I took some of my favorite abstract images from the web and decided to turn them into a theme.

Theme has hidden today, all icons are customizable with the 7th being for the weather app of your choice and the spacebar is also a shortcut for either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe. The lock screen also has the weather icon on it as well.

Please let me know what you think.

Screenshots

OTA Links

Version 1 - Original as shown above
    9700 5.0

Version 2 - Abstract image on main screen only. All others default images
    9700 5.0

Version 3 - Original as shown above with no Today/Hidden Today
    9700 5.0

Version 4 - Abstract image on main screen only. All others default images and no Today/Hidden Today
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Version 4 WITH Transitions - As requested by rion_j
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Weather App Text
    Versions 5 - 8 are the same as 1 - 4 above only with text showing beside slot for the weather app.

Version 5 - Original as shown above with weather app text
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Version 6 - Abstract image on main screen only. All others default images with weather app text
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Version 7 - Original as shown above with no Today/Hidden Today and weather app text
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Version 8 - Abstract image on main screen only. All others default images with no Today/Hidden Today and weather app text
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Version 8 WITH Transitions - As requested by rion_j
    OS 4.7
    OS 5.0
    9700 5.0

Each version has a different name (abstract, abstract 2, abstract 3) so that if you decide you want a different version, you will have to go into applications and delete the one you no longer want. Downloading a different version won't replace/update the theme.

If you enjoy this theme, please consider a donation:

Be sure to check out my Blackblerry Theme Blog for all my themes
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 02-28-10 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Update OTA Links
    01-24-10 10:53 PM
    This theme is SOOOO eye candy.. thanks so much.. im enjoying it..
    01-24-10 11:52 PM
    Very nice! I like the big clock and clean layout. Like your choice of icons as well. It's snappy too, despite the size.

I do have a request, though. Can you make a version where the wallpapers for the call/app/locked screens are plain? The stock deep blue would be fine. They are too distracting for me, currently. I like changing the home screen wallpapers and they don't go with most of the ones I use.

It's great that you included a 9700 link as well. Really appreciate that. You might want to post this at the 9700 theme thread as well? I'm sure a lot of folks there would like it--and your Vortex theme, too.

All in all, good job! And thank you!
    Last edited by zaqer; 01-25-10 at 12:17 PM.
    01-25-10 12:13 PM
    I love the colors!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:57 PM
    I'm liking this as well. Icons are nice, battery percentage is cool, etc. My only request would be a Non-Today version. Can you add this version?
    Last edited by rion_j; 01-25-10 at 02:27 PM.
    01-25-10 02:04 PM
    I'm not techy enough to tell you how it can be done but I've seen other themes where the home screen and app screen can share the same user defined wallpaper. Any chance you could create such a version? The icons are large and clear, the font size is perfect and the colors of the icon graphics are vibrant. Would just like to control the app screen wallpaper if possible.
    01-25-10 03:12 PM
    I added OTA links for 2 new versions.

At zaqer's request - default screens on all but the main screen
    and,
    at rion j's request - no today/hidden today

Enjoy and thanks for your feedback.
    01-25-10 09:54 PM
    I'm not techy enough to tell you how it can be done but I've seen other themes where the home screen and app screen can share the same user defined wallpaper. Any chance you could create such a version? The icons are large and clear, the font size is perfect and the colors of the icon graphics are vibrant. Would just like to control the app screen wallpaper if possible.
    This used to be the case with theme builder 4.7, but when RIM updated to version 5.0, this was taken away. I am going to download 4.7 and see if I can import 5. designed themes into it to accomplish this. Don't know if it will work or not. If it does, likely won't work on any devices running 5.0. I will see what I can find out.
    01-25-10 09:56 PM
    Nice theme!!!!
    01-25-10 10:33 PM
    sick theme thanks a lot..
    01-25-10 10:52 PM
    Fantastic! Thanks so much.
    01-25-10 11:52 PM
    I really like this theme...except the the alarm icon overlaps into the time on the main screen.....and also if you go to the screen with all the icons,the battery percentage overlaps the time.added transitions would make this theme perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 01:09 AM
    Another spectacular design, in addition to your Vortex theme! In appreciation of your fine efforts and to encourage you to continue to share your themes with the Tour community, I'd be delighted to donate if you had a PayPal link?

BTW, I noticed that Abstract has a smaller memory footprint than Vortex. I suppose this has to do with the specific icons, layout and other factors possibly out of your control, etc. Generally, anything that can lessen a theme's memory requirements without compromising the integrity of your design, is always welcomed.

Keep up the great work!
    01-26-10 08:33 AM
    I added OTA links for 2 new versions.

At zaqer's request - default screens on all but the main screen
    and,
    at rion j's request - no today/hidden today

Enjoy and thanks for your feedback.
    thanks jcarley! great theme!!

and FYI - I just noticed in the Non-Today version for 4.7 OS that when the BB Messenger is on the Home Screen the text looks like this this: "BlackBerry Messe..."
    01-26-10 09:00 AM
    great looking theme ! i like it very much! thanks!
    01-26-10 09:15 AM
    I noticed some issues with the clock placement shifting occasionally. I resized the clock box slightly and am running it on my Tour now to test. There have been no further issues so far.

If it runs good all day, I will check the alarm placement and resize the application description so "Blackberry Messenger" shows up correctly.

I will update OTA's as soon as I can.
    01-26-10 09:37 AM
    Cool theme, No lagging. LOVE IT!!!
    01-26-10 01:03 PM
    I noticed some issues with the clock placement shifting occasionally. I resized the clock box slightly and am running it on my Tour now to test. There have been no further issues so far.

If it runs good all day, I will check the alarm placement and resize the application description so "Blackberry Messenger" shows up correctly.

I will update OTA's as soon as I can.
    Great! Thanks for jumping on this. Now that I've used Version 2, I'd like to see this version as a Non-Today as well if possible. I'd also like to request a Transitions version too for a Non-Today. Right now, your theme is running really smooth, no lag, etc and I'm not sure if transitions would slow it down or not, so if you could create a seperate transitions version that would be hot! Thanks for the consideration.
    01-26-10 01:58 PM
    Looks like fun.
    01-26-10 05:17 PM
    OTA links are down
    01-26-10 06:31 PM
    I was just updating the files and the site gave me an error about being full. Hopefully I didn't crash my ftp host!

I will check them later tonight.
    01-26-10 06:41 PM
    Looks like the OTA links are functional again.

I made fixes to all 3 versions.
    - changed the justification for the clock text to left, instead of right so the left edge of the time stayed constant.
    - changed/moved the alarm icon to just below the clock and next to the profile icon
    - increased the application description box so programs with long names like Blackberry Messenger show up completely on the main screen.
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 02-28-10 at 08:32 PM.
    01-26-10 08:27 PM
    Very cool. I like the new alarm icon better. Will look forward to the OTA update.
    01-26-10 09:40 PM
    Very cool. I like the new alarm icon better. Will look forward to the OTA update.
    The links are updated with the fixes.
    01-26-10 10:10 PM
    The links are updated with the fixes.
    Ah! Got it. Thanks.
    01-26-10 10:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD