Just something I made for myself. Pretty much just desaturated the blue icons to give it a gray look.

Space bar launches QuickLaunch. Move BeWeather to the 7th spot and it will run on the home screen. Access BeWeather (or whatever you set the 7th icon as) by moving right from the profiles icon.

I'd like to shrink the icons at the bottom and maybe get two more in there, but QuickLaunch kind of puts that on the backburner.

Not really looking to do any personalization at this time, but I will share any modifications/improvements I may make. Again, this was just designed for my personal use, but I figured since the work was already put in, I'd go ahead and share it.

I use the 5.0 version on .419. Haven't tested the 4.7.1.

If anyone wants to host the OTA file, great. Otherwise, enjoy.

Here's an actual screenshot:

Screen captures from Theme Builder:

Last edited by paul.r; 01-12-10 at 03:33 PM.
    01-12-10 11:15 AM
    Very nice theme!
    01-12-10 02:52 PM
    Looks good. I see a minor difference in the home screen. Messages is bold, while Calendar is not. Is that done on purpose?
    01-12-10 03:18 PM
    Nope. Thanks for the catch. I did figure out how to reduce the line spacing (reduce carat size) and now have it set up for 2 emails and 6 calendar events.

Thanks for the input.

Still want to reduce the icon sizes, but having some trouble with that at the moment.

I've updated the original links.
    01-12-10 03:31 PM
    Very nice, thank you Paul! This is exactly the kind of theme I was looking for. Default icons, with messages, calendar, and weather! I like how you've increased the number of calendar entries. The small font size doesn't both me at all.

The only thing I find a little strange is how the 1XEV and coverage bars move around when going from the home screen to the icons screen. I wonder if it would look better for them to stay all the way to the right, and have the weather appear somewhere between the clock and the coverage bars?
    01-21-10 01:49 PM
    After using the theme for a while, I noticed what might be a bug. The text in selection menus / drop-down menus (not sure what they're actually called) is too big. So big that in many instances, '...' appears instead of the actual info.

For example, editing a Task. Status "Not Sta...", Priority: "Nor..." Due: "By D..." Reminder: "N..."

I tried playing with the font settings in options, but it doesn't seem to affect the font in the drop-down menus.

Any ideas?
    01-21-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD