I will d/l now

Edit: oh, is there a 4.7 w/ hid today and no weather?
    Wasn't sure this would be asked for. Will create now. SMS or BBM?
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 06:59 PM.
    11-17-09 04:52 PM
    What do you guys think of this. It's the same layout as the original, but all the bottom doc icons (Messages, SMS, Contacts, Calendar, Browser) are hidden. As you scroll through them, they appear in the icon slot (far left) next to their app name. As you can see in this first screen shot, I've scrolled to calendar. In the next one, messages (ignore the weather app, I added it). The icons always appear in the same place, as does the app name. Make sense? Worthwhile?

Update: If you want to try it out, here are the OTA links. Hidden apps are Messages, SMS, Contacts, Calendar, Browser. Hidden Today for Messages and Calendar. Weather Slot (1st app). Same homescreen hotlinks as front page version of this theme.

With weather slot

5.0 -- Hidden Icons / Today with weather OTA

4.7 -- Hidden Icons / Today with weather OTA

No weather slot

5.0 -- Hidden Icons / Today no weather OTA

4.7 -- Hidden Icons / Today no weather OTA

Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 10:45 PM.
    11-17-09 05:26 PM
    Make sense? Worthwhile?
    **** yes, I've never seen that in a theme. That would be awesome.

Can you make it with a hidden today? How cool would that be
    11-17-09 07:15 PM
    It has a hidden today. Added the OTA link in the post above for anyone interested in giving it a shot.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 08:25 PM.
    11-17-09 08:19 PM
    Excellent theme, I'm using it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:59 PM
    Just keeps getting better!! Unfortunately I am not able to download the hidden version for 4.7 OS. Says its not supported. Anyone else with the same problem?

11-17-09 09:06 PM
    Just keeps getting better!! Unfortunately I am not able to download the hidden version for 4.7 OS. Says its not supported. Anyone else with the same problem?

yea, same error here to on 4.7.....perhaps the link is for 5.0?
    11-17-09 09:24 PM
    I have one question. Other people have stated that QL has a shortcut. What is it? Space bar does not work for me. Is there a way to turn it on?
    11-17-09 09:33 PM
    Unfortunately I am not able to download the hidden version for 4.7 OS. Says its not supported. Anyone else with the same problem?
    Sorry guys. Forgot to change the link from FTP to HTTP when I copied it over. They should be working now.

I have one question. Other people have stated that QL has a shortcut. What is it? Space bar does not work for me. Is there a way to turn it on?
    You have to already have QL installed. If you do, pressing the spacebar from the homescreen should launch it.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 09:46 PM.
    11-17-09 09:43 PM
    I do have QL already installed, and pressing the space bar does nothing. I mapped it to the left side button, but the space bar would be better.
    11-17-09 09:47 PM
    I do have QL already installed, and pressing the space bar does nothing. I mapped it to the left side button, but the space bar would be better.
    Which version are you using? I'll double check it.
    11-17-09 10:05 PM
    Foppa, the hidden icons one is absolutely amazing. Its the best yet. I prefer one with no weather icon but hey no worries. This is a thought though, in the bottom left of the screen in the black bar why not put the date there when nothing is highlighted or active. That may balance out your layout then and give everyone the date function they are looking for. Oh yeah and could it be possible to scroll up into the today area on the sms/mms icon when the new texts arrive?

11-17-09 10:21 PM
    Foppa, the hidden icons one is absolutely amazing. Its the best yet. I prefer one with no weather icon but hey no worries. This is a thought though, in the bottom left of the screen in the black bar why not put the date there when nothing is highlighted or active. That may balance out your layout then and give everyone the date function they are looking for. Oh yeah and could it be possible to scroll up into the today area on the sms/mms icon when the new texts arrive?
    I'm sure I'll do one with no weather slot. Probably tonight.

I thought about putting the date in that spot, but I don't know how to fade it in and out based on whether the app is showing or not. And I figured seeing the app name was more important than the date. Will keep playing with it.

And apparently, in 5.0 new texts no longer show up in the SMS today section. Are you seeing new text in the 4.7 version? I thought I made it so you could scroll into the today section.
    11-17-09 10:32 PM
    I'm sure I'll do one with no weather slot. Probably tonight.

I thought about putting the date in that spot, but I don't know how to fade it in and out based on whether the app is showing or not. And I figured seeing the app name was more important than the date. Will keep playing with it.

And apparently, in 5.0 new texts no longer show up in the SMS today section. Are you seeing new text in the 4.7 version? I thought I made it so you could scroll into the today section.
    Cool. Sounds good.

I am using 4.7, I'm a bit nervous to upgrade to 5.0 os with out an official release. The new texts do show up in the today area, just can't roll up to them.

11-17-09 10:46 PM
    OK. I added no weather version to the original post back on page three. I guess at some point I need to move those to page 1 or a new post.
    11-17-09 10:46 PM
    The new texts do show up in the today area, just can't roll up to them.
    Just reposted the Hidden with weather 4.7 version. Should be able to navigate to new SMS texts in the hidden today. Let me know if it doesn't work.

I am using 4.7, I'm a bit nervous to upgrade to 5.0 os with out an official release.
    I can appreciate that. I've been running hybrids from Irtehun (bbhybrids.net) for months now. I've probably installed 10 new versions as they come out and I've never had a single issue. My phone runs faster and the threaded SMS is very nice. I will say the cell signal in the 5.0.0.230-based hybrids seems to jump around a lot, but I've never had a problem when on a call.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 10:58 PM.
    11-17-09 10:54 PM
    Possibly so. However, I had to resize the icons in order to make them fit in the bottom dock. This was easier using predefined apps / icons. I haven't played around with the new theme builder enough to know if I can have the apps be user defined and still have the icons be resized to fit. My first attempt pointed to no, but I haven't revisited. I will at some point. But for now ...
    Thanks for the consideration. I've just downloaded Theme Builder 5.0 and have not been able to figure it out yet. Hopefully, at some point I'll have enough peace & quiet to do that.
    11-18-09 05:31 AM
    Just reposted the Hidden with weather 4.7 version. Should be able to navigate to new SMS texts in the hidden today. Let me know if it doesn't work.

I can appreciate that. I've been running hybrids from Irtehun (bbhybrids.net) for months now. I've probably installed 10 new versions as they come out and I've never had a single issue. My phone runs faster and the threaded SMS is very nice. I will say the cell signal in the 5.0.0.230-based hybrids seems to jump around a lot, but I've never had a problem when on a call.

Thanks on both the theme and the input. Even with the stock 4.7 OS my cell signal jumps around too, the only place its constant is on the interstate or at my desk at work. I might take a look at the hybrids this weekend, i did enjoy threaded SMS on the env Touch before i came back to Blackberry.
    11-18-09 07:51 AM
    Would you consider changing PRIORITY 1 emails to blue?
    11-18-09 08:11 AM
    Any consideration for the message icon to be in one corner or the other?

EDIT - nevermind I just looked closer at the hidden icon version.... It is GREAT!!!

Last edited by Notrega; 11-18-09 at 08:47 AM.
    11-18-09 08:42 AM
    Would you consider changing PRIORITY 1 emails to blue?
    Not a bad idea. Might fit the color scheme a little better. The issue is that I now have almost 20 versions. Which are you using?
    11-18-09 09:24 AM
    Any consideration for the message icon to be in one corner or the other?

EDIT - nevermind I just looked closer at the hidden icon version.... It is GREAT!!!
    SMS/BBM was put at the far left on purpose, as it has no today functionality in 5.0 and I wanted the left most icon to be able to scroll up to the weather slot.

But as you point out, in the hidden icon version I thought it best to be able to scroll all the way to the left to see messages. And you have to go to the clock or battery (options) to get to the weather slot.
    11-18-09 09:26 AM
    Is there anyway you could make room for more notification icons? I really like this theme and the icons used in it but I need to be able to have the ability for more than 3 new notification icons to show up.
    11-18-09 09:43 AM
    I just attempted to download the 5.0 SMS/MMS Zen with weather and it doesn't show up in my themes. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Cancel that! I downloaded 5.0 when I'm running on 4.7. My mistake. :-D
    Last edited by enwhykay; 11-18-09 at 10:05 AM.
    11-18-09 09:53 AM
    Not a bad idea. Might fit the color scheme a little better. The issue is that I now have almost 20 versions. Which are you using?
    I am using the original 5.0 w/Weather. I actually tried to create the same but I am getting stuck on how to the hidden. Was going to ask you if you'd consider sending files. But I just really wanted to change priority to blue, add a bolder text and a few icons changes.....but I am stressed from trying to figure it on on composer and theme generator. So if you do the Blue, I am cool.

I tried the new variation with hidden icons, sweet a$$ idea, but I did not like having to scroll thru them all. So I am back at your original.

Funny, I have deleted all my other free and paid themes for this to free up some space. I was thinking of a theme in my head and we have similar tastes.

If you need help, just ask and I will try.
    11-18-09 10:13 AM
184 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD