So I'm loving my new Tour so far. It's my first BB and I'm glad I made the leap.

I was impressed with the amount of customization options for ringtones and notifications, especially the in / out of holster options.

One issue I'm having is that the phone doesn't obey the "Sound in Holster" setting.

I have my SMS notification set up on a tone and 2 short vibrations in-holster only and "Sound in Holster" set to "No". So it should only sound the tone when not holstered (works) and only vibrate twice when holstered (doesn't work). When holstered it vibrates twice and then playes the tone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:06 PM
    Bump. Can anyone else duplicate this issue? I can't be the only one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 03:36 AM
    Having the same bug with profiles. Does anyone have any screen shots of profile settings? What does the In/Out Holster: refer to?have it set to In Only and still get vibe and ring?
    07-20-09 03:51 AM
    Sometimes my profiles settings work...other times they do like yours. Add this to the many little things on the Tour that will likely be fixed in a future OS update (hopefully soon).
    07-20-09 06:52 AM
    I had a bug of a different sort in profile settings. Had default BB ringtone when I got it, I changed it to a song from my media card. Worked a day or so, then reverted back to BB ringtone. Only it still showed the song in my settings. A couple days after that it went back to playing the song as the ringtone and so far has stayed that way. I'm guessing a software update will fix that as well.
    07-20-09 07:49 AM
    @periwinklemoon:

Actually, I've had that a couple of time with the alert settings I have for "Gmail - New Mail". Often a battery pull fixes it or changing to another ringtone, saving, then setting back to the desired rington. I honestly think an OS update will fix a lot of these operational things.
    07-20-09 07:52 AM
    My profile settings seem to be working just fine, at least as much as I've noticed. The only one that doesn't work for me is my gmail account. The only notification that I get of a new email is the blinking led.

07-20-09 08:03 AM
    i have this very some problem sometimes, I have it set for my phone to ring in holster but everything else is vibrate and yet sometimes i still get the notifier sound.
    07-20-09 09:18 AM
    Having the same issue. Settings set to Vibe (in holster only) and Tone, and "Sound in holster" set to no; yet I /always/ get a vibe then a chime while in the holster. Out of the holster, I just get a tone with NO vibe, so I know the magnet's putting it into holster mode. Not finding much on this problem elsewhere except for isolated forum posts - making me think that it's not a rampant issue, and maybe settings related, but I've been through them a dozen times, and not getting any positive results.

Just throwing it out there...
    Last edited by kingmoocow; 07-23-09 at 08:23 PM.
    07-23-09 08:18 PM
    Yeah, I've had this problem since day 1 with the Tour. I only want it to vibrate in the holster but it rings no matter what when I change the setting to sound off in holster.

Must be a bug in the OS, hopefully a firmware update will fix this.
    07-23-09 08:22 PM
    None of my ring, vibe, alert,sound settings work properly. Very annoying to say the least. Can't hear a call, can feel a vibe, etc etc. I'm choked!
    07-24-09 01:21 AM
    I'm having similar problems - 80% of the time the profile does what I expect it to, but sometimes I get a random chirp for my emails or texts. Not sure why, I've verified the settings and the locations of the tones multiple times.
    07-24-09 03:56 AM
    i am having problems as well. as everyone else has done, i have verified settings. profile works as it should except for contacts that have custom ring tones. the ring tones themselves work in or out of holster as i have it setup, but the custom messages tones i have setup only work out of the case, even though i have them set to go off in the case as well. using the included holster.
    07-24-09 05:35 AM
    Here's a thought: shortly after transferring everything from my old 8830 to the Tour, I notice that the vib settings weren't working correctly, unless I set them to "custom." Having a hunch, I deleted the "Leave It On" program off the handheld, which itself had been not working correctly since being transferred to the Tour. After that, everything seems to be working fine so far.

I even had a theme skew the vib & notification settings on my 8830 one time.

Judging from the other posts here, I suspect it's more than just a third-party app issue; firmware fix is needed, probably.
    07-24-09 05:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem here with the phone when it is in the holster it still makes the sounds! its anoying... anybody know of a solution yet ?
    08-11-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD