I will open this post with this caveat:

I created this theme for myself. I had downloaded, purchased and used many themes and while I enjoyed almost every one I tried, there wasn't one that had every feature I wanted. Personally, I was looking for something that suited my desire for optimum information display with little to no "bells and whistles" in terms of animation and such. I have always been a fan of small fonts which allow for as much info as possible to be displayed on the Today screen. I am aware that my preference for this will alienate many of you who need/prefer large fonts. I'm sorry for that, but again this theme was made for my own personal use. I was pleased enough with the results that I wanted to share it so maybe others with similar wants will benefit from it.

I'm not saying I won't further develop the theme, but I doubt that I will be able to take many requests for personalization.

Here are some screenshots and some features:

Features:

- No animations, therefore no lag whatsoever.
    - Maximum Today screen output - 10 items per screen.
    - 3 small left-side icons for Today use; dock icons will display Today but only the small icons allow for Today area scrolling.
    - 10 fully customizable Home Screen icons
    - User-controlled Message List and Menu fonts (honors setting in Screen/Keyboard).
    - Designed for optimal use of space.
    - File size under 300kb.

OTA: http://www.hyperplexia.net/x/H/Relea..._Hypaereon.jad

Curve 8900 version by request: http://www.hyperplexia.net/x/H/Relea...ereon_8900.jad (untested)
    Due to requests, I have exported an 8900 version of this theme. It is untested (I haven't been able to take the time to grab the 8900 device simulator yet), so I do hope it works well.

UPDATED - v1.2: Tab Focus highlight added to homescreen icons. Thanks to jayjay7411 for the help with this.
    Screenshots with new Focus Tab:

I hope those of you who find utility in this theme enjoy it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 09-12-09 at 05:05 PM. Reason: New Version Updates
    09-11-09 05:44 PM
    this is a neat theme i love the concept, only suggestion would be that when you navigate on the homescreen to different icons sometimes you cant tell which one it is on, suggestion some sort of mini icon when highlighted. other than great job!
    09-11-09 06:33 PM
    That's the one thing I haven't been able to figure out: how to get a home screen focus tab when using a custom SVG. I imagine it's a setting in Composer that I'm missing.

And thank you for the kind words.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 09-11-09 at 06:44 PM.
    09-11-09 06:40 PM
    i really like this one alot. just a question to ask will you be doing any others like this with just a bottom dock only or this theme is it.
    09-11-09 06:46 PM
    Glad you like it.
    I don't know what themes I will put together in the future. The point of this theme was mainly to make as much use of the Today screen as possible. If there is enough call for it and I have the time to work on them it is possible I could throw others together. Do you mean just a bottom dock with no Today or a bottom dock without the small side icons but still a Today section?
    09-11-09 06:51 PM
    This is so nice! Looks and sounds like you spent a lot of time perfecting. Thank you and have a great weekend.
    09-11-09 07:32 PM
    I have to say that this is a wonderful theme. I think the functionality of it is awesome. Just curious though, is it even possible to display items from the 'Task' program on the today screen? That would probably be the only thing to make this theme perfect for me. Thanks again Hyper!
    09-11-09 07:42 PM
    I don't believe it is possible to display Tasks on the Today screen; it is a functionality that is built into the OS. The only items that can display Today text are Messages, SMS & MMS, Call Log and Calendar.

I'm really glad people are enjoying this theme. Thanks so much for the kind words.
    09-11-09 07:46 PM
    I REALLY love the fact that this calender displays 10 events on the home screen. For that purpose alone, I think I will be using this as my main theme because it allows me to keep very organized. One question, what weather app are you using? When I seem to use the free weatherbug edition, it doesnt seem to display the weather on the main screen.
    09-11-09 08:03 PM
    I'm using BerryWeather. To have it display in the top icon section, make it your 10th icon on the Application screen.
    09-11-09 08:23 PM
    Wow man,

Wow.
    09-11-09 08:27 PM
    this is a neat theme i love the concept, only suggestion would be that when you navigate on the homescreen to different icons sometimes you cant tell which one it is on, suggestion some sort of mini icon when highlighted. other than great job!
    I second this, it's the one (minor) thing keeping this theme from being perfect for me. Not a big deal, but a it makes you have to work a little harder to see which app is selected on the homescreen.

Great theme!!
    09-11-09 08:59 PM
    Once I figure out setting a tab focus with a custom svg you can be sure it'll be added.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 09:02 PM
    I'm using BerryWeather. To have it display in the top icon section, make it your 10th icon on the Application screen.
    Where'd you get BerryWeather? I love your theme btw!
    09-11-09 09:02 PM
    BerryWeather is made by BellShare and is available at MobiHand & CrackBerry too. It's my favorite weather app. Not free but worth it.

09-11-09 09:09 PM
    This is a great theme. I love all the open space for wallpapers on the home screen. The mini icons on the left are awesome. Simply, there is no clutter with the icons. Thank you for sharing!
    09-11-09 10:31 PM
    OP updated to version 1.2 - Tab Focus added to homescreen icons.
    Many thanks to jayjay7411 for the help with figuring that out!
    09-11-09 11:10 PM
    Pure goodness!!!

09-11-09 11:42 PM
    thank yoou...nice theme.
    09-12-09 01:27 AM
    Would you consider different icon sets? More like the 8300 style or something like that. Personally I have never been a fan of the new outline style icons. It's not that they are bad, but are hard for an old geezer like me to see clearly sometimes and make out what they are. They don't need to be bigger, just a bit more solid, but like I said that's all personal preference.

Regardless of my opinion on the icons though, this is one excellent looking theme sir. Very nice work.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 09-12-09 at 11:03 AM.
    09-12-09 10:58 AM
    When I made the theme, I decided that I enjoyed the uniqueness of the Precision icon set and its moderately tech-y look. For the time being, I don't really have any plans to implement new icons, but I'll keep any and all posted if I do change my mind.

I'm really glad people are enjoying this theme!
    09-12-09 11:17 AM
    Any chance of a 8900 version coming?
    09-12-09 02:43 PM
    Very nice theme, however my MeterBerry icon is not changing every so many seconds like it should. Anyone else notice this?

09-12-09 02:49 PM
    simple, clean elegant, easy on the eyes.
    09-12-09 03:03 PM
    SevereDeceit: which slot are you putting meterberry in? If you're using any iof the small icons, they won't update or refresh. If not, I honestly can't say why. My BerryWeather icon updates smoothly. Resized icons on the homescreen do not update regularly. The bottom dock icons and the weather slot are not resized and should update. If anyone has insight into this, please speak up. I don't have MeterBerry so I can't test it.

Stormchaser: I originally only intended to make it for the Tour but I'll see what I can do.

09-12-09 03:23 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD