I've sent them an email or two in the last week but haven't received any responses.
    Anyone insiders here?
    07-19-09 12:11 AM
    Great question. I don't think anybody here has the answer though. We'll just have to wait and see.
    07-19-09 12:17 AM
    I HOPE its not going to take 2-6 months to get the new version out. I hope at max its out by August. RIM knows when they will be releasing new phones..IDK why its taking them so long to get Plazmic together.
    07-19-09 12:36 AM
    Yeah I figure it's something they would have finished by the time it's ready to release.
    07-19-09 12:47 AM
    History shows us it takes a long time. All we can do is hope for an abberation from the normal.
    07-19-09 12:49 AM
    Yeah, it's funny, there are usually tons of rumors and speculation on this site, no one has said anything about Plazmic.
    07-19-09 12:50 AM
    That sucks. If they ever get back to my email I'll post it up.
    07-19-09 04:24 AM
    it was 2 months before the leaked version hit for the storm..

so expect it to take a bit..
    07-19-09 04:27 AM
    I had no clue what plazmic was, until i Googled it. Interesting stuff.

Plazmic
    07-19-09 07:58 AM
    I don't think I can hold off another month XD. Well not me, my friend.
    07-19-09 05:20 PM
    I don't think I can hold off another month XD. Well not me, my friend.
    What will you do if you have to wait? If it is something drastic post me your tour, would hate to see it go to waste

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:29 PM
    What will you do if you have to wait? If it is something drastic post me your tour, would hate to see it go to waste

lol, that is a true crackberry addict
    07-21-09 11:45 PM
    im also trying to wait for the themes to start rolling out..i could use a today theme real bad... hopefully they'll have them out before my school starts.
    07-22-09 12:31 AM
    It is hard for us all coming from the Curves, 8830's, and Pearl's where theme'ing is just part of the user experience...When it happens I will be ready! I need a Leopard or Snow Leopard skin
    07-22-09 01:32 AM
    sounds like a cool phone. i wonder what i looks like.
    07-22-09 01:41 AM
    Sent them an e-mail Tuesday, here's their reply:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support.

In response to your recent message regarding the Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK), I would be happy to address this issue for you.

The most recently released version of the Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK) is version 4.7 and available at [ plazmic ]. Since the BlackBerry Tour smartphone runs on handheld software version 4.7.1, the current release of the CDK will not be able to support content development on this particular handheld platform at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused in the meantime.

Rest assured that we are aware of this issue, and are hard at work to address the functionality of the CDK to fully support the newest BlackBerry device. Any possibility of a subsequent release or potential timeline for an update of the CDK would only be speculation at this time.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused in your development. Thank you for your interest in BlackBerry content development and have a great day Jeff!

Sincerely,

James
    Software Engineering Analyst
    BlackBerry Application Development Support Customer Support Operations - Research In Motion BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone
    07-22-09 03:24 AM
    they can't get the new program out fast enough,having just one theme really sucks.they should've added a few more like every other blackberry.
    07-22-09 03:32 AM
    @hoover: Thanks a bunch for taking time to help us all hear the official word.
    07-22-09 05:55 AM
    I had no clue what plazmic was, until i Googled it. Interesting stuff.

Plazmic
    lol...ditto
    07-22-09 07:54 AM
    email i got from them

Hello,

Your Service Request has been logged and the following course of action has been
    provided in response to your inquiry. If you have any questions concerning this request,
    please reply to this email within the next three (3) business days.

Details:
    Tour release
    Any ideas??
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry....

Resolution:
    Plazmic has recently released their Content Developers Kit (CDK) version 4.7 that supports building themes and dynamic content for the BlackBerry Storm smartphone as well as earlier devices. As of this point in time, a version that supports the BlackBerry Tour has not been publicly released or has not started a publicly available beta phase.

However, I highly encourage you to keep visiting BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone to keep up to date with any developing news regarding a new version of the CDK that would support the BlackBerry Tour.

Regards,

BlackBerry Customer Support
    1-877-255-2377 (North America Toll Free)
    0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK Only)
    +44 1753 558400 (Outside UK)
    1-519-888-6181 (Worldwide)
    [email protected]

Need BlackBerry Answers in a hurry? Just ask your BlackBerry smartphone a question.
    Click the Help icon or visit mobile.blackberry.com from your BlackBerry smartphone today!

Have you been on the BlackBerry Support Community Forums?
    Get started at supportforums.blackberry.com to discuss BlackBerry solutions with users just like you!
    07-22-09 05:33 PM
    I'm DYING to get a new theme on this phone!!!
    07-22-09 07:37 PM
    I'm DYING to get a new theme on this phone!!!
    Me too!!!!! Sprint only comes with one theme, at least with the curve it had a few.
    07-22-09 09:53 PM
    is it really hard to port the code over for the tour? i imagine it would take their programmers a day or two tops.
    07-24-09 12:41 PM
    ^It's not just the code. It's the whole design of the plasmic they have to set for the tour.
    07-24-09 02:09 PM
    This blows.

08-04-09 05:45 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD