First attempt at creating a theme for my Tour 9630 and thought I'd go public with it to get some feedback. No major changes, but some minor ones to make things easier to read and more fluid than the default theme. I left out my wallpaper just to cut down on the size of theme file itself so you guys can save some space and use whatever you want.

Some features of this theme...

- 9 customizable mini application icons
    - Messages, SMS & MMS, Browser - fixed in the lower left
    - clock and calendar are launchable to their respective applications
    - Messages, SMS & MMS, and calendar display Today text
    - spacebar launches QuickLaunch
    - first application slot for weather app (BerryWeather shown here)
    - first application slot also displays when device is locked

OS 4.7: http://bit.ly/cw0lM4

OS 5.0 with no hidden today: http://bit.ly/azZJ7j, OS 5.0.624+ http://bit.ly/bcaTSO

OS 5.0 with hidden today: Index of /V1/5.0, OS 5.0.624+ Index of /V1/5.0.624

NOTE: because of an issue with OS 4.7, the notification mark (red circle with white asterisk) works when it wants to and will sometimes stay on even though there's no more new messages or won't ever show up when there are new messages.

If you enjoy this theme, please consider donating https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...on_id=10870773

*UPDATES*
    04/04/10 - OS 5.0 version: changed the Messages, SMS & MMS, and Browser in the bottom left slots to use Slots 2, 3 and 4 respectively. Homescreen banner and Application banner are now more uniform in icon positioning. Weather slot slightly larger than default icon size. Removed some navigational links so it's easier to manuever in the Homescreen.
    03/29/10 - OS 5.0 version: tweaked placement of the NETWORK indicator to better align with signal strength, removed hidden Today
    01/29/10 - OS 5.0 version: removed SMS Today text since OS 5.0 threads messages, disabling Today text
    Last edited by dimm0k; 05-01-10 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Update for 5.0.624+
    12-29-09 01:46 PM
    Possible 5.0 OS version?
    12-29-09 02:04 PM
    Different, unique, and practical. Thanks!
    12-29-09 02:15 PM
    Possible 5.0 OS version?
    Actually just compiled one for the 5.0 OS... just need to upload it and will post link in the original message.
    12-29-09 02:27 PM
    Actually just compiled one for the 5.0 OS... just need to upload it and will post link in the original message.
    Sweet!
    THanks
    12-29-09 02:29 PM
    a version for 5.0 OS is up!
    12-29-09 02:33 PM
    could you make a dock version only ?? without the weather slot ??
    12-29-09 02:35 PM
    Thanks a lot!
    12-29-09 02:35 PM
    could you make a dock version only ?? without the weather slot ??
    Technically I can, but removing the weather slot would involve creating a new version of the theme and at the moment I would prefer not to manage too many themes. This is because everything is tied to that slot and removing it would involve reworking the theme to work without that slot.

If there's enough demand for it, I suppose I can put one together...
    12-29-09 02:52 PM
    What a great first theme! Really nice work! Looking forward for more wonderful themes from you.
    12-29-09 02:54 PM
    thanks for the quick response , theme looks really good . i only asked cuz i love very simply themes and have been tryin to make a mini icon dock theme and cant get it right lol. i love those 9-10 icon home screens
    12-29-09 02:58 PM
    Notification marks working on the 5.0 version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 04:23 PM
    Notification marks working on the 5.0 version?

I've been told they do... let me know if they work on your end if you have OS 5.0.
    12-29-09 04:27 PM
    Dimmok This theme looks great, and the notifications are indeed working with 5.0

EDIT: the notifications are not working with 3rd party apps just the emails, and bbm...
    Last edited by b1time; 12-29-09 at 07:42 PM.
    12-29-09 07:39 PM
    Dimmok This theme looks great, and the notifications are indeed working with 5.0

EDIT: the notifications are not working with 3rd party apps just the emails, and bbm...
    Thanks! What 3rd party apps are you referring to?
    12-29-09 07:44 PM
    Thanks! What 3rd party apps are you referring to?
    SocialScope lite is the only 3rd party app Im using... the little red indicator stays on the icon after I read a message
    12-29-09 07:55 PM
    Great theme dimm0k - I'm sticking with yours. The only problem I have is that when the first line of my calendar is really long it bumps into the weather icon. I'm using weatherbug, maybe that's the problem? Thanks again for sharing this - just what i was looking for.
    12-29-09 09:19 PM
    SocialScope lite is the only 3rd party app Im using... the little red indicator stays on the icon after I read a message
    Just curious if you put SocialScope lite into the first slot for the weather app, does the red indicator work properly then?
    12-29-09 10:03 PM
    Just curious if you put SocialScope lite into the first slot for the weather app, does the red indicator work properly then?
    Will try......

Update
    on the first slot it does work... i guess its because of the resizing of the icons on the bottom row??
    Last edited by b1time; 12-29-09 at 10:12 PM.
    12-29-09 10:05 PM
    Great theme dimm0k - I'm sticking with yours. The only problem I have is that when the first line of my calendar is really long it bumps into the weather icon. I'm using weatherbug, maybe that's the problem? Thanks again for sharing this - just what i was looking for.
    Glad to hear! While my calendar entries have not gotten that long, my intention was to have the calendar entries overlap the weather icon if they do get that long so that the weather icon would seem to be more like the wallpaper... and blend "away" into the background. Maybe weatherbug handles things differently... if possible, could you send me a screenshot of how it looks?
    12-29-09 10:11 PM
    Glad to hear! While my calendar entries have not gotten that long, my intention was to have the calendar entries overlap the weather icon if they do get that long so that the weather icon would seem to be more like the wallpaper... and blend "away" into the background. Maybe weatherbug handles things differently... if possible, could you send me a screenshot of how it looks?
    Sorry, i don't have that installed to take a screen shot. I tried berryweather and it is the same thing. I agree about 'blending in' and that it would look good, but the problem is that the text goes right over it and you cant see the weather. But really, it's probably only me that has such a long calendar entry - it is ridiculously long and not too common I would think so I wouldn't read too much into it. I think it's fine as is. Thanks again.
    12-29-09 10:30 PM
    Is that a hidden dock or the bottom picture a different version?

12-30-09 01:41 AM
    I love ur theme!!!! Havin all that on the home screen is really easy to navigate!!! Gr8 job

12-30-09 02:10 AM
    Is that a hidden dock or the bottom picture a different version?

Same version... when you have the focus on the weather slot the application icons hide to show your background.
    01-01-10 06:00 PM
    I love ur theme!!!! Havin all that on the home screen is really easy to navigate!!! Gr8 job

Thanks! Yeah, it's actually a culmination of other themes I've seen that had some stuff I wanted here and some stuff I wanted there. Figured it'd be easier to make my own.
    01-01-10 06:02 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD