Hey CB'ers,

I figured I'd give it a shot so here is my first theme. I love the precision icons so I remixed the 3 UI's that I enjoy (htc/PRE/BlackBerry). The banner is pre/htc-like and the icons are of course Blackberry-esque.

The menus and app screens are just standard. All fonts and menus are customizable.

On the Today Calendar version the calendar icon has been removed from the apps menu so that I could make the today calendar on the homescreen more sleek. To get to the calendar, simply scroll up your calendar entries and when the top entry is highlighted, the next one you scroll up will be the "Calendar" app that will bring you to the calendar. and if you scroll all the way up to the banner, you have scrolled too far (Sorry, I don't know any other way to remove the "Calendar" text and icon from the "today" aspect of the homescreen without doing this. I am only decent enough with themebuilder and have zero experience with composer.

I am offering this theme free but any customizations you might one I will charge $1 for.

I hope you enjoy it.

Bottom Dock

Today Calendar

Bottom Dock OTA - OTA
    Today Calendar OTA - OTA

Thanks to sicilianbadguy for the OTA hosting...
    Last edited by jumpman89; 10-20-09 at 10:18 PM. Reason: DM Files/OTA
    10-20-09 06:11 PM
    Looks great Jumpman.
    Waiting for the OTA!!
    10-20-09 06:33 PM
    PM me and I will host the OTA links.
    10-20-09 06:53 PM
    Looks great!!! Looking forward to the OTA. Thank you
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-20-09 07:06 PM
    Got a buddy who is hosting for me. Just waiting to here back from him. Thanks for the offer!

10-20-09 07:34 PM
    yes these theme is hot im rocking it now and just waiting for the ota for my gf phone.
    10-20-09 09:04 PM
    jumpman 89,
    I downloaded the calendar version of your theme via the zip file and blackberry desktop manager. This theme is great and what I have been looking for in a constant calendar. I appreciate the number of entries and the spacing between them. I also like that the title "calendar" was omitted. I also enjoy the fact that the icons are not titled on the home page.

There is one issue. The calendar icon is blank. I have attached a file to show you. The icon works fine; it opens up the calendar, it's just that the picture of the icon does not appear.

Once I saw this I performed a battery pull; but it still remained blank.

Great work on your first theme.........

Attachment 42313
    10-20-09 09:16 PM
    There is one issue. The calendar icon is blank. I have attached a file to show you. The icon works fine; it opens up the calendar, it's just that the picture of the icon does not appear.

Attachment 42313
    Refer back to the original post, read the part that starts off "On the Today Calendar version..."

I explained why I removed the title and the icon... just hide the calendar icon and scroll to the area above the top entry before you get to the profiles icon. I am new at all this and found this was the only way to use the today capabilities in themebuilder... sorry.
    10-20-09 09:43 PM
    this is a slick theme , no lag that i can see and love the flow! great job! a hidden today w/ weather icon would be cool pm me if you would take a donation to make it!
    10-20-09 10:00 PM
    Definitely digging the theme!
    10-20-09 10:09 PM
    OTA's POSTED... ENJOY
    10-20-09 10:18 PM
    Looks sweet bro!
    10-20-09 10:45 PM
    Hi jumpman,
    Congrats on your 1st theme!

I love the top banner! Nicely done.

Like another poster, I'd love to see a Hidden Today with Weather Icon for 7th slot app in top right corner.

My other criticism is that the top & bottom banners are opaque and therefore block a lot of real estate. (Wallpaper!)
    Maybe the top banner could be slightly transparent if that looked nice, but the bottom would be great without a banner at all. Just the rounded squares with animated/flash highlight.
    Just a suggestion! I hope you're not offended�

10-21-09 04:01 AM
    Hidden today request as well. Thanks!
    10-21-09 07:29 AM
    Hidden today request also...

If possible 7icons in the bottom dock...

btw theme looks great...
    10-21-09 08:41 AM
    Can we have a scrolling bottom dock?!
    10-21-09 09:11 AM
    I have been searching for a today theme forever that is free and not with those dumb iBerry blocks! This is perfect.

My calendar icon is just a box, not a little calendar symbol for some reason. I hide it anyways so its not that big of a deal. nonetheless, just a note for later improvement. Great work!
    10-21-09 11:41 AM
    I have been searching for a today theme forever that is free and not with those dumb iBerry blocks! This is perfect.

My calendar icon is just a box, not a little calendar symbol for some reason. I hide it anyways so its not that big of a deal. nonetheless, just a note for later improvement. Great work!
    The original post explains why there is no calendar icon...
    10-21-09 03:03 PM
    sweet cant wait to try it
    10-21-09 10:45 PM
    Nice! If the bottom dock and possibly the top could be semi-transparent it'd be perfect!
    10-21-09 11:34 PM
    nice little theme, great work
    10-21-09 11:35 PM
    Nice theme Jumpman. Thanks. Any further updates to this? Would love to see some minor transitions added to it. Again, thanks.
    01-10-10 09:34 PM
    Just found this theme. I'm always looking for a non-hidden today, with calender, and messages, but there not many, as good as this. I do like having at least two messages display as well. It's just my prefernece, but at minimum I like the calender always displayed. I like this theme, its useful to me, and its clean and stable. I keep and rotate thru a few themes, and this one is a keeper. Good job, and thanks for offering this free.
    01-13-10 09:46 PM
    Awesome looking theme. Like others, would love to see a weather slot.

01-14-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD