a little something i cooked up today. saw some similar premium ones, mine's no where close but I thought I'd take a crack at this style.

6 user defined mini icons
    5 static icons
    spacebar/quicklaunch
    weather slot
    hidden today

Updated 4- 14-10
    larger font on today area.
    more customized and consistent menu & lists colors
    custom call screens
    updated batt/signal
    added a little more room in the unread area.
    new custom hourglass.
    more wallpaper friendly with more translucent home console.
    $ shortcut to sms/mms

here's the OTA if anyone want's to check it out.

OTA 4.7

OTA 5.0
    new focus image and call, and lock screens

thanks for looking, donations appreciated.
    Last edited by kirksucks; 04-19-10 at 02:02 PM.
    04-13-10 03:37 PM
    This is a great theme! Very well done. Something different and creative! I like it a lot! The 5 static icons (along the bottom part of the"u") don't show a notification (red star) for new messages or sms texts. Just letting you know! Thanks for a great theme!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 03:58 PM
    Another creative one. Thanks for including the 4.7 users. There are lots of us. Maybe you should mention 4.7 and 5.0 available. Wallpaper friendly! Think I will explore and get back with you later. Really digging this one.

04-13-10 05:14 PM
    Sir Kirk, old people like great themes too. What about an op (old people) version? Maybe 1 size up on font? Tried it with about 10 different wallpapers. Works extremely well with a lot of Lucajas walls which are beautiful. I think I will hold on to this one for a while. This is the first "small" customized theme that was really great for the 4.7 version. Thanks again! Been following you for a while. Really starting to get into your themes. I'd rather see "Themes by Kirk" in the future! You have truly evolved in your themes.

04-13-10 05:54 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'm not sure why the static icons don't get the notification. Ill have to look into it.

Its small to make it somewhat wp friendly but I could make the today bigger. All other fonts throughout are default size.

I don't like how the nav works as it is. esp, the weather. I'll have to mess with that too.

The battery and signal indicators look sloppy to me as well.

04-14-10 01:55 AM
    I like it a lot. No battery drain or excessive lag. The walls I used worked well. Would like to see larger font on hidden today area. I did not have any problems with notifications on 4.7.

04-14-10 06:33 AM
    Lucajas walls
    Where can these wallpapers be found? This post is the only result I get when I search for Lucajas in CrackBerry search. Google has some obscure results.

Thanks!

04-14-10 06:43 AM
    Another great theme, thanks for sharing man. I like the indicators, nice touch. One question - does navigation go to the weatherslot? It seems like I got to that middle icon once, but couldn't figure out how to get back in there. I really dig the theme, thanks again.
    04-14-10 07:38 AM
    For great wallpapers for this theme, see under bb themes, select bb wallpapers! Happy hunting.

04-14-10 07:44 AM
    To get to weather. Scroll left at slot #1

04-14-10 09:00 AM
    What's the ETA of the larger today font?

04-14-10 09:34 AM
    The large center icon and the music icon are not movable. I tried to get them out of the main menu option but they stay right where they are. Messages and Music are stuck for me.
    04-14-10 09:52 AM
    because they're static dood.
    04-14-10 10:54 AM
    The bottom 5 don't move.

Will have a bigger today font version later today. May make some other improvments too. Anything specific u guys looking for?

04-14-10 11:02 AM
    Kirk this looks awesome, I look forward to checking it out. Nice stuff!! Without having used it yet, the only other "usual" thing I look for in a theme these days is a $ SMS shortcut.

Looks like there's just enough room for four notification icons?
    04-14-10 12:12 PM
    the notification area is actually bigger than the default, also the icons are smaller than normal too for more room. I dunno tho. I suggest you just check and delete messages frequently.

here's an ota for bigger font today. Console611_big
    04-14-10 12:22 PM
    In this case, my words "just enough" were meant to say that it looks like you were able to squeeze four notification icons into that space. Not "just enough" as in a complaint.

When themers who are giving to the community ask for input, I feel like that opens the door for input/feedback. But I try very hard not to be someone who complaints about free theme work. I've been playing around a little with this stuff and I know it's not a quick/easy task, especially a theme like this one.

Thanks for sharing your work!
    04-14-10 12:27 PM
    ok guys, Console611 2.1 is coming.

OTA on op is being updated now.

larger font on today area.
    more customized and consistent menu & lists colors
    custom call screens
    updated batt/signal
    added a little more room in the unread area.
    new custom hourglass.
    more wallpaper friendly with more translucent home console.
    04-14-10 02:37 PM
    more updates.
    04-14-10 04:26 PM
    need non-hidden today, all icons customizable. You will be the best
    04-14-10 04:29 PM
    ya ... wish there was non-hidden too, but i'm not going to complain on a free theme like this one. great job man..
    04-14-10 04:58 PM
    Thanks for all your hardwork! I'm happy

04-14-10 05:10 PM
    You guys are killin me! Ha. What I want to do is create a whole set of icons like the static ones. Make them all customizable at that point.

Thanks!

04-14-10 05:21 PM
    got lots of room to add today plus....
    04-14-10 05:28 PM
    I don't usually like themes that cover nearly half the homescreen, but I LOVE this one! I have one question, though. It looks to me like the "date real estate" is gonna be too small in September, November and December. Am I wrong? I apologize for buggin you if I am. Great theme! It works well with a surprising number of wallpapers. I dl'd the original since you first posted it. I'm dl'ing the updated version, now.

04-15-10 06:12 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD