BlueTabs is our latest functional and professional theme for the Curve 8900, Tour 9630/9650, and Bold 9700.

• 5 upcoming calendar entries with access to each and the application itself (when using the version with calendar entries).
    • 5 tabs (contacts, messages, emails, IM, and voicemail)
    • 5 HIDDEN tabs (social site, media, radio, browser, and maps)
    • weather slot shown on the homescreen for use with your favorite weather app. Also shows on your lockscreen.
    • hotkeys : '0' opens BerryWeather if installed, '$' opens manage your connections, and 'space' opens QuickLaunch if installed
    • wallpaper friendly
    • hidden dock scrolls up and down when active/non-active

Another neat feature is the IM, voicemail, social site, radio, and maps tabs along with the weather slot. You can customize these to be whatever application you wish. They are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th applications in your application menu. So, if you want the 'social site' tab to open Facebook then make this spot #3 in your menu. On the other hand if you want MySpace then put it #3 in your menu. The same goes for the IM, voicemail, radio, maps, and weather!

Purchase from the CrackBerry Store for $2.99 using the link below :
    BlueTabs - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

UPDATES:

Now with an optional 'no calendar on homescreen' version. Instead, the emails tab has been removed and replaced with a calendar tab. In this version your emails, SMS, and MMS will all be in one folder under the 'messages' tab. See last picture above.

UPDATES #2:

I have changed the BBM tab to 'IM' and it can now be customized to an application of your choice. Voicemail has also been updated so you can open an application of your choice as well. This is for those who want to open something other than BBM and Visual Voicemail.

UPDATES #3:

Support for the 9600 Tour and 9700 Bold is now available!

Some examples with other wallpapers all available here on CrackBerry in the wallpaper section :

11-10-09 03:42 PM
    just bought this theme and love it.....however we cant use voicemail applications in the uk so i was wondering if i can get 3 of the tabs modified voicemail to appworld, radio to music and maps to office my pin is 215D4CA2 to discuss

thanks and again awesome
    11-11-09 07:47 AM
    wow ..... Getting this
    11-11-09 07:49 AM
    just bought this theme and love it.....however we cant use voicemail applications in the uk so i was wondering if i can get 3 of the tabs modified voicemail to appworld, radio to music and maps to office my pin is 215D4CA2 to discuss

thanks and again awesome
    All of those tabs can be changed to open whatever application you wish. IM, voicemail, social site, radio, maps, and weather are simply the first applications you have listed in your application menu.

So for instance, voicemail is spot #2 in the application menu. Now, as far as changing the actual names listed on the tabs this is not possible since they are actual graphic images. We simply selected which items we thought would work best for us and the general public and then made the ones which have options (or which some people do not have) customizable.

In your case you could put AppWorld as spot 2, music to spot 4, and office to spot 5. This would let you open those with the tabs on the homescreen, but of course the names on the tabs would stay the same.
    11-11-09 02:31 PM
    All of those tabs can be changed to open whatever application you wish. IM, voicemail, social site, radio, maps, and weather are simply the first applications you have listed in your application menu.

So for instance, voicemail is spot #2 in the application menu. Now, as far as changing the actual names listed on the tabs this is not possible since they are actual graphic images. We simply selected which items we thought would work best for us and the general public and then made the ones which have options (or which some people do not have) customizable.

In your case you could put AppWorld as spot 2, music to spot 4, and office to spot 5. This would let you open those with the tabs on the homescreen, but of course the names on the tabs would stay the same.

Ok so what would it cost me to get those 3 icons changed I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would go for this

Thanks
    Darren

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 12:57 PM
    Ok so what would it cost me to get those 3 icons changed I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would go for this

Thanks
    Darren

Perhaps if we get enough requests for a certain 'list' of icons we will do so. The bottom line is everyone is going to want or wish for a certain group of icons on the homescreen for the tabs. What we don't want to to is have a ton of different versions released and confuse the heck out of anyone wishing to purchase. This is the main reason we changed the non-standard tabs like social site, voicemail, etc to be customized (as far as what application opens) by the order of the application menu.
    11-17-09 01:33 PM
    With the Calendar version is the Calendar always on or is it a Hidden today? This would only allow for display of the Callendar and messages when those tabs are highlighted.

I would be interested if it were a hidden today version and not on all the time.
    11-17-09 01:56 PM
    so in the meantime how do you link the voicemail tab to voicemail?
    11-17-09 02:45 PM
    Awesome theme, but wish the tabs could be user defined.
    11-17-09 03:33 PM
    Really like the theme. Unfortunately I don't pay for themes...=0)
    11-17-09 05:34 PM
    With the Calendar version is the Calendar always on or is it a Hidden today? This would only allow for display of the Callendar and messages when those tabs are highlighted.

I would be interested if it were a hidden today version and not on all the time.
    Calendar is always on for the 'calendar version'. We found that using the today format slowed down the icons a little too much than we liked.
    11-17-09 05:50 PM
    Awesome theme, but wish the tabs could be user defined.
    Only those which are non-BB standard parts of the operating system. See below :

Another neat feature is the IM, voicemail, social site, radio, and maps tabs along with the weather slot. You can customize these to be whatever application you wish. They are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th applications in your application menu.
    11-17-09 05:51 PM
    so in the meantime how do you link the voicemail tab to voicemail?
    The voicemail tab opens up whatever applicaton you have listed as #2 in the application menu. If you have visual voicemail than put that in the #2 spot. If not you can use it to open something else.
    11-17-09 05:52 PM
    The voicemail tab opens up whatever applicaton you have listed as #2 in the application menu. If you have visual voicemail than put that in the #2 spot. If not you can use it to open something else.

I gather that, nevermind ill just notch it up to a great theme with a couple of daft tabs that have no relevance to applications that you would actually want on your main home in my opinion and it is mine I know.
    Followed by pretty crap service from the maker as an experienced graphic app user the buttons in question could be edited in less than 5 mins granted I'm not a theme builder so I don't know what it would take to swap them out but I'm pretty sure with your experience no more than an hour max and for such a short amount of time you could earn some extra money but instead you want to pass it over and just tell me to stick any app in the areas that just don't work cool thanks

Shame I was right into this theme as awesome now its uncustomizable crap in my books and deleted

11-18-09 01:16 AM
    I gather that, nevermind ill just notch it up to a great theme with a couple of daft tabs that have no relevance to applications that you would actually want on your main home in my opinion and it is mine I know.
    Followed by pretty crap service from the maker as an experienced graphic app user the buttons in question could be edited in less than 5 mins granted I'm not a theme builder so I don't know what it would take to swap them out but I'm pretty sure with your experience no more than an hour max and for such a short amount of time you could earn some extra money but instead you want to pass it over and just tell me to stick any app in the areas that just don't work cool thanks

Shame I was right into this theme as awesome now its uncustomizable crap in my books and deleted

Wow... rough day or something?

Everything is stated pretty clearly how the theme works, what tabs are listed, which can be customized, etc. If you read the earlier post I asked if there was enough demand for a certain set of tabs I would consider doing another, but it is obviously impossible to cater to every single persons customized wishes. If you don't like whats on there then don't buy it I guess.

If you're an experienced graphic app user you should consider doing a theme for yourself. It's actually not too bad once you get the hang of the theme builder software. The two themes I currently offer I made for the pure and simple fact I wasn't happy with any of the themes out there - free or premium. If I had found one I probably wouldn't have made my own.

Not quite sure how the 'crap' service came in... it doesn't come with personalized customization it comes how it shows. Send an email to support (at) berrycustoms.com with your info, what tabs you want, and what phone you have and I'll email what you want back to you though. Note to others - I'm not doing custom versions for everyone - I have a life, job, and barely enough time to sleep during the day usually haha.
    11-18-09 05:04 AM
    Well, I bought my 1st theme EVER today... Blue Tabs. Looked so good on the screen shots. All in all I will say its just ok.

Visually it looked great (PIC 1). On the homescreen, when I clicked contacts, it opened the contacts. When I clicked IM, it also opened contacts... so did Social Sites. When I opened up the Media folder it took me into Media, but a quick escape didn't take me back to the home screen. Granted, maybe it was my fault for not setting them up right or something but I deleted it shortly after install.

Got a call right after installing it and noticed the number was not centered at all. Especially if its built into your address book... all 3 lines are aligned differently (PIC 2)

In the address book, the entry names are set to the phone font size, but the business name below are HUGE. Hard to see since I blured it but they are not the same (PIC 3)

In the call log (again, hard to see) but the business or person name below the number is so large it cuts it off. You can kind of tell on the times the calls were received. But again, they are not set to system fonts (PIC 4).

And the biggest issue for me, being a visual person is that it is not wallpaper friendly. The wallpaper only changes on the main home screen and not the apps screen. One of my biggest complaints with RIM is the ugly blue screen!

With some work, the theme could be good... I think. Its just not there yet. Good luck on it and thanks for not making it a $5.99 loss.

Last edited by Gkins3; 12-04-09 at 07:41 PM.
    12-04-09 07:37 PM
    Well, I bought my 1st theme EVER today... Blue Tabs. Looked so good on the screen shots. All in all I will say its just ok.

Visually it looked great (PIC 1). On the homescreen, when I clicked contacts, it opened the contacts. When I clicked IM, it also opened contacts... so did Social Sites. When I opened up the Media folder it took me into Media, but a quick escape didn't take me back to the home screen. Granted, maybe it was my fault for not setting them up right or something but I deleted it shortly after install.

Got a call right after installing it and noticed the number was not centered at all. Especially if its built into your address book... all 3 lines are aligned differently (PIC 2)

In the address book, the entry names are set to the phone font size, but the business name below are HUGE. Hard to see since I blured it but they are not the same (PIC 3)

In the call log (again, hard to see) but the business or person name below the number is so large it cuts it off. You can kind of tell on the times the calls were received. But again, they are not set to system fonts (PIC 4).

And the biggest issue for me, being a visual person is that it is not wallpaper friendly. The wallpaper only changes on the main home screen and not the apps screen. One of my biggest complaints with RIM is the ugly blue screen!

With some work, the theme could be good... I think. Its just not there yet. Good luck on it and thanks for not making it a $5.99 loss.

Correct, you did not setup your application order correctly. Please see below which is also listed on all purchase pages as well as our site :

IM tab : opens application #1 in the application menu
    voicemail tab : opens application #2 in the application menu
    social site tab : opens application #3 in the application menu
    radio tab : opens application #4 in the application menu
    maps tab : opens application #5 in the application menu
    weather slot : opens application #6 in the application menu

So what you need to do is arrange the first six applications in your
    application menu correctly to correspond with the above tabs.

In other words, if IM is opening your contacts it is because contacts is your first entry in the application menu and so on.

The wallpaper is friendly. Sounds like you need to reset your theme defaults. I can guarantee you that when you change the wallpaper it changes for every other screen as well.

Regarding your other issues, the strange thing here is we did not change these AT ALL. They are default and have not been changed whatsoever. So, if you are having problems with that it is certainly not because of our theme. The only thing customized with this theme is your homescreen. Perhaps you changed your font sizes around in the phone options?
    12-04-09 08:51 PM
    Just purchased and extremely happy with it , got it setup correct... Thanks for this great theme..... Any chance you can post the wallpaper with the water dock Please....
    12-04-09 09:08 PM
    So what you need to do is arrange the first six applications in your
    application menu correctly to correspond with the above tabs.

In other words, if IM is opening your contacts it is because contacts is your first entry in the application menu and so on.
    Got it. I figured that was my error.

The wallpaper is friendly. Sounds like you need to reset your theme defaults. I can guarantee you that when you change the wallpaper it changes for every other screen as well.
    No matter what changes I made, it doesn't change on the apps screen. Only the main homescreen. Never had that issue with any of the other dozen themes I downloaded or donated to.

Regarding your other issues, the strange thing here is we did not change these AT ALL. They are default and have not been changed whatsoever. So, if you are having problems with that it is certainly not because of our theme. The only thing customized with this theme is your homescreen. Perhaps you changed your font sizes around in the phone options?
    Again, never had this problem with any other theme. It is certainly not a setting on my end. You cannot change the font size of the business name alone and I certainly can't change the alignment of the phone screen. Not to mention, the font size is right where I want it so why would I change it to make your theme show up properly?

I appreciate the feedback though. Good luck.
    12-04-09 09:42 PM
    Got it. I figured that was my error.

No matter what changes I made, it doesn't change on the apps screen. Only the main homescreen. Never had that issue with any of the other dozen themes I downloaded or donated to.

Again, never had this problem with any other theme. It is certainly not a setting on my end. You cannot change the font size of the business name alone and I certainly can't change the alignment of the phone screen. Not to mention, the font size is right where I want it so why would I change it to make your theme show up properly?

I appreciate the feedback though. Good luck.
    Gkins, I had the same issues as you. I think I got the contacts fixed by making the font size 9 or larger, but to me that is unacceptable. I like a 7 or 8 size and it doesn't play nice with this (and other) themes.

I don't think the wallpaper persisted throughout either, just on the homescreen. I can't confirm this since I already deleted the them from my device thanks to the lousy battery meter.
    01-08-10 10:06 PM
    Guys, we made zero changes to any settings for fonts, colors, etc. The ONLY thing this theme does it modify your homescreen.

I have no clue why you would be experiencing font issues as they were untouched and left as default. Are you running a beta OS on your phone? We have an 8900, 9600, and 9700 sitting here with none of the problems you state.
    01-08-10 10:49 PM
    I was not running a beta OS on my Tour. I only noticed the font issues when I set the font to size 7. And this was not (and is not) the only theme that has some display issues with font sizes smaller than 8. So I suspect it is a Plazmic issue and not a flaw in the design of the theme.
    01-12-10 03:41 PM
    couple questions on the bluetabs:

- i bought the calendar version, which i really don't want to have that calendar up there 24/7. when i bought it, i was assuming it was an option - can i get it off there or do i have to buy the non-calendar one? that would be annoying

- what happened to my SMS?? when i hit "messages" on the home screen, nothing happens, and when i go to the apps menu, SMS isn't there anymore???

other than that, it's a pretty solid theme
    03-01-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD