Since the start of the 2010 NASCAR season is 3 weeks away from today, I thought I would get everyone in gear with a Dale Jr theme.

I added custom icons for messages (NASCAR logo), SMS/MMS (Sprint Cup trophy) and Browser along with a custom home screen icon and even an animated checkered flag for the hourglass, just to name a few.

Theme has hidden today, all icons are customizable with the 7th being for the weather app of your choice and the spacebar is also a shortcut for either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe. The lock screen also has the weather icon on it as well.

Screenshots

OTA Links

Version 1 - As shown above
    9700 5.0

BY REQUEST:

Version 1A - Theme image on all screens EXCEPT the app screen. #88 logo replaced with default image below
    9700 5.0

Version 2 - As shown above with weather app text
    9700 5.0

BY REQUEST:

Version 2A - Theme image on all screens EXCEPT the app screen. #88 logo replaced with default image below
    9700 5.0

Default Backgrounds
    Version 3 and 4 only have the Dale Jr image on the main screen. All others have the default background with green hue to it.

Version 3 - Theme image on main screen only
    9700 5.0

Version 4 - Theme image on main screen only with weather app text
    9700 5.0

BY REQUEST:

Version 5 - Theme image on main screen only with weather app text AND lock screen wallpaper unlocked AND all white font
    This doesn't work well with main screen wallpaper and you can't see the text by the weather app due to white background, but if you are going to change wallpaper and want lock screen to change as well, then this should work for you.
    9700 5.0

Please let me know what you think.

If you enjoy this theme, please consider a donation:

Be sure to check out my Blackblerry Theme Blog for all my themes
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 02-28-10 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Updated Hidden Today Fonts
    01-24-10 09:55 PM
    This one is awesome! Great job! How about one with his father?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 06:53 AM
    Can you make a version with default wallpaper for app screen and call screen and unlock lockscreen wallpaper? This way it would be universal to add wallpaper of your choice and still have the cool icons and hourglass! Text beside weather app would be great also. I'm a fan of weathereye. Thanks. Cool theme.
    01-25-10 07:47 AM
    So I wanted to know how to load this theme onto my phone. I have the Blackberry Tour 9630 4.7.1 operating system I believe. I try doing the 4.7 and says that it is not compatible. Please help. This looks like an awesome them.
    01-26-10 09:42 PM
    Isn't free a little expensive for a Dale Jr. theme... GO #14... Just kidding... looks nice man!!!
    01-26-10 09:57 PM
    So I wanted to know how to load this theme onto my phone. I have the Blackberry Tour 9630 4.7.1 operating system I believe. I try doing the 4.7 and says that it is not compatible. Please help. This looks like an awesome them.
    All you should have to do is click on the link from your blackberry browser. You will be prompted to download to phone and reboot. That's all there is to it.
    01-26-10 10:12 PM
    #3 would be great. Nice work
    01-26-10 10:18 PM
    Great great theme. It would be better if it was a #24 theme
    01-26-10 11:07 PM
    Ok cool. I did that and it worked just fine. Great theme man, I love it. Wondering if you could make one for my bro, Ryan Newman. If not, no worries. Thanks for the work.
    01-26-10 11:31 PM
    Loaded on phone but it doesnt show up in theme location, will this work on my BB? I am running the new 5.0 software ( downloaded the 5.0)

Thanks Lee
    01-27-10 09:00 AM
    Another great theme Jim!
    01-27-10 02:35 PM
    Loaded on phone but it doesnt show up in theme location, will this work on my BB? I am running the new 5.0 software ( downloaded the 5.0)

Thanks Lee
    Themes are specific to device. Tour themes won't work on an 8330. Sorry.
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 01-27-10 at 03:59 PM.
    01-27-10 03:55 PM
    I made a few tweaks and added a couple different versions as requested. See original post for details.
    01-27-10 09:30 PM
    I will try and work on a Dale Sr theme sometime soon. Will post new thread when done.

I will think about doing a Ryan Newman theme for you, AQuinn19, but no promises.
    01-27-10 09:33 PM
    Thanks for the quick updates!!! Is there a way to make the text "constant" beside the weather app??? Maybe you misunderstood my request...sorry about that. The app screen is great with the green wall, but can the lockscreen carry over the wallpaper from the "homescreen"??? Also "white" font would be great. I think that's about it! lol Will gladly donate with these changes. Great job and thanks in advance!
    01-27-10 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the quick updates!!! Is there a way to make the text "constant" beside the weather app??? Maybe you misunderstood my request...sorry about that. The app screen is great with the green wall, but can the lockscreen carry over the wallpaper from the "homescreen"??? Also "white" font would be great. I think that's about it! lol Will gladly donate with these changes. Great job and thanks in advance!
    I think I finally have it for you. See Version 5 in original post. Of all the weather text updates I did yesterday, this one was the only one I forgot to set to always on.

Weather text always on, lock screen wallpaper unlocked and all white font.

Enjoy!!
    01-28-10 10:20 AM
    First off let me say very nice theme, thank you very much for the time spent on this. Am pretty much a newby with the BlackBerry and themes. So if it's not to much trouble i have a few questions and one request. In your description you say all icons are customizable i take this means you can move them around but not actually change what the icon looks like. You also mention spacebar can be used as a shortcut for QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe, which i am guessing are some kind of apps. Is it possible to rename the different versions of this theme so as to have more than one on phone to pick from?
    As far as the request would it be to much trouble to take Versions 1 & 2 and replace just the Home/App screen with default Green Hue screen from Versions 3 & 4? With all the icons on this screen it looks a little busy with the 88 logo behind it. Will be happy to contribute for the extra time and effort. Thank you very much for your time.

P.S. also would be interested in a Dale Sr. theme as JTH1230 mentioned.
    01-29-10 11:42 AM
    First off let me say very nice theme, thank you very much for the time spent on this. Am pretty much a newby with the BlackBerry and themes. So if it's not to much trouble i have a few questions and one request. In your description you say all icons are customizable i take this means you can move them around but not actually change what the icon looks like. You also mention spacebar can be used as a shortcut for QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe, which i am guessing are some kind of apps. Is it possible to rename the different versions of this theme so as to have more than one on phone to pick from?
    As far as the request would it be to much trouble to take Versions 1 & 2 and replace just the Home/App screen with default Green Hue screen from Versions 3 & 4? With all the icons on this screen it looks a little busy with the 88 logo behind it. Will be happy to contribute for the extra time and effort. Thank you very much for your time.

P.S. also would be interested in a Dale Sr. theme as JTH1230 mentioned.
    Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it.

To answer your questions:
    1. Customizable icons means you can move them and place them anywhere you want. Some themes have app location determined and you can't move them.
    2. QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe are 3rd party apps that act like a shortcut menu that you can customize. Makes navigating BB a lot easier. I personally use QuickLaunch. you can find both in the crackberry store.
    3. The next time I make updates to all vesions, I will consider renaming so more than one can be installed.

As for your theme request, You want all custom wallpapers to stay EXCEPT for the #88 on the app screen, which you would like changed to the green default image I made. Is this correct? Let me know and I will change for you.
    01-29-10 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it.

To answer your questions:
    1. Customizable icons means you can move them and place them anywhere you want. Some themes have app location determined and you can't move them.
    2. QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe are 3rd party apps that act like a shortcut menu that you can customize. Makes navigating BB a lot easier. I personally use QuickLaunch. you can find both in the crackberry store.
    3. The next time I make updates to all vesions, I will consider renaming so more than one can be installed.

As for your theme request, You want all custom wallpapers to stay EXCEPT for the #88 on the app screen, which you would like changed to the green default image I made. Is this correct? Let me know and I will change for you.
    Thank you for the quick response, and for clarifying those points for me. Yes that is what i am looking for. It is a lot easier to pick out the icons with the green screen. And once again thank you for your time.
    01-29-10 05:33 PM
    Thank you for the quick response, and for clarifying those points for me. Yes that is what i am looking for. It is a lot easier to pick out the icons with the green screen. And once again thank you for your time.
    New version added as you requested. OTA links good to go.
    01-30-10 08:42 AM
    New version added as you requested. OTA links good to go.
    Thank you for the revised version. Gladly sent donation for this very nice theme.
    If it wouldn't be to much trouble would you make that change to Version 2 also, I have not worked with a weather app yet but plan to. Will be looking forward to the Dale Sr. theme if you get time to do one. Once again thank you very much. After seeing this it gives me the itch to maybe try this myself after i get more comfortable with the blackberry.
    02-01-10 03:16 PM
    Thank you for the revised version. Gladly sent donation for this very nice theme.
    If it wouldn't be to much trouble would you make that change to Version 2 also, I have not worked with a weather app yet but plan to. Will be looking forward to the Dale Sr. theme if you get time to do one. Once again thank you very much. After seeing this it gives me the itch to maybe try this myself after i get more comfortable with the blackberry.
    Changed wallpaper on version 2 as requested. Enjoy!!
    02-02-10 10:36 PM
    I updated the fonts on the hidden today versions so the date and description didn't look like they were running together.

Let me know if there are issues.
    02-28-10 08:29 PM
    " very nice "
    02-28-10 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD