This theme reflects something near and dear to my heart. I have been working on this one for weeks off and on because I feel this has not been done and should be to show thanks to those who served their country and never came back. Please do not show any disrespect to them by posting adversarial comments. I hope my work has done their memory justice.

A little bit about the theme...

It has custom wallpapers for the homescreen, app screen and lockscreen. Icons on the homescreen are user definable but text apparently is set to the size because I have yet to get that to work as user definable. Weather slot is first position on the app screen. For those of you with QuickLaunch, well the spacebar is set as a shortcut. Its a medium size file but runs surprisingly smooth and I did not even reboot my phone after install before putting it through its paces. Hopefully any of you who use it will have the same luck.

Here are the screenshots:

Homescreen....

App Screen....

Lockscreen....

Install via OTA

DON"T FORGET YOUR BATTERY PULL!!!!

SIDE NOTE: I am also in the process of creating service related themes for all five branches and will hopefully have them up soon. They too will be totally free of charge as I refuse to charge or accept donations from someone who protected my freedoms. Thank you all for your dedication and service.
    10-18-09 10:11 PM
    Great stuff bro. The men and women who serve this country really are the true heros. Way to put it out there.

I think you know what this symbol means 1*

: )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:24 PM
    wow,u did a great job here,i seen some guys on here asking for someone to get this done,and as we can all c,u did a fantastic job,this theme looks great,u rock gmkahuna,thank u for taking time out to get this done,and thanks to all the men and women who serve our country.
    10-18-09 10:39 PM
    My father and brother are retired military. I kind of felt a bit compelled to do something. I currently work in a round about way with the Dept of the Army in one of their programs.

and yeah CK, I know what 1* is bro!

BigDog, Thanks m'man. It's not the best out there, but I hope it serves whomever uses it well.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 10-19-09 at 06:52 AM.
    10-19-09 06:47 AM
    Great theme. I'll be very interested to see the USAF theme when you get them done!

Wes Watson, Capt
    USAF
    10-19-09 09:13 AM
    This theme reflects something near and dear to my heart. I have been working on this one for weeks off and on because I feel this has not been done and should be to show thanks to those who served their country and never came back. Please do not show any disrespect to them by posting adversarial comments. I hope my work has done their memory justice.

A little bit about the theme...

It has custom wallpapers for the homescreen, app screen and lockscreen. Icons on the homescreen are user definable but text apparently is set to the size because I have yet to get that to work as user definable. Weather slot is first position on the app screen. For those of you with QuickLaunch, well the spacebar is set as a shortcut. Its a medium size file but runs surprisingly smooth and I did not even reboot my phone after install before putting it through its paces. Hopefully any of you who use it will have the same luck.

Here are the screenshots:

Homescreen....

App Screen....

Lockscreen....

Install via OTA

DON"T FORGET YOUR BATTERY PULL!!!!

SIDE NOTE: I am also in the process of creating service related themes for all five branches and will hopefully have them up soon. They too will be totally free of charge as I refuse to charge or accept donations from someone who protected my freedoms. Thank you all for your dedication and service.
    Great job gmkahuna!!
    10-19-09 11:39 AM
    Thanks guys, I'm still working with others trying to get some feedback on the other themes for the individual branches. I am going to see about a faded underlay like this has on each of the others as well. Try to break up the stark contrast a bit. Once I get the first one done, the rest will be a cake walk.
    10-19-09 06:30 PM
    It would be cool if you did that same lock screen for all the different branches. This one looks good, and I am looking forward to the Army one.
    10-19-09 07:38 PM
    Had planned on that Heavy. I like that one alot myself too.
    10-19-09 07:43 PM
    This is a great theme! It is very responsive, clean and great color choice. All that technical stuff aside....and a whole lot of meaning!
    10-19-09 09:39 PM
    I was a soldier in the Army and just wanted to say thank you for a great theme and for paying tribute to us. I look forward to your branch specific theme!!!! God Bless!
    10-20-09 06:47 PM
    sweet cant wait to try it
    10-21-09 10:47 PM
    I love it! I'm def going to use it after Halloween.
    10-22-09 08:05 AM
    how do you get the calendar information to display on the home screen?
    10-22-09 01:24 PM
    when you scroll across the calendar icon, it should pop up automatically or that's what its set to do. Once that is on your screen you can scroll up and down to select whatever entry you want and click it to open your calendar.

This will open whatever you have set as your default calendar.
    10-22-09 07:26 PM
    Have been using this since you posted it. Love it - thank you!

Question - in Profiles the only text visible is when you scroll over the selection. Otherwise, profile window only shows icons with no text (like black text on black background).

This happened in QL window also, but changing text color in QL corrected that.

Any suggestions?
    10-23-09 06:35 AM
    Hmmm, I'll look at that and see if I can fix it Jonny. I hadn't noticed it in the profile section but there is bound to be a fix for it.

QL allows you to change your text color but uses a default at first. For anyone else with that issue all you need to do is select a lighter text color and it will fix QL.

Good find Jonny, thanks for the feedback!
    10-23-09 06:51 AM
    As a vet, let me just say thank you for this. It really is a wonderful theme. I'm anxiously awaiting your Army theme. :-)

Also, I know you said you wouldn't take donations, but have you considered putting up a link so those who are so inclined could donate on your behalf to the VA or other veterans organizations? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 04:55 PM
    JJ, THAT I will look into doing. I will be more than happy to do that part for donations.

I've been working hard on the other themes and am Very close.
    As I said, they will be ready by no later than this coming Monday now that I have a weekend and some time to devote to them.
    10-24-09 08:39 AM
    Awesome Job.... KUDOS to you!!!
    10-24-09 02:30 PM
    Military themes are up and running for download folks...

go here!!!
    10-24-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD