Since we seem to be lacking on some free themes I decided to put together a new look with some of my old stuff thrown in. I came up with what you see below.

IMAGES

Homescreen (actual screen shot of my phone)

App Screen

List Screen - Multi-select is actually darker blue now though.

FEATURES

• Icons on bar enlarge when you have focus on them. (Center app does not because 80x80 is max size. That slot I used for weather to be more visible.)
    • Spacebar launches QuickLaunch.
    • Zero key (0) launches Options.
    • Money Sign Key ($) launches Profiles.
    • Four (4) dedicated Text icons for Messages, Contacts, SMS/MMS, and Calendar.
    • Fade Transitions throughout the theme.
    • User definable text size and font on most screens.
    • Eight (8) user definable Icons. (Center Icon on Icon bar is first slot, then they follow from left to right on your app screen.)
    • Works on 8900, 9630, 9650 and 9700 series blackberries.
    • Slightly large file size, 1.3 mb, (due to imagery not code) but is very fast with little or no lag.

NAVIGATION

• Calendar and Messages scroll down to hidden today.

OTA link

You may need to do a battery pull which is always recommended when you install a new theme.
    07-24-10 05:37 PM
    Very nice, smooth! I like the easy maneuvering and appearance (especially the center icon). TYVM for sharing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 07:20 PM
    Love this theme, but one tiny request... can you make the lock screen the same as the wallpaper? It will be nearly perfect for me then!

Thanks for sharing!
    07-25-10 09:49 AM
    It was supposed to be the same. Let me check on that and I will post a fix as soon as I can.
    07-25-10 11:44 AM
    It was supposed to be the same. Let me check on that and I will post a fix as soon as I can.
    Sounds great! Look forward to the fix. Love the theme....
    07-25-10 10:12 PM
    Love the theme. I love maps! As I have a 9650, I noticed the icon spot where you have the Sound/Volume Icon in your posted screen shot obstructs the wi-fi logo. If it it possible to move either one to the left a bit, that'd be cool. Thank you for sharing this.
    07-26-10 06:50 PM
    I'm gonna have a revision coming out hopefully by the weekend Mirren. I will fix that and the background.

It's taking a little longer because I am trying to make a hidden dock of sorts that only disappears when you scroll over the Messages and calendar tabs. This way we can add more entries to each of those and not have them lay in on top of the other information.
    07-26-10 07:05 PM
    Thanks. Original, readability is good (my old eyes have trouble with more than 6 icons on the 9630 screen, but 7- with weather, is still OK).

Not sure about the Text links at the bottom though. I like them, but because it's not entirely clear how to get to them (roll/scroll to either corner, then down), as well as the fact that you could go 'too far' down into the message display, as well as the fact that the four you have there are likely icons that people have on their home screen anyway, mean that it's possible that people could lose their cursor easier than normal (IMO).

Take all this feedback with a grain of salt; just some opinions to consider in case you're looking for critical feedback. In general terms, fantastic theme, but then, you probably already knew that part!

One question -- you wrote "User definable text size and font on most screens." To clarify: does that mean the font size set in 'Options/Screen-Keyboard' propagates throughout all of the theme, or does that mean that fonts can be customized at individual screens? If the latter, how would one accomplish this?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by agansler50; 07-27-10 at 10:13 AM. Reason: missing some info.
    07-27-10 10:09 AM
    I'm gonna have a revision coming out hopefully by the weekend Mirren. I will fix that and the background.

It's taking a little longer because I am trying to make a hidden dock of sorts that only disappears when you scroll over the Messages and calendar tabs. This way we can add more entries to each of those and not have them lay in on top of the other information.
    Thanks for the response gmkahuna. Looking forward to your changes.
    07-27-10 11:22 AM
    Thanks. Original, readability is good (my old eyes have trouble with more than 6 icons on the 9630 screen, but 7- with weather, is still OK).

Not sure about the Text links at the bottom though. I like them, but because it's not entirely clear how to get to them (roll/scroll to either corner, then down), as well as the fact that you could go 'too far' down into the message display, as well as the fact that the four you have there are likely icons that people have on their home screen anyway, mean that it's possible that people could lose their cursor easier than normal (IMO).

Take all this feedback with a grain of salt; just some opinions to consider in case you're looking for critical feedback. In general terms, fantastic theme, but then, you probably already knew that part!

One question -- you wrote "User definable text size and font on most screens." To clarify: does that mean the font size set in 'Options/Screen-Keyboard' propagates throughout all of the theme, or does that mean that fonts can be customized at individual screens? If the latter, how would one accomplish this?

Thanks again!
    Thanks for the response. The navigation is posted in the screen shot with the yellow lines. You don't have to scroll all the way to the ends, you can get just on either side of the weather icon in the middle and scroll down as well. I tried to make it as simple as possible to navigate but also wanted a lot of direction so it wouldn't be quite as aggravating to navigate.

The user definable means that you can set them in options with regard to size and font and they will change on which ever screens are effected by such a change. The only sizes I set were some that were specific to the backgrounds but you're call screen and menu's can definitely be set to your preferences that way. It helps my aging eyes too agansler lol. The older I get, the further away I have to hold my berry to be able to read it. That's why as cool as some of these other themes are, they kill my eyes trying to read it and I am not getting glasses for it because someone used a size 15 font .

Hopefully the icons going full size when you select them is a help to you, I know it was me and the critique is very much appreciated. I need to know what people want it to do if I am to make it to the best of my abilities.
    07-27-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD