The Tour is my 1st ever Blackberry, and while I've learned a lot about using the device to its potential, I still do not fully grasp the vast number of themes available. I'm hoping for a recommendation based roughly on what I'd like.

I like the OEM theme for the most part but would like to add:

a 'today' like thing where last messages/appointments appear in text on the home screen

A weather icon, preferably at the top of the screen that does not have to be hovered over to read the current temp (berryweather doesn't work in my area - the temp numbers are always 5-10 degrees off, while weatherbug has accurate data, but requires hovering - ugh).

Additional shortcuts on the home screen in excess of the included 6

A numerical percentage representation of battery life remaining.

I've seen a theme kind of close to this, but it deleted the 'sounds' icon found in the OEM theme in the upper left corner of the home page, which negates any improvement.

Free is nice, but I'd gladly pay for the perfect theme

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    08-31-09 04:18 PM
    In what your looking for I'd recommend

Pro v3 clean look , many colors , tons of icon flexibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 06:58 PM
    LOL I was going to suggest the same one irony. Great minds think alike....
    08-31-09 09:20 PM
    +3. It doesn't do the numerical % of battery life remaining, but it does everything else and comes is 5 or 6 color flavors.
    08-31-09 10:25 PM
    Another vote for BB Pro V3 here!

Also, keep an eye on the SimpleBerry Theme that's heading for OTA soon, it looks promising as well, and follows along the same professional styles as Natemz Pro V3 theme.

As for the battery percentage, if it is possible to add it in Plazmic, I'm sure a theme developer would be happy to add it for you to their theme for a small donation. Ask them, they're a very friendly bunch
    08-31-09 10:42 PM
    3G by RedZapper. I love the "homescreen hotspots" (launch points) built into the header bar.
    08-31-09 11:36 PM
    holy crapbucketz..Pro V3 is so simple, yet amazing...almost everything I could hope for in a theme..and color choices to fit every personality, with a red option matching my case to boot.

Thank you so much for the perfect recommendation!

For anyone else that would like to try this outstanding theme here it is:

Free BlackBerry Pro v3 Theme for Tour 9630 | CrackBerry.com

Did I mention it's free...donate to the author!
    Last edited by Californian; 09-01-09 at 12:10 AM.
    08-31-09 11:56 PM
    ooh, one quick question...

This theme has a "Hidden Today".

what is that? I'm guessing the message lines that appear on the home screen disappear once read.

Is there a setting to not have it 'hidden'? That is, can it just display the last 5, 6 etc messages/events whether they've been read or not?
    09-01-09 12:03 AM
    3G Tour by RedZapper is awesome - perfect theme. Also BBamped by Natemz. Another great, versatile theme. Don't have OTA links handy but will find them in this forum. Congrats on new Tour; you're going to love it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 09:36 AM
    anything Ecruz put out
    09-01-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD