So I got a small problem and also just a general question about the plain $message folder. This is the folder that has emails, on default logs missed calls, bbms, pins, etc.

First my issue. When I'm receiving new emails the message folder gets the little red star for new msg indicator, but my email folder doesn't. On my last tour it showed up on both. Small issue, but irritating since I access my messages from my email folder. Any idea why this is happening?

Which leads me to my question: do you use the message folder for anything? I tend to view each $essage through it's own folder/program, but I guess it would be useful if I wanted them all in one place. I just moved my message folder off my home screen and never use it. What do you all tend to do? Just wandered if I was imn the majority or minority.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:15 PM
    Messages, options, general, SMS and email boxes

I use one folder for everything, seeing how I have 8 email accounts setup and I do not want to be wasting time going from folder to folder. It's also less clutter, I can just hide the other email folders.
    08-12-09 01:18 PM
    I can definitely appreciate the feature if you have multiple accounts on the phone. Until then... I guess I'm just stuck in my old ways!

I changed from theme controlled to separate, is this the function you described? Ill have to wait until I get another email. I just wish the red icon indicator showed up on my email folder again!

08-12-09 01:26 PM
    I get all notifications in the message folder. Something must be wrong with yours.

08-12-09 01:28 PM
    I get all notifications in the message folder. Something must be wrong with yours.

Nothing is wrong with his, sheesh. It's a simple setting in the message options.

OP: Yes, set to Seperate like you did. Good luck!
    08-12-09 01:31 PM
    Thanks danoh

08-12-09 01:43 PM
    I keep everything in one folder (theme controlled to combined). I guess I got spoiled from the Helio's Ultimate Inbox.....lol
    08-12-09 01:51 PM
    If you're not going to use your messages folder, simply select it, hit the blackberry key and say "hide". That way you won't have to see it all the time.
    08-12-09 03:28 PM
    I appreciate all your advice. Unfortunately, trying the previous suggestion didn't solve my problem. I don't mind seeing the message folder. In fact in this case I need to because the red star notification by the icon isn't showing up on my email folder icon.

Any other suggestions?

08-12-09 06:32 PM
    I appreciate all your advice. Unfortunately, trying the previous suggestion didn't solve my problem. I don't mind seeing the message folder. In fact in this case I need to because the red star notification by the icon isn't showing up on my email folder icon.

Any other suggestions?

Go into yout setup folder and then click e-mail settings. Now hit the blackberry button and click "resend service books". Now pull out your battery and then wait 30 seconds and put it back in. You should be good to go then.
    08-12-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD