Yep. Littleton here. And big Avs fan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 04:13 PM
    Probably not the right place for this, but thought it might interest you... (let me know if you are interested and I can provide his contact info)

DC on these forms does NHL Themes. He did a custom Avs one for me.

Let me know if you want me to remove this post and I will.
    11-16-09 04:30 PM
    Let me know if you want me to remove this post and I will.
    No worries. Very nice.
    11-16-09 04:31 PM
    walls and icons are nice, theme looks good
    11-16-09 07:07 PM
    Great theme!!! love everything about it!!! Especially the font! Lol! I know that sounds crazy, but thank you!

11-16-09 08:13 PM
    I really like your icons and was hoping you could change the look/feel of the BBM icon on the screen to match w/ the 4 other pre-defined icons?
    i love this theme, but agree with the bbm thing
    Updated BBM Version to have same icon look as SMS. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-16-09 at 10:27 PM.
    11-16-09 10:23 PM
    Yes, did you see the 21 in my screen name? He has always been my favorite player. Are you in Colorado? I live in CO...
    Foppa & HockeyBerry21: I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing him in a Canucks uniform LOL! p.s. sorry about the other night

Foppa: thanks for the theme. I am always on the lookout for good wallpaper friendly themes that include spacebar=QL, and yours fits the bill very nicely. Awesome work! I also like the fonts, and it seems very fast. Excellent.

One minor issue is that I have WeatherBug in the 1st slot, and it looks like this:

Would it be possible to make it so that the "WeatherBug" text does not display?

Thanks again. Cheers!
    11-16-09 10:31 PM
    One minor issue is that I have WeatherBug in the 1st slot. Would it be possible to make it so that the "WeatherBug" text does not display?
    I wonder how this would play out. Being a BerryWeather guy, I like being able to have the clean sun/moon/clouds icon with the temp next to it. Wasn't sure how other weather programs would handle this.

I probably will create another version that does now show the application name (temp) next to the weather slot icon. Stay tuned.
    11-16-09 10:46 PM
    I probably will create another version that does now show the application name (temp) next to the weather slot icon. Stay tuned.
    That's great Foppa! Another option that I would be happy with would be a version that doesn't have a weather slot at all. But either way! Thanks!
    11-16-09 11:21 PM
    Huh! I went into WeatherBug and exited, and now the temperature is displaying:

So, it looks like nothing needs to be done in that regard!

Thanks foppa!
    11-16-09 11:34 PM
    I wonder how this would play out. Being a BerryWeather guy, I like being able to have the clean sun/moon/clouds icon with the temp next to it. Wasn't sure how other weather programs would handle this.

Actually I use weather bug at it shows the temp nxt to the weather. Sometimes u have to click on it, sort of like refreshing it then weatherbug is up and running showing the temp. I think the person that requested that, didn't refresh his weather bug. So u shouldn't have to change anything.

11-16-09 11:39 PM
    This is perhaps one of the top 5 themes out there currently after the tweaks the author did.

However, there is no need to disable the weatherbug text next to the icon, because if you have BERRYweather and don't want to see it, just disable the text display from within the berryweather options.

I use weatherbug because it's the only one that displays the forecast in the icon text, so I need a theme that will allow this to show.

thanks again, great theme.
    11-17-09 02:50 AM
    Absolutely smokin'! Clean, functional, professional. (Voice of StrongBad)"Now that's what I'm talking about!"
    11-17-09 02:59 AM
    This theme is by far the most responsive and clearly laid out theme I've used. Nice job! I do have one suggestion though, could you make it so the fonts are user selectable in the theme? I know many of us like to have the fonts smaller in the sms & email in-boxes & out-boxes. thanks!
    Last edited by j.palik; 11-17-09 at 08:48 AM.
    11-17-09 08:17 AM
    I love this theme!!! My only complaint is not having the date listed on the home screen. That's just me being picky tho! Good job!

11-17-09 09:05 AM
    Thanks for all the kind words. Glad to hear that I don't have to create variations 9 - 12 that remove "weather text," although I may still create a weatherless version.

As for user-defined fonts, I am by no means a theme professional. I just decided I couldn't find a theme that was just right for me so I went about trying to figure out how to do this. I downloaded Plazmic just over a week ago, and Theme Builder exactly a week ago. I've figured out a few things along theme way (resizing icons, QL spacebar hotkey -- woo hoo!), but certainly not all the tricks. One of the things I haven’t figured out is user-defined fonts. I will undoubtedly continue to look around and tune and tweak this theme (or do a new version), but I can't promise I'll get to this one in the near future.

As for the date, this has been in and out of my earlier versions. One of my personal demons (just ask my wife), is that I really like balance (wall hangings, room layout, etc). Thus, my theme has to be balanced. If I can figure out how to fit the date in there without affecting the balance. I will. What might have to go is Application Name as the logical place for the date is right above the clock. I figure we should all know what day it is, but I guess there is value in seeing the date.

Please keep the ideas and thoughts and requests coming. I may not implement them all, but I like to have ideas to think through. Cheers.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 10:09 AM.
    11-17-09 09:44 AM
    How's the lag on the 4.7 theme, anyone care to comment on that for me real quick?? (before i download reboot the phone for 20mintues etcc )
    Last edited by webmastir; 11-17-09 at 11:42 AM.
    11-17-09 11:18 AM
    Updated BBM Version to have same icon look as SMS. Thanks for the feedback.
    Great! Thanks Foppa. Good stuff! I noticed today once I downloaded the new version, BBM Today for 4.7, from the new BBM icon on the homescreen, you can no longer navigate to the weather slot. To get to the weather slot, you'll need to navigate to the Battery/Options icon. Can you fix the nav from the BBM icon to the weather slot?
    11-17-09 11:31 AM
    Absolutely amazing, I've been waiting for this theme.
    11-17-09 11:46 AM
    Great! Thanks Foppa. Good stuff! I noticed today once I downloaded the new version, BBM Today for 4.7, from the new BBM icon on the homescreen, you can no longer navigate to the weather slot. To get to the weather slot, you'll need to navigate to the Battery/Options icon. Can you fix the nav from the BBM icon to the weather slot?
    I did this on purpose, but maybe I shouldn't have. With OS 5.0, you can no longer see SMS messages on the today screen like you could with 4.7. So when I made a 4.7 build, I navigated from the SMS/BBM icon to the today are thinking this is what you'd want to do. But if this isn't, I can turn it back into a SMS/BBM to Weather slot navigation.

Any other thoughts from anyone on this. Anyone using OS 4.7 see SMS or BBM messages in the today area? Thanks.

BTW, you can also get to the weather slot from the clock.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 12:00 PM.
    11-17-09 11:58 AM
    Love the theme and its a favorite. Only changes I would make is a non waether version and make the messages folder the far left spot....

11-17-09 12:28 PM
    Been running this theme on 4.7 for a little bit now. Here's my thoughts, for what they're worth:
    Theme looks great with any walpaper. Uses very little space.
    Very fast. I've experienced no lag with about 120 MB free.
    Icons are very good looking. In fact, I'd suggest you create another "normal" theme that shows those sexy icons off.
    Perfect for use with Weatherbug. Many themes do not allow it to constantly display the temp. This one does and it keeps one from scrolling to the icon to see current temp.
    The quicklaunch shortcut is a big plus. I personally don't use themes that don't have it. To me, scrolling to an icon to activate QL kind of defeats the purpose.

My only complaint (or wish)....
    The date does not show on the screen. I find myself frequently pulling out my phone to check the date either for myself or if someone asks me for it. I understand why you didn't implement it, and I'm still going to use the heck out of this theme anyways.
    Other than that, to me personally, this theme is perfect. Thank you!

**EDIT** I also believe that for some reason, this theme has better battery life than others. IDK why or how, but I've been using the crap out of my Tour today, yet the battery level is higher than under normal use. Anyone else seeing that?
    Last edited by jjdustr340; 11-17-09 at 01:05 PM.
    11-17-09 01:02 PM
    Love the theme and its a favorite. Only changes I would make is a non waether version and make the messages folder the far left spot....
    Well, if Notrega is going to be so picky...

Ok Foppa, just throwing these thoughts out because I am a wally-freak and if I could, I would like to see the home screens have options to be completely blank! So take these thoughts for what they are worth, because your theme is awesome as is. Here they are:

- a non-weather version would nice

- I would also like to see the message(s) icons more out of the way, but the only way I think you could do that would be to move them to the very top of the screen (which I personally would prefer)

- an option to scroll down and make the entire bottom bar disappear! I know, I know - crazy talk lol!

- alternately, making the bottom bar and the icons half of their current height.

- regarding the date, I actually like it not cluttering the home screen. But would it be possible to display it on the top of the applications screen? It would then just be a button click away.

Cheers!
    11-17-09 01:53 PM
    Instead of working today, I couldn't help creating a no-weather-slot version. I only did Zen versions as I figured if you don't want the weather on your homescreen, you probably don't want today stuff either. Interestingly, I also tried putting in a more exciting default wallpaper, but it just increased the theme size by 250k. That certainly doesn't seem worth it as most people go with their own wallpaper anyway.

Links are on the front page of this post. That’s it for now.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 11-17-09 at 06:59 PM.
    11-17-09 04:30 PM
    I will d/l now

Edit: oh, is there a 4.7 w/ hid today and no weather?
    11-17-09 04:33 PM
184 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD