Hey everyone,

So following up a few weeks after I finished my Semper Fi, theme for the Tour I have developed this little guy which I'm calling "Zen Plus". This theme borrows several ideas from themes I've seen in the forums and I combined them into one theme.

FEATURES
    **Hidden Today area with 6 slots
    **Hidden Dock with 6 icons linked to Hidden Today Area (lower dock area) (Thanks goes out to Matt Ginsberg from Matt Ginsberg | Web and Graphic Designer | Blackberry Theme Developer for his help on this)
    **Clickable clock and Manage Connections area on home screen (again thanks Matt for the assist on this on).
    ** 3G logo replaces 1XEV
    ** 4 user define icons along the left side - linked to Hidden Today Area
    **Weather Slot on both Home screen and Lock screen. Use App Slot 1 when setting up your menu.
    **Transitions included and Wallpaper friendly on both Home and Lock screens.

For the Hidden Dock, you use the $ (updated on version 1.0.4) to bring it up and the ESCAPE key to hide it.

The screen shots below are from the BB Simulator.

All comments and suggestions welcomed!

Again, I do this has a hobby and always looking for ways to improve my theme building skills. A big thank you to Matt and the other developers for giving me pointers!

No OTA for this theme because I don't have anywhere to host it so grab the ZIP file and install the theme via Desktop Manager.

**UPDATE v1.0.2**
    **Home screen now has 4 user defined icons along the left
    **Added docking bars
    **Increased Menu font to improve visibility

**UPDATE v1.0.3**
    **Revamped font colors to better increase visibility
    **Weather Slot now highlights when focused on
    **Screen Transitions set to mirrors Storm 2's transitions.

**UPDATE v1.0.4
    **Fixed Incoming Call Text alignment
    **Changed Hidden Dock to launch by using $ to allow use of Quick Launch
    **Changed background image of dialog box
    **Changed banners on both Home and Applications screen to a clear banner.

OTA is up and can be reach at the following site: MyBBOTA.com Download - Zen Plus - Hidden Dock Weather slot

A big thank you to vballer for the help finding a host for the OTA files!
    Last edited by ben.keen; 05-12-10 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Theme Updated
    05-07-10 08:45 AM
    Looks good! Will give it a try when I get home
    05-07-10 09:29 AM
    Looks good! Will give it a try when I get home

Awesome! Let me know how you like it. If you have any recommendations on ways to improve it let me know. I've been running it on my Tour for the past few hours and its been steady and smooth.
    05-07-10 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the shout - theme looks good.
    05-07-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the shout - theme looks good.
    No problem man, it was only with your help that I got the SVG to work right. Now to figure out what I want to get into next with the next theme I come up with.
    05-07-10 10:46 AM
    i just download your theme and really like it. the only thing i would like to see different is making the menu with bigger font or bold. It's just a little hard to read.

other than that... good job
    05-07-10 04:15 PM
    i just download your theme and really like it. the only thing i would like to see different is making the menu with bigger font or bold. It's just a little hard to read.

other than that... good job
    thanks for the feedback! do you mean the fonts in the pop up menu? if so i can increase it. i've noticed that on my tour the third icon on the left doesn't go to the today area so i'm going to correct that and then republish the files.
    05-07-10 04:56 PM
    Theme is awesome!!!

Super fast, super functional!

Works really well on my dad's tour, and is really simple. I guess the font could be a bit bigger, but its not that big of a deal.
    05-09-10 06:16 PM
    Will you host an ota?
    05-09-10 07:51 PM
    Will you host an ota?
    If I had someone to host an OTA I would post it but I don't have anyone to host it. If I can find someone to host it I'll put an OTA up. Right now, I just have the ALX and COD files in the ZIP file to load through via Desktop Manager.
    05-09-10 09:38 PM
    Nice looking theme. Any chance of moving weather icon to top banner so as to leave more room for wallpaper?
    05-10-10 08:29 AM
    If I had someone to host an OTA I would post it but I don't have anyone to host it. If I can find someone to host it I'll put an OTA up. Right now, I just have the ALX and COD files in the ZIP file to load through via Desktop Manager.
    Give 'em a shot! MyBBOTA.com
    05-10-10 09:31 AM
    Nice looking theme. Any chance of moving weather icon to top banner so as to leave more room for wallpaper?
    I'm still learning on working with the whole banner area which is a little tricky with you start to add things to it but I'll give it a try for sure. The other thing I was thinking was making the icon hide when focused out and then come back when focused on or linking it to the hidden dock so that you can press the SPACE bar to bring it up...thoughts?
    05-10-10 09:33 AM
    Give 'em a shot! MyBBOTA.com
    Thanks man, I'll give them a shot for sure!
    05-10-10 09:36 AM
    Thanks man, I'll give them a shot for sure!
    Well worth it!!!
    05-10-10 09:51 AM
    Well worth it!!!
    I got all signed up and I'm creating the COD file now...stayed tune for OTA link!
    05-10-10 10:18 AM
    Good deal, thanks!!!
    05-10-10 10:22 AM
    Well worth it!!!
    Okay, finally got the OTA uploaded! The link is up in the original post. If it doesn't work, please let me know! Again, thanks for the help on this one!!
    05-10-10 11:18 AM
    Okay, finally got the OTA uploaded! The link is up in the original post. If it doesn't work, please let me know! Again, thanks for the help on this one!!
    Downloading now! Great job!
    05-10-10 01:12 PM
    I'm really liking the looks of this one..

the clickable banner and hidden dock make this one of the most feature-full Precision-plus type themes...

my only question is can the space bar to launch the hidden dock be changed? that's the only thing that would keep me from using this because I can't have the space key taken away from ShortcutMe/QuickLaunch.. if the hidden dock activation was something no other app uses like Z/alt+Z, this would be the best Zen Precision theme out by far...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 05-12-10 at 03:05 AM.
    05-12-10 01:50 AM
    I'm really liking the looks of this one..

the clickable banner and hidden dock make this one of the most feature-full Precision-plus type themes...

only question is can the space to launch the hidden dock be changed? that's the only thing that would keep me from using this because I can't have the space key being taken away from ShortcutMe/QuickLaunch.. if the hidden dock button was something no other app uses like Z/alt+Z, this would be the best Zen Precision theme out by far...
    I can make the change in the coding so that "z" brings up the Hidden Dock, that's not a problem! I don't use Quick Launch so I didn't even think about when I was making this theme. Give me a few minutes once I get to the office and I'll make the change and post it both on here as a ZIP file so it can be loaded via Desktop Manager and I'll also post the OTA.

Thanks for the input!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 03:05 AM
    Love the look of this theme, but after downloading, don't see it among my Themes or in Downloads folder.

Any tips on how to find it on my Tour? And will gladly kick in some $$ to [email protected] for this nice piece of work
    05-12-10 12:10 PM
    Love the look of this theme, but after downloading, don't see it among my Themes or in Downloads folder.

Any tips on how to find it on my Tour? And will gladly kick in some $$ to [email protected] for this nice piece of work
    hey thanks for the comment. I sent you a PM with some stuff to try to get the theme to show up in the theme menu of your device
    05-12-10 12:35 PM
    sweet... thanks for being responsive to feedback and so quick about it!

this is a zen precision theme at heart but with a ton of added features... i'm lovin it..
    05-13-10 04:15 AM
    sweet... thanks for being responsive to feedback and so quick about it!

this is a zen precision theme at heart but with a ton of added features... i'm lovin it..
    That is what I was going for . I didn't want to get to fancy with it but still wanted something that was more than just the stock Zen Precision Theme.

I'm working version 2.0 right now which will including a sliding dock and maybe some icon animation.
    05-13-10 04:38 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD