For those of you that liked my previous theme "BB_Berry Storm", this is an evolution of that design. It has many of the same elements and feature but is more polished and refined (IMO). A great deal for only $1.99!

Features ...

Icons have the familiar "Storm-like" backdrop.

Keyboard Shortcuts

• Quicklaunch (spacebar)
    • Profiles (z)
    • SMS / MMS ($)
    • Google Mobile Search (s)
    • MeterBerry (0)

Banner Hotspots

• Clock
    • Calendar (Scroll right to jump down to the today area from here ... Follow the green arrow)
    • Profiles
    • Manage Connections

Integrated Search Icon (Item # 8 in application list)

Weather Icon (text is “always on”)

The weather icon does not have a "normal" or "focused" backdrop but flashes (like lighting, get it ) when you hover over it!

Screen shots and OTA link are below ! I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Quiet Storm OTA
    Last edited by BB_Berry; 06-07-10 at 03:54 PM.
    06-07-10 09:38 AM
    do 3rd party apps light up when rolled on or over on homescreen ?
    06-07-10 10:44 AM
    Nice theme! very similar to the Berry Storm, what are the new features?

Vince
    06-07-10 12:35 PM
    do 3rd party apps light up when rolled on or over on homescreen ?
    Yes, All home screen icons have the same backdrop and focus effect on rollover.
    06-07-10 01:20 PM
    Nice theme! very similar to the Berry Storm, what are the new features?

Vince
    Hi Vince!

Thanks for the compliment ... Yes, much of the core of this theme is like my previous one as far as functionality. I think this is more polished and refined however. I added some screen shots and additional explanations to help tell the difference.

I think the colors are more vibrant with this one compared to my previous release. The Search icon is now fully user-customized ... Whatever is in the 8th App position on the Applications screen is what is used for the search function.

I also considered some comments and feedback regarding the ability to scroll down to the today area from date in the banner. I used this hotspot just to view my appointments, but now you can jump down to the list by scrolling right. When you're at the top of the list, you can scroll left to get back up to the banner.

Another little detail I added is a "Search" text that pops up when you hover over the Search icon. I thought it was a nice little touch that will hopefully be well received.
    06-07-10 02:13 PM
    Yes, All home screen icons have the same backdrop and focus effect on rollover.
    Thanks

Bought the theme

I noticed

spacebar not launching quicklaunch

X not launching profiles
    06-07-10 03:10 PM
    Thanks

Bought the theme

I noticed

spacebar not launching quicklaunch

X not launching profiles
    Thanks ... Checking the code now to find out why the shortcuts are not working. I'll update you ASAP.
    06-07-10 03:13 PM
    Great theme. Bought it today and like it a lot. Any chance of mnaking the font in the time BOLD? It would pop out a little more.
    06-07-10 03:30 PM
    Great theme. Bought it today and like it a lot. Any chance of mnaking the font in the time BOLD? It would pop out a little more.
    Thanks! I tried making the Clock font bold and it looked a little TOO bold ... I may upload another version for those that want this. It's a minor mod.
    06-07-10 03:41 PM
    Thanks ... Checking the code now to find out why the shortcuts are not working. I'll update you ASAP.
    thanks

also is there a way to make a transparent dock as i generally change my wallpaper
    06-07-10 03:48 PM
    Okay, I re-uploaded the theme files and the shortcuts should be fixed now. PLEASE NOTE the change for the profiles shortcut. I had to change that to "z" instead of "x". For some reason, Composer didn't like me trying to use x. For the Quicklaunch to work, I had to disable Home Screen Dialing in the phone options and set this as the quick access key in the Quicklaunch options. All the others worked fine. I usually leave this disabled to have quick access to built in shortcuts. I am researching on why the Spacebar won't work with Home Screen dialing enabled. Updates are always free.

If you try to re-download it and it asks for a code, PM me and I'll send you a new one. I don't think you should have to though.
    06-07-10 04:17 PM
    Hi BB_Berry,

Are updates free of charge? or would I be paying for this theme and paying for updates?

Regards,
    Vince
    06-07-10 05:44 PM
    BB_Berry,

Just wondering would it be possible to make a scrolling dock version for this theme? and the above poster asked if you could make a transparent dock? Is the current dock not transparent?

Vince
    06-07-10 05:51 PM
    BB_Berry,

Just purchased theme, Loving it! but could you make it so when I highlight the top banner icons to be like the last version? where the underlay is highlighted and not just a box outline? and the calendar green arrow is not very nice lol, I assumed that the green arrow was just in the picture to show where to scroll the trackball, I didnt' know it was an actual pic screen shot! woudl it be possible to make the top banner like the older one? Thanks in advance! GREAT theme love it!!

Regards,
    Vince
    06-07-10 06:22 PM
    BB_Berry,

Just purchased theme, Loving it! but could you make it so when I highlight the top banner icons to be like the last version? where the underlay is highlighted and not just a box outline? and the calendar green arrow is not very nice lol, I assumed that the green arrow was just in the picture to show where to scroll the trackball, I didnt' know it was an actual pic screen shot! woudl it be possible to make the top banner like the older one? Thanks in advance! GREAT theme love it!!

Regards,
    Vince
    BB_Berry,

Sorry 1 more thing, would it be possible to make a underlay for the search icon too? Thanks!

Vince
    06-07-10 06:24 PM
    Hi BB_Berry,

I also noticed when I scroll to the weather app, i see the battery icon gets highlighted even if I did not scroll over it. Can we be expecting any updates soon?

Thanks
    Vince
    06-09-10 02:04 PM
    I get an uncaught exception when I launch the blackberry browser and the Bold needs to be re-booted. Any thoughts
    06-09-10 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD