I use the Blackberry Pro v3 theme for my tour and it was working great and all with the today funcionality. I had a problem with facebook where it wouldnt update my contact's pictures so i figured i would re-install it but since doing so my calendar hidden today doesnt work. (I assumed it had something to do with facebook updating calendar events) I tried to change themes to non-today ones and back and forth but no luck. My messages still appear in the today area. Any idea on how to get this working again?
    08-27-09 06:48 AM
    THE SOLUTION:
    1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    Guess I didnt search hard enough before posting. That worked like a charm.
    08-27-09 10:22 AM
    I use the Blackberry Pro v3 theme for my tour and it was working great and all with the today funcionality. I had a problem with facebook where it wouldnt update my contact's pictures so i figured i would re-install it but since doing so my calendar hidden today doesnt work. (I assumed it had something to do with facebook updating calendar events) I tried to change themes to non-today ones and back and forth but no luck. My messages still appear in the today area. Any idea on how to get this working again?
    funny, that happened to me (using the 3g tour theme), all of a sudden last night. and the calendar date says friday 11.. its thursday the 27th! let me know if you've heard anything..
    08-27-09 10:42 AM
    funny, that happened to me (using the 3g tour theme), all of a sudden last night. and the calendar date says friday 11.. its thursday the 27th! let me know if you've heard anything..
    The "calendar date" that you see is just an icon for the calendar, the date doesn't change. It has always shown "Friday 11," it's a non-animated picture/icon.
    08-27-09 03:48 PM
    The "calendar date" that you see is just an icon for the calendar, the date doesn't change. It has always shown "Friday 11," it's a non-animated picture/icon.
    o ok.. i understand that now. but, im still having trouble figuring out why the today calendar is not showing any events (facebook birthdays)? i've had the 3g tour theme for 2 weeks now, and all of a sudden last night it just didnt work anymore!?

can someone help with this issue? thanks in advance.
    08-27-09 07:37 PM
    I have been running MIRO on my storm for months it is a today theme. All of a sudden I cannot get a today them to work I have tried a few and I can't get it to sync with my calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 07:20 PM
    I think this is the 4th or 5th time I've posted this in the past week.

Today themes, either Hidden or normal, only display the appointments stored in your Default Calendar. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and check to see which calendar is selected. Most people who have this issue have had their default calendar switched out by Facebook. Change the device default to your normal calendar and it will display.

Only the calendar selected as the default calendar will display on a Today theme.

If you are continually having problems, you may need to back up your device using the DM, then wipe the calendar DB and restore it from an Outlook sync.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 09-17-09 at 08:01 PM.
    09-17-09 07:58 PM
    I think this is the 4th or 5th time I've posted this in the past week.

Today themes, either Hidden or normal, only display the appointments stored in your Default Calendar. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and check to see which calendar is selected. Most people who have this issue have had their default calendar switched out by Facebook. Change the device default to your normal calendar and it will display.

Only the calendar selected as the default calendar will display on a Today theme.

If you are continually having problems, you may need to back up your device using the DM, then wipe the calendar DB and restore it from an Outlook sync.
    Thank you for posting one more time....i went into that default services and there is no device calender listed only my two email accounts. The funny thing is that if i enter a new appointment it will register on my today screen.
    09-18-09 10:47 AM
    Edit: It is working now...went under advanced options and deleted the extra email, and the facebook that said CICAL next to it.
    Last edited by bndc226; 10-26-09 at 01:44 PM.
    10-26-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD