I'm hoping one of you theme creators is interested in building this.

I want a theme with hotkey actions programmed for 3rd part apps (I've read that this is possible with Composer). I use the native hotkeys all the time and would love to, for example, be able to just hit "V" for Viigo.

There's a couple other elements that I've seen in other themes that I've liked, but the hotkeys are the most important. I have tried downloading plazmic/composer on my own but quickly found that I was WAAAAY over my head.

Any interest??? I'd be willing to pay if that's what it takes.
    09-22-09 02:50 AM
    I'm hoping one of you theme creators is interested in building this.

I want a theme with hotkey actions programmed for 3rd part apps (I've read that this is possible with Composer). I use the native hotkeys all the time and would love to, for example, be able to just hit "V" for Viigo.

There's a couple other elements that I've seen in other themes that I've liked, but the hotkeys are the most important. I have tried downloading plazmic/composer on my own but quickly found that I was WAAAAY over my head.

Any interest??? I'd be willing to pay if that's what it takes.
    The problem with the Hot Keys are some users use Dial from home screen and some do not. There is also the issue that different users will have different apps and different needs for hot keys. Although not hard, hot keys are an advanced feature. I have made 2 themes that use "$" for Media, but that is only because i really think there should have been a short cut to media. "V" is already used for Saved Messages. Without going through all the pre-programed shortcuts, i'd think that most common letters are already used anyway. On Top of that, those hot keys will only work for that theme. You'll not be able to switch themes with out losing your favorite shortcuts.

My suggestion, save the money you were going to pay for this theme and buy Quick Launch or Shortcut Me. Both offer quick access to your favorite apps and work regardless of what theme you are using.
    09-22-09 03:55 AM
    The problem with the Hot Keys are some users use Dial from home screen and some do not. There is also the issue that different users will have different apps and different needs for hot keys. Although not hard, hot keys are an advanced feature. I have made 2 themes that use "$" for Media, but that is only because i really think there should have been a short cut to media. "V" is already used for Saved Messages. Without going through all the pre-programed shortcuts, i'd think that most common letters are already used anyway. On Top of that, those hot keys will only work for that theme. You'll not be able to switch themes with out losing your favorite shortcuts.

My suggestion, save the money you were going to pay for this theme and buy Quick Launch or Shortcut Me. Both offer quick access to your favorite apps and work regardless of what theme you are using.
    I hate using Quick Launch and Shortcut Me because I am lazy and don't want to need to hit an extra key. I understand that V=Saved Msg in the native settings---could this be overwritten within the theme to be Viigo? By my count, W, E, R, Y, I, F, H, Z, and X are available even with the native settings.

I know everyone has their own 3rd party apps, so requests would vary, but that's why I am looking for someone to build it for ME....and if it works for others so be it. Most the 3rd party apps I would want (Viigo, UberTwitter, Poynt, Facebook, Alarm) are pretty popular anyways. Even if you were to make an app with just those shortcuts you could probably make some money!

So how bout it, you interested in building it?
    09-22-09 02:20 PM
    The Momentum series has great short cuts like you are looking for. As well you can still dial from the home screen.
    11-04-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD