 10:07 AM
    Very nice theme. Just a quick question. I have the small email notification icon when I get new email just above the bottom taskbar. Is there a notification icon for Ubertwitter, Facebook, BlackBerry Messenger.

I kinda forget about them after the sound notification if I don't see the notification icon. I thought that would be present. Or did I do something wrong?

Great work, absolutely.
    11-12-09 11:31 AM
    ok I see the email notification and the blackberry messenger icon just above the bottom dock. So, still trying to figure out if Ubertwitter and Facebook have those small notification icon just above the bottom dock.
    11-12-09 06:23 PM
    ok I see the email notification and the blackberry messenger icon just above the bottom dock. So, still trying to figure out if Ubertwitter and Facebook have those small notification icon just above the bottom dock.
    Ubertwitter options has a "visually notify of new tweets". I think that's the one you want.
    11-12-09 07:07 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD