al3 - Got a problem, and I think it's theme related...
    Everytime I try to use the browser, whether I go to the icon off the home page or actually go in the bberry menu, it gives me an "uncaught exception - illegal action" error and basically freezes my blackberry up for 30 seconds or so. when I switched from this theme to the hidden x theme (no battery pull between the switches or anything) and go into the browser, it works perfectly. Any idea what might be causing this?
    BTW, I'm on the new version you posted - no hidden today w/ droid icons, and I've done all the normal battery pulls after downloading, etc. I even pulled the battery one time when it froze on the illegal action screen.
    i updated the download link for the no hidden today. Download again and let me know if it fixes the issue with the browser
    05-05-10 10:50 PM
    This theme is the best one I have seen.. It has everything that I'd ever want in a theme! Thanks for sharingb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 07:35 AM
    This theme is the best one I have seen.. It has everything that I'd ever want in a theme! Thanks for sharingb

Thank you for the feedback
    05-06-10 11:22 AM
    Never mind I am stupid I got it now lol

Well i feel dumb bc i still cant figure it out.....hahaha
    05-07-10 09:15 AM
    Well i feel dumb bc i still cant figure it out.....hahaha
    To hide the dock, scroll down to the BB logo, the scroll left of it, then click the trackball. This will hide the dock. Let me know if the helps.
    05-07-10 01:57 PM
    Any word on getting the % on the battery meter?

05-08-10 09:57 PM
    To hide the dock, scroll down to the BB logo, the scroll left of it, then click the trackball. This will hide the dock. Let me know if the helps.
    ahhhh hahha thanks so much! Did the trick!
    05-10-10 07:12 AM
    I dont normally find a theme that I use longer than a a day or 2 before going back to stock Verizon theme...I've had this one going for about a month now and it's great.
    05-18-10 12:31 PM
    I dont normally find a theme that I use longer than a a day or 2 before going back to stock Verizon theme...I've had this one going for about a month now and it's great.
    Thanks for the feedback
    05-18-10 06:22 PM
    Well, wrong thread but I feel the same way about Stormy-X. Been using it for months and months on my Tour. Thanks for sharing it.
    05-18-10 07:16 PM
    Well, wrong thread but I feel the same way about Stormy-X. Been using it for months and months on my Tour. Thanks for sharing it.
    You are welcome and glad you are enjoying the theme
    05-19-10 01:12 AM
    FREE simple theme using Droid Icons

Has the following:
    - 4 user selectable icons (bottom)
    - 6 user selectable icons (hidden dock)
    - 2 user selectable icons (Top)
    - Hidden today with 5 items
    - Hotspots for Clock, Batterry Date and signal meter
    - 3G symbol

- Shortcus:
    Spacebar launches QuickLaunch
    $ launches SMS/MMS
    @ launches Messages
    + launches calculator
    # launches Network Connections

Note:
    - Icons 1 - 4 are bottom icons
    - Icons 5, 10 are hidden dock icons
    - Icon 10 and 11 are top icons

To access hidden dock, scroll to the BBLOGO and click it
    To hide dock, when focus is on BBLOGO, scroll left and activate

Screenshots:

Personal WP - Theme comes with a different one. WP attached to this thread in case someone wants it.

UPDATE: Added Preicion Icon version per request. OTA Download below

UPDATE 2: Added Droid Icon version with no Hidden today. Also slight update on original droid version

OTA Download
    OS 5.0, hidden today, no transitions for 9630 and 9700
    Download

OS 5.0 No Hidden Today, no Transitions for 9630, 9700
    OTA Download

OS 5.0 Precision Icon version, Hidden Today, no Transitions
    Download

Battery Pull recommended after installing the theme

Leave some feedback
    I love this theme o much! I've tried sooo many themes and I keep coming back to this one.. I just love everything about it one question though... Is there anyway possible you can change the color? everything the is orange, can that be changed to a different color? I will be more then will to donate for your time PM me if you can and with the info where I can donate to thank you so much in advance <3 T

05-19-10 08:45 AM
    Awesome theme. Might even leave StormyX for this! One ever-present question: can the network indicator be fixed (as in other themes) so that edge/EDGE displays instead of g/G, uma/UMA instead of blank, etc? Otherwise, fantastic work, and clever use of hide/unhide. +10 for the Precision Icon version

Edit: Also (pretty sure this is a theme-based bug), all date/time labels under Messages are cut off, so only show the top 50%.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 05-20-10 at 10:15 PM.
    05-20-10 07:21 PM
    Awesome theme. Might even leave StormyX for this! One ever-present question: can the network indicator be fixed (as in other themes) so that edge/EDGE displays instead of g/G, uma/UMA instead of blank, etc? Otherwise, fantastic work, and clever use of hide/unhide. +10 for the Precision Icon version

Edit: Also (pretty sure this is a theme-based bug), all date/time labels under Messages are cut off, so only show the top 50%.
    In regards to the edge/Edge I can send you a version with the default 1XEV instead of the 3G font and that might fix it. I will try to post a version with that and let me know if it takes care of it.

In regards to the date/messages situation, can you uplaod a screen capture because I personally do not mess with the font in these sections so I am not sure what you are talking about. This might have to do with a new OS and how the font sizes changes with all the latest 5.0 leaks.

Also which version are you using, the droid icons or precision icons
    Last edited by al3azim; 05-21-10 at 02:30 PM.
    05-21-10 02:27 PM
    In regards to the edge/Edge I can send you a version with the default 1XEV instead of the 3G font and that might fix it. I will try to post a version with that and let me know if it takes care of it.
    I'll be happy to test that version out for you as soon as you get it posted, thanks!

In regards to the date/messages situation, can you uplaod a screen capture because I personally do not mess with the font in these sections so I am not sure what you are talking about. This might have to do with a new OS and how the font sizes changes with all the latest 5.0 leaks.

Also which version are you using, the droid icons or precision icons
    I'm using the Precision icon version (and loving it).

Here's a screenshot of the Messages issue:

The same thing happens in Email.

I've also noticed that if I slide over the icons too quickly, the SMS / MMS hover-over sticks on, even while opening and closing the pop-up. Is this an OS or theme glitch? Not a huge deal, just curious
    05-23-10 12:11 AM
    I'll be happy to test that version out for you as soon as you get it posted, thanks!

I'm using the Precision icon version (and loving it).

Here's a screenshot of the Messages issue:

The same thing happens in Email.

I've also noticed that if I slide over the icons too quickly, the SMS / MMS hover-over sticks on, even while opening and closing the pop-up. Is this an OS or theme glitch? Not a huge deal, just curious
    Thanks for the screenshot not it seems that the situation with the date has to do with the latest OS and how the fonts changed. What I mean by that is I am using default font in ThemeBuilder and I did not change anything with the text size. The new OS where Sprint Official .624 or any of the leaked ones change all the font sizes throughout the theme. I do not have that OS. I am still on .484 and everything looks great. The only thing I can think of to fix that issue with your fonts is to reduce the size and have you test it to see what you get.

The thing with the text showing is related to the hidden today and the name display of the theme. Each button of course is assigned a name and when you scroll through each icon, you see the name of that icon. Well the button that activates the dock does not have a name so when you scroll to it, nothing happens and that is why when you stop at that button, the text does not go away because it is not being replaced. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if there is a way around this but I will research that.
    05-23-10 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the screenshot not it seems that the situation with the date has to do with the latest OS and how the fonts changed. What I mean by that is I am using default font in ThemeBuilder and I did not change anything with the text size. The new OS where Sprint Official .624 or any of the leaked ones change all the font sizes throughout the theme. I do not have that OS. I am still on .484 and everything looks great. The only thing I can think of to fix that issue with your fonts is to reduce the size and have you test it to see what you get.

The thing with the text showing is related to the hidden today and the name display of the theme. Each button of course is assigned a name and when you scroll through each icon, you see the name of that icon. Well the button that activates the dock does not have a name so when you scroll to it, nothing happens and that is why when you stop at that button, the text does not go away because it is not being replaced. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if there is a way around this but I will research that.
    Yeah, I see what you mean with the text size. If I make my phone text huge, like Phone-For-The-Blind big, then the spacing for the fixed date font fits fine. The problem is I like my text at 5, not 8+ Score one for careless RIM developers who don't try anything but stock settings... What's the point of a beautiful high-resolution screen if they base the OS on 24pt+ fonts?? Oh well, at least we know it's a universal issue.

As far as the sticking homescreen text- I've never built a theme, so probably have no clue what I'm talking about, but is it possible to assign a name to the pop-up button of " " (blank)? That way, the onscreen text would switch off the SMS, but still look clean. Does that make any sense?

Also eagerly awaiting that possible EDGE version of yours to test out!
    05-27-10 05:22 PM
    Yeah, I see what you mean with the text size. If I make my phone text huge, like Phone-For-The-Blind big, then the spacing for the fixed date font fits fine. The problem is I like my text at 5, not 8+ Score one for careless RIM developers who don't try anything but stock settings... What's the point of a beautiful high-resolution screen if they base the OS on 24pt+ fonts?? Oh well, at least we know it's a universal issue.

As far as the sticking homescreen text- I've never built a theme, so probably have no clue what I'm talking about, but is it possible to assign a name to the pop-up button of " " (blank)? That way, the onscreen text would switch off the SMS, but still look clean. Does that make any sense?

Also eagerly awaiting that possible EDGE version of yours to test out!
    I think I know what you are talkinb about in regards to text issue sticking on the screen. I have not found a way to assign a name to the dock button. I am still researching this. Will post an update once I find a solution
    05-27-10 06:29 PM
    This is one I would love to use as well if you can add transitions and maybe make everything have more transparency, to the precision icon hidden today version? I really love your theming style.

Thanks!
    05-28-10 01:39 PM
    Great Theme as usual! Your themes are the only ones that "never grow old". Quick question, can you add the 3G to "hidden today with no transitions"? Thanks again!
    05-28-10 02:06 PM
    Great Theme as usual! Your themes are the only ones that "never grow old". Quick question, can you add the 3G to "hidden today with no transitions"? Thanks again!
    THe Hidden Today with no transitions already has the 3G. I am sure that is the only version I uploaded so far.
    05-28-10 03:34 PM
    New at this I have the tour 9630 what does it mean when it says no transition? Please inform. Thanks

05-28-10 04:36 PM
    New at this I have the tour 9630 what does it mean when it says no transition? Please inform. Thanks

Transitions are the flashy 'special effects' when you move from one screen to the next- like, fading in/out. Some people love these and think it makes for a prettier or more polished UI. Myself and many others prefer having none, so everything pops up quicker with less of a wait and lower overhead. Basically, snappiness vs fluff Hope that makes sense!
    05-29-10 04:27 PM
    This is without question one of my favorite themes ever. I simply will not delete this from my device, and it is among the first to be reinstalled when I have to wipe the OS and start fresh.

I go through themes like some people go through socks, and among both free and paid, this theme stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Thank you for your quality work on this.

06-03-10 05:30 AM
    Any chance of getting the precision icon version done with transitions and more transparency? One of my favorites.
    06-03-10 02:34 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD