(08/24/09)
    - small changes on both regular and precision versions
    - both version now also have a bannerless version (invisible homescreen banner)
    - please redownload for any new fixes!!!

OTA Downloads

iTour
    iTour Bannerless

iTour Precision
    iTour Precision Bannerless

Application Screen

Navigation Technique

icon 1 = weather
    icon 2-7 = bottom dock
    icon 2-6 = goes up to today area
    today area = goes up to profiles
    icon 7 = goes up to icon 1 (weather)

so you can easily access the today area from the bottom 5 icons, and if there is no today content it will go directly to profiles. the only way to access the weather icon (icon #1) is to go up from icon 7 (bottom #6). i think this is working better than the last way because you dont have to travel through the weather icon every time you want to goto the profiles.

(08/17/09)
    - changed the location of the weather icon to more in the corner below the banner.
    - added a selection highlight for it as it was hard to know when it was selected other than the status text.
    - widened the status text area so it shouldnt cut off for longer texts anymore.
    - you can now select the today area items from the bottom 6 icons.
    - have not updated the precision version yet, just iphone icon version.

(08/16/09)
    okay given the interest i am releasing it "as-is" right now. that means, there could very well be some bugs. there could also be room for improvment. so lets consider this an "open beta" and everyone can give their input. not going to guarantee you will get what you want, but hopefully this can be polished off into a nice clean theme. once this one is done i plan on making revisions with different icon sets.

heres a simple theme i have been making for myself. its mostly stock precision theme. the one obvious change is the use of iphone icons. to all the haters, no i do not want my blackberry to look like an iphone, i do however want to use the wide variety of high quality icons made for said phone. i like the contrasting colors of them it makes it easier to navigate as opposed to all icons looking the same for the most part.

ive also added a weather icon spot on the homescreen. well it can be anything you want really, but it is intended for use as weather icon. there is no visible highlight selection for the weather icon, but you can still navigate to it in order to see the status text. i thought the large black selection box looked odd in the middle of the screen.

ive also added a hidden today area which shows 6 items when hovered over the corresponding icon.

heres a few pictures to give you an idea:

*screenshots have been updated*
    Last edited by andyriot; 08-26-09 at 08:55 PM.
    08-16-09 06:41 PM
    I like the looks of that. I would rock that when you release it. OTA would be awesome!!
    08-16-09 06:44 PM
    theme looks nice and really clean
    08-16-09 06:51 PM
    I'd like to give this one a try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 07:00 PM
    Please release this, looks really nice

08-16-09 07:07 PM
    updated first post with ota download. please read the note above it about being an "open beta". thanks for the kind words.
    08-16-09 07:27 PM
    nice looking theme!! good job!
    08-16-09 07:31 PM
    Very nice so far! I think the iphone icons look great on a blackberry.

Runs smooth and looks clean. Cant ask for much more.
    08-16-09 07:55 PM
    Love the theme, without the iphone icons.
    If you would make this them with the BB icons, I would buy it!!!
    08-16-09 09:55 PM
    Love the theme, without the iphone icons.
    If you would make this them with the BB icons, I would buy it!!!
    +2 to this. i agree. id buy it if it had bb icons.
    08-16-09 09:58 PM
    very nice might add this to my collection.
    08-16-09 10:31 PM
    I also like the fact that Apple always uses the high contrast icons! Really wonderful what you have done!
    08-16-09 10:38 PM
    @mikej7 @sinfony

ive added an alternate version using the stock precision icons. i believe that is what you were asking for. you both mentioned you would pay so ive also added a donation button incase you feel so inclined.

thanks for the kind words
    08-16-09 10:39 PM
    just downloaded the version with the iphone icons, very nice. however what happened to the icon for SMS messages?
    not sure what you mean by that? do you have your sms and email inboxes set to separate? if you dont know what im talking about. open your messages > menu > options >general options > sms and email inboxes > separate
    Last edited by andyriot; 08-16-09 at 10:51 PM.
    08-16-09 10:48 PM
    Where did you get the icons from?
    08-16-09 11:21 PM
    A...First of all, NICE theme. I, like you, am not a hater, and like those icons. A few suggestions to make it even better:

- Is it possible to move the weather icon more to the right and up so that it is in the corner below the banner? Also, can you include a visual selection or highlight of the weather icon similar to the row of 6 below. I understand not wanting to see the black under the weather icon, but if it is relocated, it wouldn't be that much of a distraction. Plus, it's hard to select it because you can't see you're on it.

- Make the "hidden today" items selectable by scrolling up to it.

Other than that, I think it's a beautiful theme. Good job!
    08-17-09 04:43 PM
    couple of bugs I noticed, the outline of the black box on the theme with the precision icons as you can see in the picture. Also the application names gets cut off also.

one request, can you make both versions without weather also?
    08-17-09 05:16 PM
    @FiliBERRY - Thanks! Yes its possible to move the weather icon, I wasnt sure for best placement. I will mess around with the placement and see how the corner works out. Perhaps i can make an alternate version with a selection highlight for the weather icon as i really dont want one for my personal version

As for selecting the today items, i also wasnt sure from which icons should you be able to select them? the new navigation settings of plazmic are slightly confusing. since the bottom icons are user chosen, i cannot set it to be selectable from a certain icon (ie: calendar). so it would have to goto the today items for every icon i guess? i personally dont see a need to select them so thats why i went without being able to access it. but i will mess around with it and see what i can do. any suggestions are appreciated.

@Chase265 - Well that looks crazy! lol I am not sure what has happened there but will be looking into it!
    08-17-09 06:01 PM
    beautiful

cheers
    08-17-09 06:04 PM
    (08/17/09)
    - changed the location of the weather icon to more in the corner below the banner.
    - added a selection highlight for it as it was hard to know when it was selected other than the status text.

see first post for ota download
    08-17-09 07:53 PM
    (08/17/09)

see first post for ota download
    A, thanks for the quick reply. Some feedback for you:

-locatioin of the weather icon is perfect.
    -selection of the icon is perfect
    -status area is fine
    -had no problem selecting "today" items. Moved my msgs to 3rd icon and calendar to 4th icon. Perfect.

The navigation model might need to be looked at however. At the 6th bottom row icon, if I scroll up, it goes to the profile instead of up to the weather icon. At the first bottom row icon, if I scroll up it goes to the weather icon. For me to get to profile from the 1st bottom row icon I have to go to weather first, then to profile. Vice versa, if I'm on the profile icon and scroll down it goes to weather and if I'm on weather it goes down to the first bottom row icon. Confusing? I'm with ya.

I'm just glad there are people out there with the patience to handle Plazmic and put up with the feedback that we give. Thanks for your efforts!
    08-17-09 08:16 PM
    How about a non weather hidden today version?

08-17-09 08:57 PM
    The navigation model might need to be looked at however....
    i think ive ironed out the navigation now... redownload and let me know how it works for you.
    08-17-09 11:11 PM
    I just downloaded this, looks great!!!

I noticed the same bug that FiliBERRY mentioned, and I'm curious to know if it does that because the weather icon (first icon) is that top right one? Profiles scrolls to first bottom left icon as default, doesn't it? If that's the case, then is it seeing the weather spot as first since that's how it is on the homepage?

Still a sharp clean theme, looks great on the resolution of this screen!
    08-17-09 11:57 PM
    Pretty sweet theme, thanks a lot for sharing!

08-18-09 06:36 AM
196 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD